“Good hotel for if attending a convention” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Westin Boston Waterfront
Ranked #37 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Walnut Creek, CA
“Good hotel for if attending a convention”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

I would only recommend this hotel if you are attending a conversion. The convention center is attached to the hotel which is very convenient. Otherwise, as pointed out by others it is a bit isolated. The staff is extremely nice and hotel is very clean. My wife and I enjoyed a short walk to the waterfront and some excellent restaurants. The only complaint I have was the amount of noise our door made. Even in the closed / locked position it would rock and rattle every time someone opened and closed an adjoining door. I checked out a few other rooms my friends were staying at on different floors and it was the same problem. I would not stay here if you plan on sleeping in, it gets loud fast. Other than that it was a great hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2010

The hotel is not on the water!!! It is a 15 minute walk to the water. It is not in the center of anything!!! The location was so bad that it over shadowed the vacation. To get into Boston and get the train or metro was a 30 minute walk, to get into town and see any sites that you may want to see is 45 minute to an hour. Most of the trolleys don’t go out that far, there is nothing close. When I called the starwood costumer service number I was told that they could see why I had thought that it was “waterfront” since the site for the hotel showed water out the windows of the rooms, but that that was just the name and it was in the waterfront area.

I was so disappointed that I don’t know if I will use Westin at all anymore. I am a gold member at starwood (this got me a free bottle of water in my room). They where deceptive in their ads and I was and am very unhappy with the way it was handled.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ExecutiveAssistant32, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, August 18, 2010
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. While we were disappointed to read your comments, we do appreciate the feedback.

Although our location is in the waterfront area of the up and coming Seaport District and not directly on the water, our guest rooms have fabulous views of the city and Boston Harbor and we are just a 10 minute walk from the South Station T stop which can take you to just about anywhere in the city you'd like to visit.

We hope you will consider staying with us on your next trip to Boston.
Ringgold, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

Everyone was so helpful and courteous. Our stay was absolutely delightful and far exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank judiesmile
ExecutiveAssistant32, Executive Assistant to David Connor, General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, August 17, 2010
Thank you for the wonderful review you posted. We appreciate your comments and look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Boston.
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the Westin and had an enjoyable stay. Our flight arrived early morning and check in wasn't until 3:00 that afternoon. We proceeded to the hotel upon arrival to have the concierge store our luggage while we began our tour of the city, but to our wonderful surprise, they had our room ready and we were allowed to check in and freshen up in our room! The room was very spacious and looked neat and crisp with the beautiful white comforter. The bed was comfortable and the rooms were quiet. It's just a quick walk from the Silver Line T station. The area is very quiet with little traffic.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HelloSunshine85
ExecutiveAssistant32, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
We were delighted to read your review of our property and look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Boston.
Horsham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

As this was my first time in America, my husband wanted to make sure that we had a great hotel and it was!
We have paid the similiar prices for rooms in the UK and have not always had such clean and lovely rooms. Although our break was for leisure, the hotel always had a nice vibe of people coming in and having meetings etc.
The concierges were brilliant, especially Andy, couldn't do enough for you!
I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel and would stay here again. The only dislike, is that they advertised some things in their brochure that they didn't have such as travel wash. Also the room service charges are expensive and you can eat much cheaper in the town than in the hotel bars.
All in all, thank you for a lovely holiday!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sianib
Thank you for the wonderful comments you provided about our staff, especially about our Concierge, Andy Chen. He receives rave reviews on a regular basis and we are lluck to have him on our team.

We are also very happy that your first trip to the United States was a memorable one.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

Stayed at your hotel for a meeting and attended several company sponsored events.
Staff was excellent, building was very nice, clean and not intimidating.
I got to was particularly impressed of the level of service I and the other guests received from Tom Carter durring one very crowded event. My goodness, it was like watching a machine work at high speed. I attend many of these events throughout the course of the year and I have yet to see many that would even come close. Can this guy work his way through the crowd, or what? A true asset to your staff.

D. Weidner
Allentown, PA

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank dweid
Thank you for providing such fabulous feedback concerning your recent stay and for recognizing Tom Carter of our Banquet Department. Tom truly is an asset and we appreciate all of his hard work. We look forward to hosting you in the future.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

Fantastic hotel. We stayed for one night and got a great deal on expedia. Should be a 5 star.

• Stayed July 2010