“Short but pleasant visit” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Westin Boston Waterfront
Ranked #36 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rhode Island
“Short but pleasant visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed here for one night while in Boston for a graduation dinner. I had never stayed in this area of Boston before. We really liked the location. In walking distance to a lot of great restaurants. The hotel is a business hotel. Very clean and comfortable. We got upgraded to a city view room. Gorgeous view of Boston Skyline. The hotel is at least a 10-15 min. walk to South Station train station or waterfront attractions like the Boston Aquarium. $45/night to park your car.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Westin Boston Waterfront. I am very happy that you had a chance to stay with us.

I also want to thank you for pointing out all the great restaurants and attractions the Seaport District has to offer, this area continues to develop rapidly and we’re delighted our guests explore and enjoy such a vibrant neighborhood.

Once again thank you for your comments, and I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Boston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed at the hotel during a large convention last month and was very pleased that despite the hotel being busier than usual, the service I received was excellent.
I would like to especially note that a particular concierge by the name of Pam was invaluable and I really appreciated her advice and knowledge of the surrounding area and what it had to offer, as well as her recommendations for food. Any time we had a question we had only to call down or swing by the desk and Pam seemed to always be there, very friendly, and she never steered us wrong.
Thanks for making a great weekend there even better.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your review of the Westin Boston Waterfront following your recent stay here. I am delighted that you had an opportunity to stay with us. I truly appreciate your comments about our staff...we are very proud of all of them, and believe our service is what really sets us apart from the competition.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back should your travels take you back to Boston.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

We stayed at the Westin last week while on vacation and although there was a conference on next door and the staff were busy the service could not be faulted.
Deb and Saheb on the concierge desk were fantastic while the checkin staff could not have been more helpful.
The room was clean and large enough for two with the Heavenly beds making for a great nights sleep.
The location is a little off the beaten track and if it is raining and cold, as it was last week, a cab is required to get to restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel. I am delighted that you had the opportunity to stay with us.

Your comments about the staff and service are greatly appreciated. We are very proud of all the staff here and we believe that the service that they provide is the true differentiator between us and our competition and your comments just serve to validate that for us...thank you so much.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon as this area continues to mature; there are many exciting projects in the works.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

I was in Boston last week for a 3-day business conference and had the pleasure of staying at the Westin Waterfront. Upon my arrival, I was checked in by Wilson Saravia who provided outstanding customer service throughout my trip. Wilson always greeted me with a smile and was very knowledgeable and personable thru my entire stay. Even when my group had a last minute request for a larger meeting space, Wilson quickly obliged and was courteous, friendly, and professional all the while! Kudos to Wilson and keep up the good work!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you very much for your review of the Westin Boston Waterfront following your recent stay here. I am delighted that you had an opportunity to stay with us. I truly appreciate your comments about our staff...we are very proud of all of them, and Wilson is no exception. He is truly one of our greatest assets. It is what really sets us apart from our competiion.

Ambler, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

The location is the only drawback where on a chilly night I needed to cab it to the bars. The Irish bar in the hotel was lively, but the bartender was rude as he made fun of what I ordered. I left soon after. The hotel itself was great, rooms were nice, slept well it is first class hotel.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Westin Boston Waterfront. I am verry happy that you had a chance to stay with us, although I was disappointed to learn of your experience at MJ O'Connors. I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you further about the interaction you had with the staff there. If you have a moment, please contact me at michael.jorgensen@westin.com. I look forward to connection with you.
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed here for the 2014 Boston Marathon and we were exceptionally impressed with the hotel. Last time we stayed in Boston we did so at the Intercontinental, which is a superb hotel, but this is just as good and far cheaper.

The staff were also fantastic and we simply cannot find fault with the customer service, or anything about our stay for that matter. The room was spacious, very quiet, and clean and we actually opted for not having housekeeping, which meant we received a $5 voucher to spend in Starbucks, which was great. If you did run out of anything in the room, all you needed to do was call reception.

Whilst the only small downside is its proximity to the centre, downtown is still within walking distance and it's about 400yrds from the silverline connection straight into town. Interestingly, if you do choose to walk into Boston from the hotel, there are some cool shops and restaurants along the way such as Flour Bakery, which is a must visit for cake and coffee lovers.

However, you could actually stay at the hotel and not go into Boston, as it has everything you need for a short stay including restaurants, bars, a shop, Starbucks, gym, pool etc. (FYI, the pool isn't really for serious swimming, more splashing about, but the gym is excellent.)

If and when we go back to Boston, the chances are we will stay at the Westin. Loved it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting such a fabulous review and for recognizing our hardworking staff. We pride ourselves on providing the highest level of customer service to our guests and your comments serve to prove what a great team we have in place here at The Westin Boston Waterfront.

I also want to thank you for pointing out al that we offer within the hotel, but I think it bears notinf that this area continues to develop and the restuarants and attractions in the Waterfront area will soon rival the Back Bay.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I recently stayed here for three nights for a conference and had an overall good experience. I did find some dirt on my bedsheets when I checked in and called down to the front desk - they were very apologetic and sent someone up to my room within 20 minutes to change out the sheets for me. Then, about an hour or so later, I received a knock at my door with a full plate of desserts as way of an apology. Definitely wasn't expecting that but it was a great surprise and really set a good tone for the rest of my trip. Overall, the service was excellent.

There are a decent amount of restaurants and bars available in the hotel (including a Starbucks) which was nice so you didn't have to leave the hotel if you didn't want to. We took a cab to get into downtown but did walk one day and it was about 20-25 minutes which was fine as we weren't in a hurry.

The conference space was good and wasn't too crowded or spread far apart.The location is not centrally located but I had a good view of the water and it was a really quick ride to the airport. I would stay here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

My sincere apologies about the condition in which you found your bedsheets...we use and outside vendor to clean all our linens, so it is incumbant upon us to make sure we are checking the quality when they are returned to us. I will be sure to mention this to our Executive Housekeeper in an effort to preclude this from happening in the future.

Once agine thank you for your comments and I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Boston.