“Interesting and fun tour of Boston's movie moments”
Review of On Location Tours

and up
Boston Movie Mile Walking Tour
Ranked #49 of 142 Tours in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: On Location Tours is a one-of-a kind sightseeing company specializing in TV and movie location tours. The bus tour of Boston TV & Movie Sites visits more than 40 locations including sites from The Town, Good Will Hunting, Boston Legal, Cheers, and Mystic River. The Boston Movie Mile walking tour around Boston Commons visits more than 25 locations from movies and TV shows such as Good Will Hunting, The Departed, Ted, Cheers and many others.
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Interesting and fun tour of Boston's movie moments”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We learned some neat facts about movie-making in Boston, and a few general tidbits about the city. We've both lived in the area for years, but still found it very interesting. Elizabeth was a wonderful guide. My only recommendation is to be careful where you sit on the bus as some seats make it kind of difficult to see the TV screen where the movie clips play as you drive between locations.

Houston, Texas
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great for Movie Buffs, Not to Great for Photography Buffs”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was great way to see Boston on a rainy day! It is an exterior only tour and that needs to be noted. What you see is landscapes (the patch of grass where Matt Damon played Rugby, the harbor), buildings (the entry to a building in "The Departed," a laundromat from "The Town") and mostly the outsides of famous places. I enjoyed the tour and was only disappointed that we didn't stop at a lot of the places to take pictures. Pictures from inside a moving bus with tinted windows didn't come out so well so I would have loved to have taken pictures of Fenway Park, for instance. The L Street Tavern pitstop was great as "Good Will Hunting" is my favorite movie!This was the one and only "interior" you see and are able to spend time in. We "drove by" several other places and then there were some apartments or buildings that were "a few streets over." The DVD clips added a nice touch and I liked that the curse words were bleeped out. Overall, I enjoyed it and I'm glad it ended at Cheers which was a great photo opp and place for lunch. MG, the tour guide, was very funny and informative and I did get to see a lot of the city I probably wouldn't have seen otherwise.

Visited October 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Boston, Massachusetts
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fun movie and TV tour”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a fun way to see the city and learn about the movies and tv shows filmed here. As a resident, I expected to cover a lot of familiar ground but I was pleasantly surprised to visit areas of the city I'd never been to before and learn about sites I didn't know had been filmed. Now I am armed with a lot of fun movie trivia to amaze my friends!

It's a challenging kind of tour to give, because we can't stop at every location. So we would watch the clip on the DVD on the bus as we drove. Sometimes I wished we spent a little more time in a location--even just idling the bus, not necessarily making a stop where we would all get out.

Our guide MG was wonderful. Funny, spirited, knowledgeable!

I debated several times about rating this average or very good. In the end I went with average because despite all the very good things about it, I didn't feel it rose significantly above what I expected.

Las Cruces
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We'll worth the money.”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great way to see not only Boston movie sights but also the city overall. Our guide MG was great. Full of energy and very knowledgeable. Only complaint was the bus should have a better microphone. Those of us in the back had to strain to hear.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Mesillapark
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Boston Movie Tour”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Fantastic tour made memorable by our guide,Elizabeth,a native Bostonian whose local knowledge certainly added to the trip.Three hours flew by with a nice stop at The L St pub,a must do tour for anyone visiting Boston.

Visited July 2013

Been to On Location Tours? Share your experiences!