“Great Steak!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 3,245 Restaurants in Boston
Cross street: Tremont
Rhode Island
“Great Steak!”
Reviewed August 24, 2008

We ate here on Friday night,August 22. Our first time to Ruth's Chris. Our reservaton was for 8:45 and we were seated right away. I wanted to have a drink at the bar first,but we were right on time and I didn't even see the bar.....there must be a bar,right? Anyway,it didn't impact our meal in anyway! We were seated downstairs. It was a pretty room with exposed brick. Upstairs seemd a bit more formal,looked very nice as well.
Our waiter was professional,if stiff. He was trying too hard...everyword seemed scripted. He also did a good bit of "upselling"which really is overkill,in my opinion,in a restaurant this expensive already.
I had the petite filet. My fiance had the bone in rib eye. I started with the Ruths' Chris salad (looks like a tower) and my fiance had french onion soup. We shared a baked pot. and broccoli
au gratin. Everything was delicious!!! We couldn't find one thing wrong! The bread basket was totally boring and could have been bread anywhere,a small white loaf,but tasty!
Our bill was about $210-. Tax&tip. We had one martini,one rum and coke and one half bottle of chardonnay.

• Turkish first
Boston, MA
“Very good”
Reviewed July 30, 2008

These people definitely know beef, how to pick the best cuts and how to cook them. Always a consistent good meal at this place. Service was above average and the pricing reasonable for what we ate. We will return again.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great food. The atmosphere is nice, but it's a bit loud.”
Reviewed July 14, 2008

Great food. The atmosphere is nice, but it's a bit loud.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Zurich
“Carnivore Nirvana”
Reviewed July 12, 2008

The nice thing with Ruth's Chris restaurants is that they do what they say on the tin. Such predictability is great - top service and wonderful steaks.

Not a great venue for heart patients or Peta advocates, but we love it for those nights when you have a jones for the biggest hairiest steak in town.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I have a beef allergy, but my family made me go with them... I had the seared Tuna, which was good... but it's a...”
Reviewed June 17, 2008

I have a beef allergy, but my family made me go with them... I had the seared Tuna, which was good... but it's a steakhouse...
Their Banana Cream Pie dessert is the BEST!! So fresh, with bananas, carmelized sugar, a light banana flavour with a great bowl crust!! so Delicious!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook