“Intercontinental Boston -- S u p e r b”

InterContinental Boston
Ranked #3 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Our first visit to this hotel and it was fantastic. Can't say enough great things about how the employees are so nice so that tells me that they like working there..
It was a pleasure staying there and will return the next time we are in Boston.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (4,731)

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel several times over the past 5 years for business. What I like is it's very consistent delivery of quality services, friendly and competent front desk and bell staff, good value, and great location. The rooms are clean and quiet. I have stayed at several other InterContiental properties in the US and this one is as good as the others. The hotel's location and services make it a good choice for both families and business travelers. I didn't give it 5 stars because the room service choices are a bit limited and the quality, while good, needs to be better to rate higher.

Room Tip: They're all good. I'm in a room right now next to the elevators and I can't hear them!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The hotel is in a great location, about 10-15 minutes from the airport, and within walking distance to many of the sites in Boston - such as Quincy Market, north end.... There is public transportation ( south station) located less than 5 minute walk away. I stayed on the 12th floor, in a Club King Room overlooking the water. The room was nicely appointed, with a large bathroom and work space. The club lounge was very nice, offering a nice selection for breakfast, and evening snacks. It was a nice place to relax for a few minutes, and the staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: club level room
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Having stayed at many InterContinental hotels, I've developed certain expectations. This Boston property fell a bit short in many respects. Let me start with the positive before touching on the shortfalls:

1) The hotel is conveniently located--less than a 15-minute cab ride from Logan Int'l and less than a 10-minute walk from Faneuil Hall and the Quincy Markets.

2) The hotel has great meeting space.

Now for the shortfalls:

1) Room service--don't both. Both times I ordered it, my food arrived cold. For $50, I would expect at least a 'warm' waffle and 'warm' breakfast potatoes. Oh no, they were stone cold.

2) The furnishings are showing significant wear and tear.

3) The property seems to cater to Chinese clientele, which means the beds are rock hard.

4) The hotel's cleanliness is lacking. The lamps and tabletops in my room hadn't been dusted in ages, and the bathroom floor of my first room (I asked to be switched) hadn't been mopped. The toilet was also running incessantly.

5) Not the best value in town. I was able to secure a reduced rate of $199/night (down from $299) but this hardly seems a bargain.

Would I stay there again? If I had to, but I'd look around for another place first.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
ICBoston, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear travelitis9,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at InterContinental Boston. Although we are pleased you enjoyed our meeting space and convenient location, we are disappointed to hear that your overall experience was not up to par. We strive to provide our guests with consistent, high-quality service and in this instance clearly fell short. I have shared your comments with our management team and we are currently evaluating our procedures. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to make necessary improvements to our service and hope you give us another opportunity to provide an experience that exceeds your expectations.

Michael Ditterline
Director of Rooms
InterContinental Boston

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Very well located, very clean, spacious rooms, high-quality Internet connection (a rarity these days). Highly advisable if you get it at a reasonable rate. If applicable, check parking rates too: they can be surprising.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Beautiful rooms- try junior suite specials with a good view on the water. Very friendly staff and above all extremely good food- Miel restaurant is sfinetely a place you should visit.
Rooms top notch modern, and clean.

Room Tip: Upgrade to jr suite and choose a room facing water. A way to get benefits is to become ambassador cl...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed here for one night on a whistle-stop trip up the east coast to New England. This hotel was amazing and was a real find. We booked it in advance, and got a great deal. The staff were welcoming and friendly and we were astounded when we received a knock at our door within an hour of our arrival with two bottles of beer, crisps and a note to wish us a great stay/night watching the Boston Celtics! Beautiful, immaculate and spacious rooms with a view of the boston skyline - you can either face the coast or the city.

Room Tip: If I stayed again, I would ask for a room facing the water.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple