“Best Westin...”

The Westin Boston Waterfront
Ranked #38 of 85 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I spent two nights in this hotel at a time when there didn't seem to be any conventions going on across the street, so I can't speak to what it is like full of the Association of Whatever's Annual Conference goers.

The lobby is pretty eye catching, though somewhat small for such a large hotel. I got in what I thought was the line to check-in and this lady cut in front of me...typical stuff you expect from New Englanders. I got a quiet room on the 10th floor and was pleased.

This is one of the first Westin properties I've stayed in that uses LED lights instead of CFLs..I appreciated this, I think it could be listed on the features/amenities page.
The bathroom was nice sized, with an unfortunate tub. I don't know why these hotels insist upon putting tubs in the rooms. I'd prefer a shower stall.

Like other Westin properties, bring an extension cord if you want to charge your phone bedside as the plugs are far away. Also, the bedside lamps were high off the end-table things, this made it hard to turn off while laying down. Minor annoyance.

The cell phone signal was a little wonky and the wifi was patchy as well. I'll stay at this hotel again for a short stay.

Room Tip: Not a particularly busy part of town...yet..all-in-all pretty quiet
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you for your review of the Westin Boston Waterfront following your recent stay here. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed the lobby of the hotel. I am a little confused on your comment about the size of the lobby. Ironically I sometimes think it is too big...perhaps if we take the two comments in the middle, it really is just right sized.

We are planning our next upgrade to our guest rooms and your comments about outlets next to the bed are very thoughtful and we will make sure that is part of the planning process so that when we do renovate the guest rooms, we include this suggestion.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel takes you to the Boston Area.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,744)

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Hotel is clean and big and bright. Lots of taxis available at the door and costs around $20 to and from Logan airport. You can walk into Boston common by keeping to Summer street and then Winter street. If you go the other way for a mile you eventually leave Summer street and continue on L street to the beach. Jogging in either direction is excellent. If heading towards Boston common continue on to cross the Charles river on one bridge and come back on another for a run of about 7 miles. If you go the other direction you can run along by the sea and out around the fort. If weather is bad and you are training then ask for a room with a treadmill.
My only gripe was that I found the breakfast was poor for $26. I went to a nearby diner and got a much better breakfast for $10.
Excellent sound proofing between the rooms.

Room Tip: A treadmill room is available if you are training and the weather is poor but otherwise lovely outsi...
2  Thank Tom M

Tom we are delighted to hear ou enjoyed your stay here at the Westin Boston Waterfront. It is clear from your comments that you are a avid runner which is somethin that the Westin Brand is dedicated to. We have a team of running concierge who take our guests for runs 3 times per week. Hopefully upon your return to Boston, you can enjoy a run with a local who can show you more of the area and give you some more variety in your runs.

I was a bit disappointed that you did not find the quality of your breakfast commensurate with the price you paid. I will personally speak with our Food and Beverage Director so that she may take the opportunity to look at our breakfast offerings.

Once again thank you for your comments and we would welcome the opportunity to serve you again should your travel plans take you back to Boston.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed here during the National Science Teachers conference. It was great not to have to go outside to get from the hotel to the Convention Center. I didn't have to carry around my winter coat. We had a fabulous corner room. It had huge windows and we were able to see the beautiful sunrise over the water. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Corner room with a view of Boston harbor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review of the Westin Boston Waterfront following your recent stay here. I am delighted that you had an opportunity to stay with us. I could not have said it any better regarding the stunning views of the sunrise over the water. As they say it is all about location, location, location, and with this area growing so fast we think we are in the prime location for not only conventions but leisure trips as well.

Once again thank you and we would love to have you back with us should your travles take you back to the Boston area.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

We have often stayed at Westin hotels when travelling in the US. We like their predictability but above all we know we will sleep in a very comfortable bed. Yes all they claim for their beds is true! Here in Boston the staff were as friendly and helpful as they usually are and indeed we had a good night's sleep. The hotel is ideally situated for the airport. Having wrestled with the large queues at the airport we were dreading discovering how to get to the hotel. It turned out to be ridiculously simple - catch the (free) silver line bus from just outside the airport door - get off at the world trade centre and go up all the escalators and a short well sign posted walk to the hotel. The only downside to our stay was that in spite of the room being very clean, the chairs had seen better days and were not what we've come to expect from Westin hotels. Split seat on the desk chair and a rather tatty and grubby arm chair - didn't spoil our visit but some may find this off-putting.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you for your review of the Westin Boston Waterfront following your recent stay here. I couldn't say it any better than you did about the convenience afforded travelers who arrive at Logan and need to get here to the Hotel...it makes it so easy to get to the this very exciting neighborhood and the hotel.

You menitoned the chairs in the guest room being a bit dated and we could not agree with you more! We are in the process of working out logisitics with the ownership group to have them all replace and should have that done by the summer...it will certainly make a big difference in the overall quality of a very clean room.

Once again thank you for staying with us and for the honest and helpful comments. We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels plans take you back to Boston.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I am a Platinum member of Starwood and stay at many Westins. I had a few minor hiccups during my stay and Ana Borjas at the front desk went well above and beyond to make me feel heard and took care of my every request. I am not the traveler to complian but rather to boast when a job is well done. I much appreciate Ana and Michael from In room Dining for the care and pride they show in their job. I am a happy traveler and what could have been disapointing was indeed the excellence I have come to love from Starwood and from The Westin. A good stay overall and will stay again !!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your review of the Westin Boston Waterfront following your recent stay here. I am delighted that you had an opportunity to stay with us. I truly appreciate your comments about our location and wonderfull lobby...I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to give us your constructive suggestions. It is through feedback such as this that we listen and get better moving forward and that is truly a gift.

Your suggestion to get equipment in to dust the lobby trees is very much welcomed. It truly is the only way to reach the top of the trees and we need to get them on a rotation. It is not as convenient as it seems to get the equipment in necessary to perform this task, but certainly required and we will schedule this shortly.

Once again thank you for your honest and positive comments about your stay at the Westin Boston Waterfront. We look forward to welcoming you back should your travel plans take you back to the Boston Area.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Efficent & Excellent Staff, the Green option of not having room made over...works really well.
Suggest improvements in;

a) the Room Fridge in 730 is really noisy and interferes with sleep, afraid to turn it off.
b) the NB runners & gear is a great idea but alas is uselass if not informed to guests before arrival as i knew nothing and brought my own.
C) breakfast seems very expensive (eg $30), its not made clear that there are cheaper options i.e. Contnental.

Room Tip: check the noise of the Fridge.....
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your review of the Westin Boston Waterfront following your recent stay here. I am delighted that you had an opportunity to stay with us. I truly appreciate your comments about our staff...we are very proud of them, and it is what really sets us apart from our competiion. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to give us your constructive suggestions. It is through feedback such as this that we listen and get better moving forward and that is truly a gift.

The in-room refrigerators are fairly new and we have noticed that some are louder than others...we will make sure our guest room engineers are looking at them as we go through our rooms to inspect for defects. The New Balance work-out clothes program is really a great program for folks that do not wnat to pack and lug their work out clothes with them...It is listed on our Branded Web site under features but I do think we can get better at highlighting this feature in the reservation process. Breakfast pricing is in line with our competitive hotels in the area. We do a competitive pricing review every six months and we are not the least expensive and not the most expensive, really right about in the middle.

Once again thank you for your honest and psoitive comments about your stay at the Westin Boston Waterfront. We look forward to welcoming you back should your travel plans take you back to the Boston Area.

Michael Jorgensen

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Every aspect of this hotel is perfect for the traveler who is involved with events at the Boston Convention Center. A convenient walkway. indoor bridge, connects the hotel with the center ... so helpful in bad weather. The rooms are large and clean. Room service is efficient with food delivered hot and tasty. But the highlight of the hotel is the staff. They could not have been more helpful, courteous, well informed, and cheerful. Especially helpful to me, the bell staff went out of their way to be sure all of the materials delivered to my room, carried into the convention center, and then returned to my car at the end of my stay were handled perfectly. I don't leave items in my room, but somehow forgot my pajamas hanging on the back of the bathroom door. I called and spoke with a gentleman in security who couldn't have been more cheerful, helpful, and efficient ... a tracking number was sent to me and my pajamas will be in my hands within days.

Room Tip: I had a view of downtown Boston ... perfect view in daylight and night.
2  Thank fro2
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for posting such a fabulous review and for recognizing our hardworking staff. We pride ourselves on providing the highest level of customer service to our guests and your comments serve to prove what a great team we have in place here at The Westin Boston Waterfront. I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Boston.