“InCredible!”

InterContinental Boston
Ranked #3 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed my first night at an InterContinental just the other weekend in Boston and I truly miss it. With the endless amenities aside, the staff made my stay feel like I was the most important guest there. From the turndown service to the gift basket ( with an incredibly nice welcome note) , it was almost as if they had been preparing all week for my one night stay.

In the world I work in, customer service and relationship management is always priority and needless to say the staff at the Boston InterContinental has figured it out. I give credit to the management as they have chosen to hire genuinely nice and thoughtful staff whose attention to detail and guest appreciation is unparalleled ( I stay at MANY hotels).

From now on, if I am staying in Boston- I am booking at the InterContinental. Thank you very much to everyone who made what was supposed to be a regular nights stay an incredible evening of feeling pampered and welcome.

Hope to see you again soon.

• Stayed: January 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (4,729)

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

stayed for 5 nights on business.
hotel rooms are great, comfy beds, big tvs, great shower and deep baths!
corridors could do with a redec. on the outskirts of the financial district so quiet at weekends.
try the sushi and tequilla bar at the back of the hotel! fab!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I'm a local and stayed at the Intercontinental Boston in late October on a mini "mom-cation". From the moment I set foot in the door, I was delighted by the ambience and service. I arrived early to enjoy an appointment at their spa. What a beautiful, relaxing, zen-like place that is! Friendly staff and great amenities...steam room, pool with city views, perfect! I learned from my esthetician that the hotel has its own apiary on the 4th floor and uses the honey for spa treatments as well as in their restaurant Miel.

Upon check-in, the front desk presented me with a complimentary upgrade to a gorgeous junior suite. Oh how I wished I was staying more than one night! Not only was it fresh, crisp and beautifully decorated with a great view...but the bathroom was fabulous! The soaking tub is fantastic! Room service was delightful - the food delicious and artfully arranged. I so look forward to the next time we have enough miles saved that I could stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank khs22
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I used my Priority Club points to take my wife to Boston and this hotel. It was an excellent stay. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The bar is nice and relaxed with good food. The location is safe and convenient - it's Boston, so everything is somewhat convenient, but you can easily walk to what I consider the heart of downtown.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joe T
Reviewed January 2, 2013

nice hotel I liked the bar area and the bar food was good.. Room was just average forget views dont bother spending more money on that. Over all is an average motel located just outside of the action in the boston area

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear MECMilford,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed in a Junior “Waterview” suite. There are a few things you should know. The waterview is that of a narrow channel of water, not the harbor. No big deal. Our room on the 8 th floor overlooked the Tea Party Museum. What spoiled the view was the massive flat roof we looked down on.
The suite was nice but just seemed empty, lots of floor space, not much furnishings. I’d stick with the normal room, city view would be better.
The mattress was hard as a rock! We both had trouble sleeping. The sheets were holiday inn type quality. I’ve stayed at many luxury hotels where you sink into the bed and never want to get out. Not here. There is also a large deep tub in a very nice bathroom, however the shower, though nice, was surprisingly small.
Health club was A+ especially the steam room which was great on a cold winter day. We got a good rate during Christmas week. In the summer, this suite will run you $600 +. Not anywhere worth that.
Also, word of warning. The mini bar has sensors. You pick up and object and it goes on your bill. I had to haggle with the front desk over 2 cans of beer that were moved due to us putting a bottle of our wine in the fridge to get cold. Not cool! I wouldn’t return.

Room Tip: Dont pay extra for waterview, you look over a small channel, not the harbor
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Fred114,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 31, 2012

The Hotel is located on Atlantic Ave on the water, with great views of Downtown Boston and of the water. 10 mins in any direction and you can be at TD garden, Chinatown, Quincy Market.The staff was very courteous and professional. The room was very spacious with a nice large bathroom with both a tube and a shower. Although we did not visit the Hotel restaurants they were both full the evenings we stayed and very lively. Just a short walk from the Hotel is the James Hook & Company that serves good seafood. And just on the other side of Seaport Blvd is the Barking Crab. Will certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family