“They Know Their Steak!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 3,275 Restaurants in Boston
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Tremont
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I visited this restaurant as a part of a work trip, I believe we were close to 15 guests total. The service and the food were both excellent, our server in particular was very knowledgeable and extremely enthusiastic in talking about the dishes available.

I myself took the NY strip steak cooked to medium-rare, the temperature when it arrived was spot-on. I Highly recommend ordering your steak with the blue cheese crust, you wont be disappointed! Same goes for the mushroom side!

Only drawback was the cost, it was rather pricey, thankfully my company picked up the tab!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Room was darkish and more romantic than the usual RC. Our food was delicious and service was adequate but lacking charm. It was quiet which was the first time in a RC where we have found this. Nice view of fairy lights in one window and graves in the other! We would return.

1  Thank babybuny
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Had a meal here recently. Steaks were absolutely delicious. Good ambience and setting, but it did feel really dark. We had a table downstairs by the external wall and when the air con clicked it, it was really cold! Portions were a good size and the sides were tasty too. It does seem expensive.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

A steakhouse with a view of the cemetery! Sounds macabre, doesn't it?!!! When I asked the hostess if I could dine in their fine establishment without reservations, she fled because she saw gentlemen in vampire suits (Twilight types) by the door and wanted to seat them first. The waiter made Lurch seem warm and cuddly. The only person who saved the day was the friendly busboy who answered my questions about the cemetery next door. He said all the "former occupants" have been transferred to a different location.The steak was ok, but not to-die-for. All-in-all, a slightly ghastly experience!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great location in Old City Hall in Boston.

Food and wine was fantastic as usual.

Only negative were tables and chairs are too close together.