“Large hotel near the harbour, with outdoor cover for smokers.”

The Westin Boston Waterfront
Ranked #40 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Large hotel near the harbour, with outdoor cover for smokers.”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

This large hotel is next to the Convention Centre, close to the harbour and only 15min away from Logan Airport. However it is some distance from Downtown Boston and Cambridge and there were few facilities nearby, such as shops and restaurants. Fortunately, the hotel has several places to eat on-site, providing mainly American-style dishes. There is a good range of beers and wines available.
The staff are cheerful and helpful.
Rooms are large and the air handling is quiet. Double glazing keeps most of the outside noise out. The bathroom was quite spacious, with a rain shower over the bath (and a secondray mobile nozzle). There is a coffee-maker, with good coffee, and a fridge which was so noisy I had to turn it off when I went to bed. The bed was very comfortable.
As usual in Boston, smoking rooms are not available and smokers are forced outside, where there is at least some cover, but no seats.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Thank you very much for your review of the Westin Boston Waterfront following your recent stay here. I am delighted that you had an opportunity to stay with us and found your time here enjoyable.

The in-room refrigerators are fairly new and we have noticed that some are louder than others...we will make sure our guest room engineers are looking at them as we go through our rooms to inspect for defects.

I also want to thank you for pointing out all that we offer within the hotel, but I think it bears noting that this area continues to develop quite rapidly, and will soon rival some of the other lively neighborhoods in Boston.

Once again thank you for your comments, and I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Boston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 23, 2014

It took me a while to write the review, but they deserve a very good one. I was there in mid September 2013 with my girlfriend and another couple to go see the Red Sox - Yankees series and I was extremely pleased with that hotel. Rooms are very clean, cleanliness is my pet peeve when I go to hotels and I checked my room from top to bottom and was gladly surprised not to find anything bad to say about it. Prices were good, especially since it was a big Red Sox weekend and the staff was very courteous and polite. Great beds, very clean and comfortable, slept great. Room service was great, food was hot and delicious. Plus its just a 5 minute walk to some great restaurants on the waterfront. Recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marc L
Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel. I’m delighted that you took the time to share your experience, so many months after your visit. We strive to create memorable experiences for all of our guests, and I’m so happy to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

We also pride ourselves on great customer service and a commitment to cleanliness, and your comments serve to prove what a great team we have in place here at The Westin Boston Waterfront.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back should your travels take you back to Boston.
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I stayed here in April of 2014 a few days before the Boston Marathon traffic rolled in. The hotel is right next to the conference center and not far from the North End or Quincy Market. In fact, just a five minute cab ride! You could walk if you chose to, although it was too cold the two days I was there. We had a very easy check-in and check out. We also requested an early check in and they were extremely accommodating. The room was in excellent condition, fresh furnishings, super comfortable beds, and very clean. The toiletries provided were an added bonus. The lobby was a great place to grab a bite, have a drink, or just people watch. They have a few restaurants attached so you can really find anything you could want to eat if you chose not to leave the hotel. I even spotted a comedy club downstairs. There is a Starbucks located in the lobby and a small store. The concierge was very helpful when I was looking for a dinner recommendation (which I will also write a review for). I didn't find any hidden costs, although you do need to pay additional if you would like wireless internet. Overall this hotel is excellent in location, price, cleanliness, comfort, and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your fabulous review of the Westin Boston Waterfront following your recent visit to Boston. I also want to thank you for pointing out all that we offer both as a City, and within the hotel, we truly do strive to make it home away from home for our guests and are glad you were able to enjoy many of the amenities we offer, as well as take in some of great attractions.

Once again thank you for your positive comments about your visit to the Westin Boston Waterfront. We look forward to welcoming you back should your travel plans take you back to the Boston area.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 20, 2014

The Hotel is comfortable and conveniently located next to the conference center. However, we called beforehand to see if we could receive packages at the hotel and wether there was any costs for doing so (we often order items on the web in the USA and get them shipped to our hotel). We were assured that it was free to receive packages. When we picked up the packages there was significant fees charged for each one. When we informed the staff of this inconsistency, they were unreceptive and unapologetic. The problem is not the fee (we have been to many hotels who charge a fee for packages) but the misinformation and lack of concern that we were lied to on the phone. I rated the hotel low for cleanliness as our doona cover was stained when we arrived.

2 Thank yboucher
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Westin Boston Waterfront. I am glad that you had a comfortable stay with us, although I was disappointed to learn of your experience regarding package handling fees. Associates are well-versed in the costs associated with this service, so this is surprising to hear…I will be sure to mention to have our Director of Front Office review this with staff, and will follow up with the manager in the business center as well, in an effort prevent this from happening in the future.

Once again thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback, as it affords us the opportunity to get better moving forward.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Great business hotel with excellent rooms, facilities and lobby. The room was spacious and comfortable. The gym is large and the pool is adequate. Lobby bar was busy on a Friday night. Taxis always ready and the valet service was fast.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you very much for your review of the Westin Boston Waterfront following your recent visit to Boston. I also want to thank you for pointing out all that we offer within the hotel, we truly do strive to make it home away from home for our guests and are glad you were able to enjoy many of the amenities we have available.

Once again thank you for your comments, and I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us on your next trip to Boston.
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I just checked into The Westin Boston Waterfront. So far I am thoroughly impressed with the layout of the hotel and the overall inviting nature of the staff. I have to say straight away that the crown jewel of my experience as early as it is has been my interaction with Guest Service Agent Ana Borjas. I am here for the American Society of Microbiology meeting and there was a mix up with our conventions department and my arrival date. I have just arrived after all day traveling from Barcelona Spain and rather tired. However, my challenge was met by Ana with a smile and welcoming attitude. She was able to secure me a room for the extra day and all the while was very helpful in the process. Given that the mix up was likely my fault when communicating my dates of arrival with our convention team, I am ever so grateful for Ana's assistance. She exemplifies what true customer service really should be. I look forward to the remainder of my stay here in Boston at this hotel.

Thank you Westin for hiring such great people. This is why I love staying at Starwood properties.

Todd
Fishers, Indiana

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Boston Waterfront. I am delighted that you and your colleagues had the opportunity to stay with us.

Your comments about the staff are greatly appreciated. We are very proud of all the staff here and we believe that the service that they provide is the true differentiator between us and our competition and your comments just serve to validate that for us. Ana is a fantastic member of our team and I'll be sure to personally share your comments with her.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back should your plans take you back to the Boston area.
Inchture, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Really nice hotel and location ideal for us - pre cruise. All staff we dealt with very helpful. Room perfect and bed very comfy. Went for run with hotels run concierge and very friendly and informative on location.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Westin Boston Waterfront. I am very happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and very glad you had the opportunity to run with our running concierge and found it enjoyable.