“New Year's Eve at the Westin Waterfront”

The Westin Boston Waterfront
Ranked #37 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, MA
“New Year's Eve at the Westin Waterfront”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Good experience - Several couples spent NYE 2013 at the Westin.
Rooms we're clean, modern, comfortable beds, not too roomy but adequate.
Location was great and parking convenient.
Only complaint was the noise.
Walls are not sound proof but given it was NYE you have to expect some noise.
Drinks and pub food available at Irish Bar next door and bar in the lobby.
Breakfast at their restaurant was very good and service ok.
In general we found the service and staff above average.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for posting your review. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay to ring in the new year at The Westin Boston Waterfront.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pleasanton, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed at the Westin Waterfront for the Prudential Figure Skating Championships. Everything was nice. I would have given them 5 stars except it was a bit pricey for food and wine. Otherwise, no complaints!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will consider staying wish us again in the future.
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed at Westin for Figure Skating Championship in Jan 14. Great hotel with fantastic staff and excellent service. We were arriving very early and I included a note in my reservation that we would need an early check in. Hotel manager called me the next day ! and said that even though they cannot guaranty an early check in they will do their best. On arrival at about 9 am they checked us in right away. I did not even had to ask about it twice. Great attentive service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonferful comments you had for our staff. I was thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to hosting you in the future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

My family and I unexpectedly found ourselves at the Westin Boston Waterfront when we were stranded in Boston during one of the recent snowstorms to hit New England. We couldn't have been more lucky -- the staff were amazing -- welcoming and friendly. The front desk staff were extremely helpful and considerate, and the housekeeping staff were equally helpful and friendly.

We didn't get out much, due to the storm, but I know Boston fairly well and it wouldn't have been too difficult to get to some of the key sites from the hotel. It was very conveniently located off 93, and it took only a matter of minutes to get to the airport from the hotel.

I travel for business frequently and have stayed in many hotels in Boston and around the world, but the Westin Boston Waterfront really stands out as one of the nicest hotel stays I've had in a very long time (remarkable, considering the circumstances that got us there). I really must commend the staff on their customer service -- it is exceptional and it was very much appreciated by this guest.

I would certainly recommend this hotel and will be staying there in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your review and for recognizing our hardworking staff. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your unexpected stay with us and I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Boston!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed one night at this hotel recently and had a decent experience. It is very convenient to the airport, being only a short ride on the MBTA Silver Line away from Logan. The room was comfortable including a good bathroom and a mini fridge included for convenience.

There is not a lot around the hotel but there are some restaurants & small shops near the seaport within walking distance. The room service prices were very high and apart from the gift shop in the lobby with limited hours, there are no vending services in the hotel.

Overall this is a fine hotel, good location for the conference center and not too bad for the airport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Fullerton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Soo I Have To Write This Review In All Caps For The First Letter Because It Turned Out To Be Amazing! I Came To Boston For My 32nd Birthday, To Meet My Family Which I Had Never Ever Met. Understandably, I Was Nervous And A Little Apprehensive About This Emotional Encounter. My Friend And I Decided To Head Out For Some Dinner After Check In. Mr. Calvin Napoleon Cherry, Greeted My Friend And I, As We Were Leaving For Our First Night Out On The Town. We Had Already Received Excellent Guest Services Upon Our Arrival At The Westin. But Calvin Was Above And Beyond In Every Way. He Was So Helpful,Welcoming, Professional, But Also Made You Feel Comfortable, On A Personal Level. That Personal Level That Only Comes With The Highest, And Best Level Of Public Relations Interaction. Something You Just Have To Have In You, And Can't Be Taught, Nor Duplicated. Being A Small Business Owner Myself, I Realize Not Only The Importance, But The Value In Someone So Genuine In His Approach To Not Only His Job, But To You..Me, The Customer. He Catered To All Our Silly Sight Seeing Questions, Pointed Us In The Right Direction For Any Type Atmosphere That We Were Interested In Taking In, And Went Above And Beyond All Our Needs As A Guest In His Hotel. I Personally Am A Penny Pincher By Nature, But The Type Of Service This Hotel And It's Employees Extend Is Truly Priceless. Calvin Being Top Of This Class In Our Mind. I Certainly Will Be Not Only Myself Visiting This Hotel Specifically Again, But Will Be Referring All My Friends, Family, And Business Associates To It For Exemplary Service. I Never Write Reviews, This Being My First One! Yet I Just Felt Compelled To, After Finding This Jewel Of A Place With A Staff That Shined. Thank You So Much Westin, And Especially Mr. Calvin Napoleon Cherry... We'll Be Seeing You Again Soon!

Mr. Justin Silva
Ceo Idc & Cc Design Corp.

Room Tip: Great Views From All Rooms..Ask Mr. Calvin Napoleon Cherry
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting such a fabulous review and for recognizing Calvin in our Front Office. Calvin receives recognition on a fairly regular basis and we are proud to have him on our great team. We look forward to hosting you in the future.
Stroudsburg, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

The accommodations were outstanding from room to restaurants to conference facilities. More important however was the exceptional service from the staff, from check-in to check-out in regards to genuine friendliness and responsiveness; hard to find that overall team attitude these days. It was very refreshing and reminded us that we should be staying at the Westin when we have the opportunity.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for the fabulous review of our property and for recognizing our hardworking staff. We pride ourselves on providing the highest standard of quality customer service and your comments validate why we have such a tremendous team here at The Westin Boston Waterfront!!