“Great hotel, good lobby vibe, not over priced”

The Westin Boston Waterfront
Ranked #39 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, good lobby vibe, not over priced”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Great business hotel with excellent rooms, facilities and lobby. The room was spacious and comfortable. The gym is large and the pool is adequate. Lobby bar was busy on a Friday night. Taxis always ready and the valet service was fast.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you very much for your review of the Westin Boston Waterfront following your recent visit to Boston. I also want to thank you for pointing out all that we offer within the hotel, we truly do strive to make it home away from home for our guests and are glad you were able to enjoy many of the amenities we have available.

Once again thank you for your comments, and I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us on your next trip to Boston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I just checked into The Westin Boston Waterfront. So far I am thoroughly impressed with the layout of the hotel and the overall inviting nature of the staff. I have to say straight away that the crown jewel of my experience as early as it is has been my interaction with Guest Service Agent Ana Borjas. I am here for the American Society of Microbiology meeting and there was a mix up with our conventions department and my arrival date. I have just arrived after all day traveling from Barcelona Spain and rather tired. However, my challenge was met by Ana with a smile and welcoming attitude. She was able to secure me a room for the extra day and all the while was very helpful in the process. Given that the mix up was likely my fault when communicating my dates of arrival with our convention team, I am ever so grateful for Ana's assistance. She exemplifies what true customer service really should be. I look forward to the remainder of my stay here in Boston at this hotel.

Thank you Westin for hiring such great people. This is why I love staying at Starwood properties.

Todd
Fishers, Indiana

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Boston Waterfront. I am delighted that you and your colleagues had the opportunity to stay with us.

Your comments about the staff are greatly appreciated. We are very proud of all the staff here and we believe that the service that they provide is the true differentiator between us and our competition and your comments just serve to validate that for us. Ana is a fantastic member of our team and I'll be sure to personally share your comments with her.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back should your plans take you back to the Boston area.
Inchture, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Really nice hotel and location ideal for us - pre cruise. All staff we dealt with very helpful. Room perfect and bed very comfy. Went for run with hotels run concierge and very friendly and informative on location.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Westin Boston Waterfront. I am very happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and very glad you had the opportunity to run with our running concierge and found it enjoyable.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back should your travels take you back to Boston
Dallas
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Close to airport and convention center. Used the catwalk to get to meeting at conference. We never had a problem getting around from this location. Only thing I didn't like was that I was told I got no points on my Starwood preferred since the room was on a conference rate. I hope that not true because that sucks. It's a convention hotel everyone that stays there is probably on a conference rate.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of The Westin Boston Waterfront following your recent stay here. We certainly are in a very convenient location, with close proximity to the airport, convention center and many attractions.

I'm surprised to hear you were told you didn't receive SPG points for your stay, as guests who are staying on a conference rate are eligible. The only non-qualifying stays are those that are booked through online travel agents and our Starhot/Starfriend rates. I apologize for the confusion and I'll personally speak with our Director of Front Office to ensure our front desk associates are refreshed on SPG points eligibility.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back should your travels take you to the Boston area.
chicago, il
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in a great location. This is really a cool, newly developed neighborhood in Boston and definitely worth checking out. The hotel is relatively new and everything is very nicely done. Rooms are big and updated. Eating and drinking choices are good, although Sauciety is pretty mediocre given the price points. Service is good but there is little recognition of SPG status compared to some of the other hotels in the same city. Also, didn't even get housekeeping service the first night and there was no water in the room when I arrived. Very easy to get here form the airport and definitely good for business or family visits. Check out Row 34 down the road on Congress for seafood, as good as it gets, especially the Oysters.

Room Tip: High floor city view is really great.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you so much for your positive review of the Westin Boston Waterfront. I agree that we are in a great location, and am delighted to hear you had the opportunity to enjoy the local neighborhood, which, as you say, is definitely worth checking out.

I’m disappointed to hear you didn't feel the recognition of our SPG members was on par, and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further about your thoughts. We appreciate honest feedback from guests as that is what allows us to provide top-notch service. I can be reached at michael.jorgensen@westin.com.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Boston.
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed May 13, 2014

If you're flying into Boston for an event at this hotel (or at the convention center across the street) then the location could hardly be better. Take a Silver Line bus to the first stop after leaving the airport, and you're an easy 5-minute walk from your destination. I found the hotel to be new and comfortable, and a good place for business; even the lobby has some desk-line areas instead of the usual uncomfortable chairs designed to discourage sitting around. WiFi in my room was included in the conference rate.

The hotel's name is a stretch. however, as to get to the waterfront you need to walk back to the Silver Line stop and then an equal distance in the other direction. And then you'll only be at the South Boston waterfront. It's about a 25-minute walk from the hotel down Summer Street to the Boston Common, or to the New England Aquarium in the area that "Boston Waterfront" more readily brings to mind. It's not all that much of an inconvenience, and you can always get back on the Silver Line which connects to all of Boston's rapid transit. Still this is not the first hotel you would think of for sightseeing, unless you can get a good deal on a week when the convention business is slow.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Bob4er
Thank you very much for your review of the Westin Boston Waterfront following your recent stay here. I am delighted that you had an opportunity to stay with us. I truly appreciate your comments about our wonderful lobby space, designed for guests to refresh over a cocktail or work for a brief period of time between meetings.

Our location is very close to the HarborWalk, which is a wonderful way to enjoy Boston Harbor and all that the neighborhood has to offer. You are correct in that it is a short distance to Boston Common, but as you mentioned, the Silver Line is a great option for rapid transit across the entire city.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back should your future travels take you to the Boston area.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My company recently exhibited at BCEC (Boston Convention/Exhibition Center). We had need of meeting space and reception space near the exhibition and this was a PERFECT location. The event planning staff (Veronica Early) was fantastic to work with - as was the onsite banquet and AV staff. Only thing I recommend is to bring your own meeting room signage and place on an easel outside of your meeting location (as there are many meeting rooms on multiple levels and different sides of the lobby - and it can be a bit confusing to find your exact meeting location once onsite).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you so much for your positive review of the Westin Boston Waterfront and for recognizing our hardworking staff...we pride ourselves on providing the highest level of customer service to our guests and your comments serve to prove what a great team we have in place here. Veronica is no exception, and I’ll be sure to personally share your comments with her.

Once again thank you for your positive comments about your visit to the Westin Boston Waterfront. We look forward to welcoming you back should your travel plans take you back to the Boston Area.