“Romantic, special-occasion dining spot”
Review of Sorellina

Sorellina
Reserve with OpenTable
Sorellina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 3,205 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Dartmouth
Description: Contemporary Italian-Mediterranean cuisine served in an upbeat and sophisticated environment by a staff intent on providing you with a truly memorable dining experience. Sorellina, the 'kid sister' of acclaimed Chef Jamie Mammano's Mistral provides an intense look at regional Italian food with a modern twist. Sorellina's wine list focuses on some hidden Italian gems paired with an international selection creating an effortless opportunity to explore the unknown. The warm-modern design intertwined with the glow of the back wall mural and the floor to ceiling windows are a visually stunning combination.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Romantic, special-occasion dining spot”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Based on the price (for us), Sorellina merits a special occasion. But the elegance, atmosphere, impeccable service, and above all, amazing food makes it well worth the occasional splurge. The last time we visited, upon the recommendation of our well-informed server, I had the grilled octopus with squid ink couscous, cherry tomatoes and finocchio. It was only the appetizer, but one of the best dishes I've ever had. My entree, the scallops with celery root, bacon and black mushrooms were also delicious, buttery and flavorful. I savored every bite. My husband was equally impressed with his app (the oysters), and his filet mignon, cooked perfectly and which cut like butter. We can't wait to return and look forward to visiting this Boston gem again and again.

• Visited January 2014

Boulder, Colorado
“Pretty Special”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I had a late dinner at Sorellina on the recommendation of a colleague. I thoroughly enjoyed the meal. For me, it was all about the food. The wine list is impressive with almost 40 wine-by-the-glass options. I started with Arugula which was simple and delicious. Secondi was Veal "saltimbocca" with prosciutto, mushrooms, and truffled whipped potato – which was out-of-this-world good! For dessert I had "Pera" almond olive oil cake, poached pear, balsamic swirl gelato and it was super.

Our service was informed and attentive but not too much – perfect.

The atmosphere is dark and elegant with a city club feel. More men wearing jackets than not. It was a little pretentious for me but the food was more than worth it.

Sorellina is a good choice if you have a special occasion and want to splurge a little.

A note for visitors from out-if-town. The restaurant is in Copely Square at "1" Huntington Avenue NOT "One" Huntington Ave. There is a distinction and the "One" address is many blocks away and definitely not the right address. So be careful when asking for directions from your phone or searching for an address.

• Visited January 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Another great dining experience”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This was another great dining experience at Sorelinna's. The service was attentive but never rushed, the atmosphere is quite relaxing and romantic and the food was excellent! You really can't asked for much more on a night out.

Visited December 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Bar Dining at Sorellina”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We decided bar dining was the way to go. It often is for me as I love being able to look around and feel a part of the atmosphere of both the bar and restaurant. Beautifully elegant and oh so chic, Sorellina welcomes its patrons through large double doors into a small vestibule area washed in light cream decor and white curtains. Their bar curves just slightly around the left side of the restaurant as you walk in, part of which is cordoned off by standing shades, while the other is open to the gorgeous clean looking restaurant. Luckily there were two seats closer to the restaurant, which my friend procured just in time for my arrival.

The menu is on the shorter side and rich with interesting choices and on the pricier side. This is absolutely a treat of a restaurant if you want to go for the full dining experience, which we were ready for.

Starting with a crisp glass of Sancerre we both made some decisions on our appetizers. I felt compelled to go with the Tuna. While Mistral stands out as truly THE best tuna tartare in the world – seriously, Sorellina’s is absolutely worth of a big shout out. A huge amount of chopped fresh tuna mixed through with mustard and resting on a surprising hot bite of chili vinegar, which worked wonderfully well with the tuna, especially on a salty chip.

My friend ordered the arugula salad. As simple as this salad is, she raved about the delicate truffle dressing and sharp cheese, which made this appetizer something more special.

For my main I decided on the special of Wild Boar Stuffed Tortellini. Lovely aldente tortellini filled with strong flavored salty fabulous boar in a heady rich marsala reduction. As much as I wanted to continue eating my dish, we had made the decision to swap meals half way through given that we both wanted the same thing but decided on something different so we could get some different tastes.

My friend picked the Scallops. Just perfect small, plump and juicy scallops topped with a the right amount of bacon to compliment the scallops. This dish is surprisingly rich so it was a great idea to swap dishes.

I can normally make a little room for something sweet, however, neither one of us could do it. Instead another glass of Sancerre was ordered and we spent the rest of our evening catching

One thing we did find a little odd was that no sooner had we ordered our appetizers they were at our table, literally a minute later. While I have absolutely no doubt at all the food is fresh and it was, it made me wonder how long these dishes had been hanging out waiting to be delivered to the first person that ordered them, rather than being made to order. Not a big deal given how amazing our dishes were, but something we did both comment on. That all said, Sorellina is a wonderful dining experience with friendly service, delicious food and an easy unrushed atmosphere. Dine at the bar with friends or in the restaurant for a romantic dinner for two or something special for the holiday season with family. I had a super time.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank LifeFoodWine
New York City, New York
“Amazing! Foodie Approved, Tastebud Tested”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

One of the best meals of our trip. The service was well done, attentive without being overbearing. The room is quiet enough where you can hear the people at your table. I started with the Tuna Tartar - delicious, my BF the Carpaccio which was cleverly plated. I had the meatballs, which we perfect, the small amount of pasta was tender and fresh. The Lava cake was a great dessert and the best is the chocolate truffles they give you at the end!

Visited December 2013