“Great meal, great service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sorellina

Sorellina
Reserve with OpenTable
Sorellina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 3,157 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Dartmouth
Description: Contemporary Italian-Mediterranean cuisine served in an upbeat and sophisticated environment by a staff intent on providing you with a truly memorable dining experience. Sorellina, the 'kid sister' of acclaimed Chef Jamie Mammano's Mistral provides an intense look at regional Italian food with a modern twist. Sorellina's wine list focuses on some hidden Italian gems paired with an international selection creating an effortless opportunity to explore the unknown. The warm-modern design intertwined with the glow of the back wall mural and the floor to ceiling windows are a visually stunning combination.
Boston, MA
“Great meal, great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was here with colleagues from abroad. Although this wasn't exactly a working dinner, the space was perfect for a relaxed meal with colleagues. The menu was interesting without being pretentious; food was excellent and nicely presented. I truly appreciate restaurants where you can have a conversation without shouting over music or ambient noise. Service was excellent—the staff is extremely professional. They timed the meal perfectly, served and cleared without interrupting the conversation (a not insignificant skill). Sorellina's location is very convenient for anyone staying in the Copley area.

• Visited August 2013

Cape Cod
“Delicious Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

My daughter chose Sorellina after reading all the great reviews on Trip Advisor, so we were very excited to go. We had a great table, and as soon as we sat down, the service began! This is an upscale restaurant, very chic, with great atmosphere and service. We shared a few appetizers, and our dinners were delicious. The presentation of the food was amazing. Our waiter suggested a few of the drink specials, and he was spot on...they were delicious too! I can't think of one negative thing to say about this restaurant!

To sum it up, we had a great meal at a great restaurant!

• Visited August 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious food and gorgeous restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Delicious food and gorgeous restaurant. For a special night out, this place is a must. The truffle fries are to die for!

Visited October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Visited Sorellina for the first time last night and was very impressed. This upscale restaurant has a great vibe, beautiful decor and while it's certainly romantic, it also has a hint of Miami. I loved that they had music playing during dinner as well. Our server could not have been nicer or more attentive. I probably had one of my top ten meals here. We started with the tuna appetizer followed by the gnocchi and lobster which was surprisingly light and so flavorful. The highlight of our meal was the scallops which were cooked to perfection and literally melted in my mouth. The courses were perfectly timed. We didn't have dessert but did receive 2 chocolates with our bill that were perfect. I can't wait to come back here and would definitely recommend this restaurant for a special occasion.

Visited July 2013
Corralitos, California
“Buttery heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was the best meal in 2 weeks in Boston. I agree w/ another review that this isn't an "Italian restaurant," maybe "Italian inspired" is more accurate... maybe a little pretentious, but rather I'd say upscale and thoughtfully designed... and have to add "delicious" too. I started w/ oysters, lovely crisp flavor, intriguing use of a lemon ice. My wife had beet "salad" which was an arrangement of gorgeous beets w/ a few other bits.

Next she had the wagyu meatballs based on comments from many other reviewers - totally fabulous. Hand made pasta, intense jus reduction, and meaty rich meatballs.

I had the gnocchi w lobster, and I am tempted to fly back to Boston to have it again. May be the best gnocchi I've ever eaten, light, tender, flavorful... and the lobster drenched in butter... wow. Ok, unless you've got a frequent-flyer card w/ the cardiologist, probably better save this for special occasions...

The tastes lingering from our pasta was so pleasing, we decided no dessert. Great meal. All in, price was around $60 pp + wine.

• Visited June 2013