“Spa Intercontinental is divine”

InterContinental Boston
Ranked #6 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Spa Intercontinental is divine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Having pulled a muscle in my neck I was looking for a massage to help me get through the day in Boston. Kim was ultra-accommodating with my limited schedule and managed to get me in. Upon arrival I was directed to the luxurious steam room to relax and then preceded to the soothing lounge area.

After a cup of refreshing cucumber infused water, Veronica greeted me and discussed treatment options. Seeing as it was a recent injury she recommended an acupressure treatment to help with my pain.

I was skeptical at first as I was looking for a massage but I only have one word - UNBELEIVABLE - Veronica is clearly an extremely talented and knowledgeable therapist. She had me up and functional within the hour and I cannot thank her enough.

Highly recommended!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (828)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Easily accessible from Boston Logan Airport on the Silver line bus .very close to all the amenities and tourist spots even though there was snow on the ground ,excellent helpful conciege , . Enjoyed the beautiful lobby with a fireplace
Hotel very spacious ,great room, comfortable bed ,large bathroom with lovely soaking bath tub ,excellent sushi/tequila bar and very inviting champagne circular bar in center of hotel.
We will return and enjoy the amazing spa ,gym workout area and pool next time . Only negative was no free Internet !!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sandi K
Portland, ME
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We often take holiday weekends in Boston, and this hotel and area was new to us. Since the 'big-dig', this area has changed significantly. It's become very pedestrian and driver friendly. An easy walk to Rowe's Wharf, Faneuil Hall, Government Center.
The hotel interior is very nice. The colors and ambiance in the common areas are very nice. There is a waterside terrace accessible from the rear lobby. This was nice in February, I'm sure it would be great in warmer weather.
The room (two full/queen) is very nice and has more modern features; iPod/iphone docking, power strips on the desk, etc. The bathroom is awesome! A walk-in glass shower w/ two showerheads, one stationary and one hand held. We didn't use the tub, however for bath lovers, it is an extra deep tub with a handheld shower nozzle.
Overall, a very nice experience!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank berged
Fairfield, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great service at this contemporary InterContinental Hotel along the water in Boston. Nice venue along a "canal" in Boston. You can walk along the waterfront on one side and along the Rose Kennedy Greenway on the other. Also walking distance to Fanuel Hall Marketplace (a bit of a tourist trap) and the North End, It's actually about a 20 minutes walk to the North End where all the great Italian restaurants are. Chinatown is also about a 15 minute walk in the other direction. Theater district is also close by.

Rooms are a good size and modern. Great shower. Nice high end soaps, etc.
Comfortable beds. They leave an umbrella in the room closet for your use just in case. Nice touch.

Good bar and restaurant on site. The bar is a rum bar with a nice selection of fine sipping rums. The restaurant is gourmet, and in the summer months has a nice outdoor seating area along the water.

I was staying here for a conference. The hotel offered a town car to the Hynes Auditorium for $15, which is only a couple dollars more than a cab. Very worth it. Nicer ride and the car is there when you walk out the door. I'm sure you could get similar service to the North End, Theater District, etc.

I believe they also accept pets under 25 pounds.

FVG
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

easily reachable either if you arrive in Boston via Amtrak train ( South Station) or flight ( the airport has a metro silver line and you'll arrive at South station)
the location look over the port and the small Tea Party Museum.
everything is quite big as in all the Intercontinental but you can easily find cosy corners here and there the hall
the staff at welcome desk and the concierge are super kind and look after you
my room was nice ( just a little bit to far away) with not such a view 'cause it was overlooking the street but at the same time it was quiet enough
Try the sushi bar which serve a fusion jap-mex quite interesting..

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

surprised my boyfriend for his birthday with a stay here-got an amazing deal on an updated room, so went for it. The too. Was unbelievable: for $30 extra I got a top floor, office and amazing view of the city. We completely relaxed and didn't even bother leaving the hotel because all we needed was right there! Had an amazing experience in the spa and with our room service. Can't wait to go back to this and other intercontinental locations!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Lisa K
Barrington, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

This trip was a surprise for my 50th birthday. We arrived at the hotel about noon, a bit early for our room to be ready, so we decided to check with the concierge for afternoon roaming and dinner suggestions. Once my husband revealed the purpose of our trip, Marc surprised us with special treats all day long. He suggested we walk the Freedom Trail and grab lunch at Faneuil Hall. I prepared to freeze, as it was 20 degrees out and I hadn't worn my heavy winter coat. Before we could head out, the gentleman at the front desk came over to tell us they had gotten our room ready, so we could change first. The room was modern, beautiful and clean, with a nice water view, and super comfy bed. The bathroom was huge with a big soaking tub and separate shower. When we returned to our hotel room a few hours later, there was a gift bag waiting with a birthday note of "warm wishes" and a Boston sweatshirt! Seriously, a birthday present from the hotel concierge! He recommended the Chart House for dinner and made our reservation. Once seated at dinner, we were presented with special menus that had a personalized birthday greeting printed at the top. After our dinner was ordered, the manager came over to advise us to save room for the complimentary dessert that Marc had ordered for us - Molten Lava cake - YUM! Back at the hotel, the bellmen were always at the ready, to open a door or get you a taxi. The service from every aspect was stellar. If I ever go back to Boston, this will be the only place I stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and water view.