“Why I go to Ruth's!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 3,328 Restaurants in Boston
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Tremont
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Boston Ruth's Chris demonstrated why I go to Ruth's, they were fantastic. This was my 14th Ruth's and it was made memorable by the great staff, great food and great patio. They even sent out a dessert with "14th" on it and took a picture for me. I wish I remembered everyone's name that stopped by to talk to me, the staff was amazing. I have been to 15 Ruth's and while most are very good, Boston is great!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This place is amazing. My wife and I chose the 3 course prix fixe dinner. We basically had the same thing except for dessert. Caesar Salad, 6oz Filet Mignon & Lobster Tail, then the dessert is usually just one thing under the prix fixe menu, but the manager came out and let us choose from the dessert menu since she felt we waited too long for our entrees. In my opinion, I don't think it was long at all for the quality of food we got, but I'll take the dessert upgrade anyway. The waitstaff was attentive and friendly, and the food was phenomenal. I've also eaten at Flemings (see my review). Flemings doesn't even come close to Ruth Chris' Steakhouse. I know a lot of steak snobs will say that Ruth Chris' is a franchise and you can get a better steak in a mom & pop steak house, but I honestly can't imagine a better steak than what I had. Will definitely be returning.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were staying at the Omni Parker House across the street. For our first night ever in Boston we decided to stay close to the hotel.

We entered into the restaurant and immediately you notice the historic building. They have done a very nice job of converting the Old City Hall into a beautiful restaurant.

Our meal was good, but you expect that from an upper end chain. All was going well and very enjoyable until my wife discovered a fly in her cocktail. We know these things do occur and they are certainly not intentional. Sadly she had lost her appetite at this point and was not able to finish her meal. There was no offer of a replacement cocktail either. The almost untouched meal was packed up.

To add insult when the bill came the cocktail was not removed from the bill.

Too bad this experience ended this way.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Being located in the old city hall is the perfect setting for this wonderful restaurant. The food was divine and very reasonably priced for what you were getting.
The main dining hall was full so we sat in the bar which offered full menu and service was amazing.
We have steak and lobster with the most delicious cheesecake desert I have ever had. Would recommend anyone to go here when you visit Boston!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

No star for the food: we ordered a burger and a bisque. The result was extremely poor and not edible! Black and burnt meat and overdone. The bisque was nearly a thick sauce ... And the table was extremely dirty. Staff at table was correct, but our impression was already below zero. A place to avoid in boston!