“Excellent Restaurant”
Review of Sorellina

Sorellina
Reserve with OpenTable
Sorellina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 3,263 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Dartmouth
Description: Contemporary Italian-Mediterranean cuisine served in an upbeat and sophisticated environment by a staff intent on providing you with a truly memorable dining experience. Sorellina, the 'kid sister' of acclaimed Chef Jamie Mammano's Mistral provides an intense look at regional Italian food with a modern twist. Sorellina's wine list focuses on some hidden Italian gems paired with an international selection creating an effortless opportunity to explore the unknown. The warm-modern design intertwined with the glow of the back wall mural and the floor to ceiling windows are a visually stunning combination.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is by far the best restaurant that I have been to in a long time! The restaurant itself is very chic, a calm, relaxing atmosphere. We started off with a traditional caesar salad which was excellent. Next I had the Garganelli, penne with lamb rack ragu - I asked for an appetizer portion, it was huge, but it was absolutely delicious and I would have finished the whole thing had it not been for the fact that I was going to be eating a meat dish after. My husband had the Maccheroncelli, Wagyu meatballs and they were also delicious. As a main course I had the veal Saltimbocca, it was cooked expertly, but I found it a bit bland, my husband had the veal Milanese which was fantastic. The desserts were also very good. Despite the fact that our server was quite aloof and seemed disinterested, service overall was impeccable. This was a great restaurant and I would highly recommend it to anyone visting Boston.

There are newer reviews for Sorellina

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had a fabulous meal here with my boss. I had Filet Mignon and it literally melted in my mouth. My boss had the meatballs which I'm assured were equally amazing. It wasn't particularly cheap but neither was it over-priced. Staff were very friendly and attentive and the restaurant itself felt quite opulent but unpretentious. I watched the movie 'Ted' when I returned to the UK and it turns out they filmed a scene in the restaurant!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We made reservations for this pricey establishment knowing that it got great reviews. After a cheerful waiter took our 3 course order and brought drinks, the food came in rapid succession without a breather between courses. The staff looked like they were practically running from table to table. Food was good (not great) as were the drinks and wine. When we expressed an interest in the after dinner drink menu and coffee, our waiter was a bit taken aback! Nevertheless, we paid our bill and left after just an hour! Not your traditional, relaxing Italian meal. If the purpose of restaurant week is to introduce new diners so that they return, it didn't work for us! Although,I am sure it deserves it's rating, don't go during restaurant week.

4  Thank gelato06
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was one of the best meals I have had in Boston. I had halibut that was cooked perfectly and tasted fresh. The eggplant rolatini was a burst of complex favors and textures that were fantastic. Wear at least slacks and a nice sweater and no sneakers. The tables are not as cramped as other Boston locations and give you a sense of privacy.

1  Thank W_Will
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I went to Sorellina to celebrate our anniversary this past January. It was our first visit to Sorellina, but it will definitely not be our last.

The restaurant is located near Copley square on Huntington near the ramp to the Mass Pike. Its not the most scenic spot in the city from the outside, but once we went inside, the ambience and decor really set a great tone; modern, urban, stylish and sophisticated.

We were greeted warmly by the hostess when we arrived. The restaurant was busy, there was a great buzz and a lot of energy; the diners seemed to be a relatively young crowd (I'd estimate the average age at 28 - we are in our 50's). There was a short wait for our table, so we got a drink and since the bar was crowded, we waited at the front of the restaurant. The hostess kept great tabs on us and let us know that our table was being set-up, and soon enough we were soon seated at a nice table.

Our server was excellent, very knowledgable about wine pairing, and attentive to us. I wish I could remember the all the details of what we ordered, but it was a few months ago; I do remember that we ordered mostly from the specials of the day, and every course was really delicious - even the bread they served was fresh and tasty. I believe I had a spicy octopus salad and we had some truffle fries - wow! I had to restrain myself from eating too fast because each bite was a real pleasure and I couldn't wait to have the next.

Even though the restaurant was busy, it was a really fun and romantic dinner; something about the decor and the energy made us feel both connected to "the scene" and alone at the same time. I would like to go again when it is a little less busy; I imagine it would be a very intimate experience.

We felt that the price, though not cheap, was reasonable in comparison with other good restaurants in the city. We were given great service and creative, delicious food in an stylish atmosphere - and we have paid a lot more for much less elsewhere. If you are looking for a vibrant and sophisticated atmosphere with delicious food and fine service you should consider Sorellina. I am very much looking forward to a return visit.

1  Thank CD_Boston_Traveler