“A Keeper for restaurants.”
Review of Legal Test Kitchen

Legal Test Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Legal Test Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #200 of 3,227 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Transit: Silver Line Way (Silver Line)
Description: Legal Test Kitchen (LTK), a Legal Sea Foods concept, ventures into uncharted waters and pushes the boundaries of innovation in premium food and drink. Multicultural dining options and inspired seasonal cocktails cast a wide net in attracting those who have an appetite for fun. Located in the Seaport District, our restaurant is within easy walking distance to the Institute of Contemporary Art, the World Trade Center, the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, the Bank of America Pavilion and hotels including the Renaissance Boston, Westin Waterfront and Seaport. LTK is both a destination and neighborhood hangout and our extended hours of operation make us a late night lure. In season, you can eat sea fare while smelling the salt air in our patio seating.
“A Keeper for restaurants.”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

The mussels appetizer and a soup or side salad is a great dinner, with 32 mussels. Wouldn't want to eat more as very full.

Visited June 2014

Manchester
“Interesting concept, we enjoyed it!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We enjoyed the experience here, there are some drawbacks such as it is small, not on the water, and seating is not set up well. We sat outside, and we fortunately seated facing the side street, I do not believe we would have liked being out the main avenue since it is very busy with both auto and pedestrian traffic wise. This place knows how to spice up your food, we tried Buffalo Popcorn shrimp, as well as lettuce wrap which were very flavorful. I had Paella, which I have had many places, and this one did not disappoint with lots of seafood and meat. Service was friendly and prompt, considering the place was still crowded when we got there at 8:30. Others had steak tips, and fish tacos, on the menu it said fried, but we asked for broiled, and it was not a problem. White sangria was also a compliment to the meal.

• Visited June 2014
Floral Park, New York, United States
“very good food”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

LTK is the test kitchen for the legal seafoods restaurant. the food is very good, varied choices. good service. can eat outdoors also

Visited June 2014
Boston
“Less than thrilled”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I took a couple people there for lunch, and found it lacking when compared to Legal Seafood across the street. First, I didn't find the menu to be all that creative, as one might expect at a "Test Kitchen". I got the fish and chips and there were lots of chips, but not so much fish. What I did have was good, but just a little bit less than what I would have expected, particularly since this is an all day menu, not a lunch menu. My dining companions were also disappointed, where one had trout that was obviously over cooked and the other had paella, and he wasn't very impressed. The wait staff was a little over bearing and obsequious. It was odd that a month earlier we ate at the Legal across the street and had a fantastic meal and experience.

• Visited June 2014
Flemington, NJ
“Well below expectations”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My review is affected by my expectations of anything branded "Legal Seafood". While it is an average restaurant, I give it a below average rating because its name raises expectations. While it is owned by the Legal Seafoods folks, it is not a "test kitchen". It is not testing new recipes. It is testing the "concept" - apparently of a misleading name and downscale food quality.

My advice - avoid this illusion. Rather than experimental dishes, you are getting everyday stuff, just at a bit lower price point and MUCH lower quality. A better name would be "Legal Seafoods - the Reb Lobster edition". Save your money. Go to a real Legal Seafood and steer clear of this bad idea. Oh - and I forgot to mention the mind-numbing, excessively loud techno-disco music blaring from the bar making us shout at each other all through dinner. Sounds like fun, huh?

• Visited May 2014

Been to Legal Test Kitchen? Share your experiences!