“Loud and busy but fun”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: between Berkeley Street and Clarendon Street at the corner of Cahners Place
Transit: Orange Line to Back Bay Station Green Line to Copley Station or Arlington Station
Description: Contemporary Mexican cuisine based on traditional culinary recipes. The outstanding food, impeccable service & vibrant decor offers an unforgettable experience for all.
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Saturday night dinner. Very busy and wait staff a bit overwhelmed.
Food was excellent. Had the ceviche and chalapitas.
Fig Manhattan was truly unique. Be advised that the floor plan is open and not much sound deadening. Very noisy atmosphere but lively.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

good margaritas and food, especially fresh made salsas. Loud and lively. Arrive early to get a table or seat at the bar.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

They make the guacamole right next to your table, server was friendly and engaging, fun ambience, would highly recommend for groups of friends or a date.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We're from California, so we eat a lot of Mexican food. I have to say this is some of the best I've ever eaten. The guacamole was truly the best I've ever had. The quesadilla I had was excellent. I wasn't really hungry, but I ate the whole thing anyway. We found all the food to be authentic and delicious. We also found the staff to be very friendly and knowledgable. I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I have had been wanting to try this place for years, and finally did this past weekend. They did not disappoint. I made a reservation for 6 at 9:30 PM. Our table was ready before we arrived at 9. The hostess was very friendly. The server spoke Spanish and English well, and was very attentive and informative. I ordered the chicken enchiladas with rice, beans, and pico de gallo. They were fresh and delicious.

I tried a few different drinks, the least expensive of which being 9.99. The caipirinha, national drink of Brazil, was too sweet. But my Zocalo margarita was very good, and had just the right ratio of alcohol to mix. Overall, I enjoyed my experience. I will definitely be coming back.