“Fun movie and TV tour”

and up
Boston Movie Mile Walking Tour
Ranked #48 of 143 Tours in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: On Location Tours is a one-of-a kind sightseeing company specializing in TV and movie location tours. The bus tour of Boston TV & Movie Sites visits more than 40 locations including sites from The Town, Good Will Hunting, Boston Legal, Cheers, and Mystic River. The Boston Movie Mile walking tour around Boston Commons visits more than 25 locations from movies and TV shows such as Good Will Hunting, The Departed, Ted, Cheers and many others.
Boston, Massachusetts
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fun movie and TV tour”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a fun way to see the city and learn about the movies and tv shows filmed here. As a resident, I expected to cover a lot of familiar ground but I was pleasantly surprised to visit areas of the city I'd never been to before and learn about sites I didn't know had been filmed. Now I am armed with a lot of fun movie trivia to amaze my friends!

It's a challenging kind of tour to give, because we can't stop at every location. So we would watch the clip on the DVD on the bus as we drove. Sometimes I wished we spent a little more time in a location--even just idling the bus, not necessarily making a stop where we would all get out.

Our guide MG was wonderful. Funny, spirited, knowledgeable!

I debated several times about rating this average or very good. In the end I went with average because despite all the very good things about it, I didn't feel it rose significantly above what I expected.

Visited October 2013

Las Cruces
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We'll worth the money.”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great way to see not only Boston movie sights but also the city overall. Our guide MG was great. Full of energy and very knowledgeable. Only complaint was the bus should have a better microphone. Those of us in the back had to strain to hear.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Mesillapark
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Boston Movie Tour”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Fantastic tour made memorable by our guide,Elizabeth,a native Bostonian whose local knowledge certainly added to the trip.Three hours flew by with a nice stop at The L St pub,a must do tour for anyone visiting Boston.

Visited July 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun tour!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We went on the Lights, Camera, Boston tour on Saturday, August 3rd, 2013. Our tour guide was Javier Marin and he was excellent. He was very friendly and entertaining. He gave us a lot of great movie facts, including history of the area. The only thing that was disappointing was that nothing was mentioned about the scenes from the movie "Ted" which was mentioned in the brochure. Otherwise, the main attractions were from movies we love. I would recommend this tour. The tour bus was very comfortable and Javier allowed plenty of time at the few stops we made.

Visited August 2013
Mississauga, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Not a complete bust, but not remarkable either”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I consider myself a movie buff, so I assumed I would love this tour. Unfortunately I was disappointed. The truth is that only a small number of big movies or TV shows are connected to Boston, so there is only so much that can be done. You will see a ton of scenes from The Town, The Departed and Good Will Hunting, and some random scenes from movies you forgot existed.

I liked that the tour was by bus since this allowed us to cover a lot of the city and learn things beyond what was movie related. I also liked some of the photo opportunities, such as the Good Will Hunting bar and the Cheers Bar. There were a couple of walks from the bus to see scenes that were not especially impacting.

If you have time to kill, this is not the worse option. But if you are only in Boston for a short time, the city has far better to offer.

Visited July 2013

Been to On Location Tours? Share your experiences!