“Smooth. Shaken. A Westin to Thrill.”

The Westin Boston Waterfront
Ranked #39 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Amid the hustle and bustle of Boston lives this sleek and charming hotel, befit for a King or Queen who digs the 'Sox.

The entryway beckons your presence, with a heart-warming bar to the right, swimming in Bond-like hues of black and white.

The room was that of a Westin - open, grand, with an accepting bed - yet firm to the touch.

Room service was fair. An ask for a champagne bottle and cheese-plate resulted in a bottle of Rose and cheese that, dare I say, could be bought at a nearby grocery.

All-in-all, if looking for a place to rest that head that is classy -- or a place to wine and dine M as you walk through the plans to overthrow the next GoldFinger, this spot is your pick.

Try the dirty martini. Shaken.

Room Tip: The usual - escape the elevator and try to snuggle into a city-view room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your stay with us. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed our hotel and have to agree about the grand entryway. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I read some reviews and agree with many of the comments. Great hotel for those at a convention, center is right next door. Otherwise, this is off the beaten path. Very noisy, overcrowded lobby. Which is fine if staff paid some attention to you. As a Starwood owner and very Westin brand loyal, I expected better hospitality. Service was poor and most of the staff just seemed to have better things to do than to be bothered with you. And that was just to check in and out! They just didn't have the brand touch I have come to both expect and receive. Go elsewhere. If Westin, try Copley - at least you will be close to shopping.

Stayed: July 2014
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at The Westin Boston Waterfront. I am disappointed to hear read your comments...we pride ourselves on the service we provide to guests, and I apologize you didn't experience the warmth our associates are known to deliver. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with your further and can be reached at michael.jorgensen@westin.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

This is a nice, clean, safe hotel and if you are having an event at the BCES (convention center) you will be pleased , but it is out of the way for everything else. Pros: it is clean, with small, modern rooms, and is attached to BCES. It has friendly, competant staff. Best of all, it is dog friendly. Cons: it is expensive, it is in the middle of nowhere (blocks to any restaurants or stores), the free wifi is spotty at best, it has expensive restaurants and it's parking is "wicked expensive".

I would stay here again if attending a conference but not if just visiting Boston.

• Stayed: July 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay with us at The Westin Boston Waterfront. I greatly appreciate your mentioning our staff, we think we have some of the best in Boston and your comments just serve to validate that for us.

Our location in the Seaport district offers a variety of restaurants and attractions within a short walk, so I was surprised to hear you walked blocks to find restaurants. The area continues to develop rapidly and while we may not have as many options as some neighborhoods, I do think we'll soon rival other parts of the City.

Once again, I thank you for your review of The Westin Boston Waterfront, and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you should your future travels take you back to Boston.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

This is a lovely hotel with nice views from upper floor rooms, lively lobbya nd a starbucks to grab a quick breakfast before convention. Concierge arrnaged a rental one day for me and was very accomodating. Beds wonderfully comfy. Resturants nearby to walk to. Easy to get to the North End and Boston Tea party ship, fanueil hall . Westin is not cheap-but your starwood points will rack up if you stay here

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank drmader

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at The Westin Boston Waterfront. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay, and had the opportunity to experience some of the great attractions our neighborhood and city has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you again should your travels take you back to the Boston area.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I arrived here late at night after a very trying journey. Hotel is located slightly off the beaten track if you want to be downtown but right next door to the convention centre. The reason for my title is that the hotel just lacks any real warmth or style. Sure the rooms are ok and are brand new. Yes things are clean but I guess as I get older I try and search out differant experiences. There was one tired print in my room (I cant even remember what it was of). The coffee machine brewed a cup of coffee that tasted like dish water (Nespresso anyone?). The furniture was bland and the heavenly bed seems to always make me sweat? (Could it be that the duvet is not all down).
I should not complain so much but I am looking at my bill as I write this and for $309 I am really starting to expect just a bit more soul.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to read about your experience, as we strive to personally connect with all of our guests. We believe it isn't just the cleanliness of a room or the amenities offered, but also the welcoming nature of our staff that makes The Westin Boston Waterfront one of the great hotels in Boston. I'd welcome the opportunity to speak with you further about your experience and can be reached at michael.jorgensen@westin.com.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

It is all about location here. I took an Uber Black Car in and 3 doorman chatting away stared at me as I got out and went to check in. Not even a "hello".

Check in was just fine, and the view was ok. The room was comfortable but WiFi is extortion and unless you are a Starwoods Platinum expect to pay, even for an 800 call.

The rooms are a bit beat up, but you would expect that for a convention center hotel. Bottom line, if you are going to a convention - great - staff is very attentive (the exception being the guys out front who were rude in and out for me), otherwise, pass - you have better, and less expensive service oriented choices.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your stay at The Westin Boston Waterfront. I was surprised to read your comments about your arrival and would like to offer my apologies. That is certainly not the experience we want any of our guests to have, and this is something I'll address personally with our Director of Front Office.

You mentioned our WiFi pricing...we do a competitive pricing review every six months and we are not the least expensive and not the most expensive, really right about in the middle. It is in line with our competitive hotels in the area. We do offer complimentary wireless in our lobby, and offer guests many comfortable seating areas within that space.

Thank you again, for taking the time to share your comments with us, it is through this feedback that we can only improve our service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Westin Boston Waterfront should your travels bring you back to the Boston area.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed for two nights. Very big hotel with lots of activity. Staff were everywhere to help. They were all very professional. Rooms were nice size. Bed was cozy and comfortable. Even pillows were great. Full size. No square little flat things. It's not actually waterfront, but so many places were walkable. The trolley stopped right outfront which made it convenient to get to other places. Restaurant was a bit pricey, but there was also an irish pub on the premises along with a Starbucks. Right next door to the Convention Center. Would definitely recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review of The Westin Boston Waterfront following your recent stay. Your comments about the staff and service are greatly appreciated, and I'm delighted to hear you were able to enjoy our onsite restaurants as well as the local area.

Thank you again for choosing The Westin Boston Waterfront and we look forward to welcoming you back should your travels take you back to the Boston area.