“Good fish and chips in a pinch” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Legal Test Kitchen

Legal Test Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Legal Test Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #172 of 3,179 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Transit: Silver Line Way (Silver Line)
Description: Legal Test Kitchen (LTK), a Legal Sea Foods concept, ventures into uncharted waters and pushes the boundaries of innovation in premium food and drink. Multicultural dining options and inspired seasonal cocktails cast a wide net in attracting those who have an appetite for fun. Located in the Seaport District, our restaurant is within easy walking distance to the Institute of Contemporary Art, the World Trade Center, the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, the Bank of America Pavilion and hotels including the Renaissance Boston, Westin Waterfront and Seaport. LTK is both a destination and neighborhood hangout and our extended hours of operation make us a late night lure. In season, you can eat sea fare while smelling the salt air in our patio seating.
Los Angeles, California
“Good fish and chips in a pinch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Ate at the airport location before a flight. Split fish and chips. Nothing fancy, nothing special, but it hit the spot at the time. Better than fast food options.

Westfield, Massachusetts
“Did not live up to its name”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

We had a party of 9 last night for dinner . The consensus at the table was food average nothing special , waiter messed up 2 dinners and forgot two salads and an app. Drink refills slow . $$ average . Too many other choices in town to waste another night at this one.

Shelburne, Vermont
“POOR customer service and WORSE follow up”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I recently took my family out to dinner and have been left VERY troubled, not so much by the food (which was generally good), but by a ridiculous issue that has arisen regarding my credit card. The waitress failed to return my card after I paid. I discovered the same the following day and immediately called them about the matter. I was informed they indeed had the card Profuse apologies were offered to me and they agreed to FEDEX the card to me right away - while also stating that the restaurant manager would be told about the problem upon arrival later that day. Seemed pretty straight forward, eh? Now 5 days later, still no credit card. I called back, ended up speaking with the General Manager, who again apologized for the oversight and lack of response and informed me that they would NOTreturn my card, as it is 'against company policy'. I was offered the option of calling my credit card company for a new card. I told them this is absurd, that they could waive all concerns about my account being compromised and to get me the card. Still no go. I asked to speak with someone "higher up the food chain". I was offered an 800 number to call at their corporate headquarters. I did not relish the thought of having to hunt someone down to address this issue. I informed the General Manager that I wanted a call from headquarters. I now await word from them. ONE CAN ONLY QUESTION THE COMMITTMENT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT THIS ESTABLISHMENT.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Milwaukee
“Mediocre at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Seated without a wait. Ordered our salad and chowda. Had not even had 5 bites and another waiter was bringing out our main course. Didn't even have room on the table for all the plates!! The waiter asked if we wanted him to take the food back and keep it warm!!! Poor timing in my opinion. Should have been watching where we were in the process. My daughter had Boston scrod and I had seared tuna. Ok but not outstanding. Waiter brings check. That had an extra beverage on it we did not order. Had to redo with right amount. Would not go back or recommend.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“good food, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had dinner there Saturday night after a trade show at The World Trade. My day boat sole was delicious, and healthy served with brown rice and sautéed spinach. There was a very smokey flavor to the spinach, but I thought it was interesting. My daughter didn't like her fish and chips (but she's insanely picky) and my husband had the same thing and said is was very good. It was super busy, the server was quick and efficient. This is often a good spot for late night food and a quick table vs. the competition in the neighborhood. The pumpkin creme brûlée lasted about 90 seconds on the table, it was that good. If you have an allergy, mention it, the chef and servers are very careful which I appreciate. I was surprised to see the 20-something come through for drinks without a concert at the BOA Pavilion.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Legal Test Kitchen? Share your experiences!