“Delicious, fresh sushi”
Review of Douzo

Douzo
Reserve with OpenTable
Douzo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 3,227 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: between Columbus Ave & Southwest Corridor Park
Transit: Located a few feet away from Back Bay Station, home Amtrak, the commuter rail, and the Orange line.
“Delicious, fresh sushi”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I love coming to Douzo. Convenient location for meeting friends and they have a great atmosphere. The fish is always fresh and they are accommodating to special requests.

Visited October 2012

• Finnish first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Don't go if you are looking for authenticity”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I went there for lunch on Valentine's Day. Having lived in Japan for 4 years, my husband knows well what authentic Japanese food tastes. Having grown up in China, I can tell the difference between Japanese vs. Chinese cooks. We ordered bento boxes. We were not impressed. The food was edible. The salad is sloppy-looking without Japanese dressing. The service was fine. But this is a "Japanese restaurant" serving everyone but Japanese and people who look for authentic Japanese flavors. The formula of Douzo's "Modern Japanese" = memu copied from Japanese cookbooks written by American + Chinese cooks + Caucasian waiters/waitress. If you are looking for authentic Japanese food, please go to Porter Square Exchange Mall.

• Visited February 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Best sushi in town...”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

... And might I add the best sushi I've had outside of Tokyo (having been fortunate enough to visit there). I went at lunch time when it was very busy and ordered the Douzo platter - a mountain of fresh tuna, salmon, swordfish and octopus sashimi was accompanied by an un traditional but delicious tempura Californian roll and then a selection of sushi alongside including fish roe. All for $49. Would easily feed two but I cleared the lot. Definitely worth a visit.

Boston, Massachusetts
“great sushi ... classy setting”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

You will have to wait for a table but the sushi is as fresh as you will find and the atmosphere is young and hip. Even until very late at night you will find most tables full and buzzing with conversation. We were impressed by the portions and the efficiency of the wait staff, too.
Douzo is a great place to dine and it's close to the Copley Square and Copley Place. Easy location.

• Visited January 2013
Acton, MA
“Wonderful Sushi - Fun Vibe”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was my first visit to Douzo and I'm already looking forward to going back. The bar area is small and was very crowded but we had reservations and didn't have to wait thankfully. We were a party of six and were seated at a window banquette, which was nice because it got us away from the main area of smaller tables clustered together. While it does have a bit of that 'too cool for school' vibe, it is a casual and open atmosphere with simple, clean decor.
The Service: Was great. Given the crowded Saturday night dining room, our waiter was prompt and paced the food selections perfectly. We had one member of our party who had a food allergy and sent our waiter back to the kitchen at least 4 times and he never batted an eyelash (which is more than I can say for some of us at the table).
The Food: The option of Sushi and Special Rolls could easily accomodate any palate and comfort level. Standouts were the Lobster, Boston Roll and Snow Mountain Roll. Special cocktails were interesting and fun ranging from sweet to tangy. Lychee Martinis were a hit with us. Desserts were ok versions of your typical offerings, Creme Brulee, Chocolate Lava Cake, etc.
Overall I would definitely recommend; make a reservation and be prepared, minimum, to spend $80+ per person if you plan to have a couple of drinks, a few different selections and dessert.

• Visited January 2013