The Westin Boston Waterfront
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
YOTEL Boston(Boston)
2,838 results
All reviewsconvention centercomedy clubsilver lineirish pubheavenly bedcity barboston waterfrontattending a conferencesouth stationthe world trade centerclose to the airportcab ridelarge hotellogan airportrestaurants and barsconcierge deskpublic transportation
Reviewed January 5, 2011

The intent of my trip was to spend time with my nephew after his father/my brother passed away last December. We intended to ring in the New Year and Celebrate my birthday.

Pulling up to the Hotel in the taxi, The Westin Boston Waterfront is first class in a quiet part of town where one would feel very safe walking alone at night - trust me, I did and quite a lot. Arthur Lamele had checked me in, very friendly. he noticed from my driver license my birthday was coming and wished me a Happy Birthday.

The room, bay view, 15th floor - exquisite with lavish furnishings, spacious and the huge King bed - one could melt into it for days. The bathroom is quite large and the heavenly shower - very nice touch although I chose to use only one of the dual shower heads.

The following night I spent in and out of Boston Commons, Downtown, Fanueil Hall and North End. On my return I found a Cheese Platter, a Bottle of Wine, Crackers and a Birthday card from Arthur himself and thanking me for choosing the Westin to stay! That was aside from ringing in New Year perhaps the 2nd best part of the trip!!! Very classy and nice touch.

Transportation to and From Logan Airport to the The Westin Boston Waterfront is simple via the Silver line to World Trade Center and walking across a bridge and Summer street straight to the main entrance of the hotel. Vs. a $21 taxi ride the $9/fare for a 24 hour pass on the "T" allows you to take the Silver/Blue/Red/Orange/Green lines - well worth it.

Dining - MJ O'Connor's serves fabulous food, spirits and deserts. The Haddock Tacos are really good and the Choco-Moulten cake - awesome, just watch your shirt sleeves, it's messy.

City Bar - fabulous place to meet clients and friends/family after hours to wind down for a drink or meet new people. Lindsay is the finest bartender I've ever met, polite and very intelligent & makes a mean Appletini with Chopan Vodka!

The Westin Workout - Not only am I a Global Sales Manager for an Electronics firm, I'm also a fitness instructor after hours and the westin workout room was a very nice complement to the hotel. State of the art LifeFitness Equipment with Virtual trainers along with a pool and jacuzzi worked well with my needs and open late hours. It would be a complement if Westin offered a hot sauna, however, I was very happy with what they had. Most motels or Hotels don't come near close or take such good care of their equipment.

All said, I'd stay at Westin Boston Waterfront again as for the value your dollar and for the peace and quiet it's well woth every dollar. The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to make certain you're comfortable and happy during your stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
ExecutiveAssistant32, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2011

Thank you for the fabulous review you provided. We take pride in providing the highest level of quality customer service to all of our guests and your comments proved that we have a top notch team here at The Westin Boston Waterfront. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to our great city!

Reviewed December 29, 2010

With less than 6 weeks to my wedding, and no venue in site, Katie Butler and her staff, met us with delight! And by delight, I mean a Tuxedo clad Butler, offering us a Champagne Toast from a silver-plated platter. Totally blew me away, a lovely, knowledgeable woman, who sat us (my parents & I), for a private breakfast in a slate adorned lobby. And no sooner did we sit, was all her attention on me, "What kind of wedding are you looking to have?" I was shocked at her attention to detail, truly discovering what I wanted out of my "Big Day". Questions I wasn't expecting to answer, and of course all the one's you do!
All I really want to say, is this, Katie Butler and her Staff we're there for my family & I on this most special day unlike I ever expected people to be. She went above the "call of duty".

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
ExecutiveAssistant32, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2011

Thank you for the wonderful comments you provided and for giving a shout out to Katie Butler, our Catering Sales Manager. Katie is a true professional and has proven to be a very valuable member of our team. We hope you choose The Westin Boston Waterfront for your big day. It would be our pleasure to be your host.

Reviewed December 26, 2010

The room was great, very clean - no issues. Great location, tons of things nearby. Caitlyn W. was fantastic, super helpful and kind. I travel a lot and the value, location and customer service was a superb combination here.

• Stayed: December 2010

Thank you for the wonderful review and the kind comments you had for Caitlyn. We pride ourselves on providing unparralelled customer service and we are proud to have Caitlyn on our great team. We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Reviewed December 21, 2010

This is a relatively new hotel. Very spacious lobby and attached to convention center. Breakfast is good but overpriced like in most hotels, however there is a Starbucks in the hotel, make sure you try the lemon glaced pound cake. Restaurant is nothing special but prices are ok. Do NOT have packages delivered to the business center, they charge an outrageous fee for that. Rooms are spacious, good beds and good TV. Location is really not within walking distance (15 mins) from anything. Too far from city center or subway. Ok for business only but if you are here for leisure, pick a hotel closer to the subway or city,

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2010

Arrived in beatuiful autumnal weather for a 3 night stay, close to and cheap and easy to get to from Logan Airport and was walking distance to historic sites. Breakfast expensive in hotel, usual for a Westin, so only ate there one day and found a lovely art cafe 5 mins away on walk to downtown but it wasn't open at weekends! Irsih Pub on premises OK for food. A good 20 mins walk to Little Italy for great restaurants! Couldn't decide between this and the downtowm Westin but glad we chose this one. On quiet South Waterfront where there is going to be further developments once the economy picks up and right next door to the huge convention centre but none on when we were there so very quiet. Staff generally good, did have a wait on check out as only 2 desks open and no priority for SPG guests, in fact when we went up to the SPG desk we were told very rudely by another guest to get back in line, and the staff ignored it. On the whole just what we wanted, a comfortable room and bed for 3 nights.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple