“Lovely hotel, fantastic staff, a great experience”

The Westin Boston Waterfront
Ranked #39 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 10, 2014

My family and I unexpectedly found ourselves at the Westin Boston Waterfront when we were stranded in Boston during one of the recent snowstorms to hit New England. We couldn't have been more lucky -- the staff were amazing -- welcoming and friendly. The front desk staff were extremely helpful and considerate, and the housekeeping staff were equally helpful and friendly.

We didn't get out much, due to the storm, but I know Boston fairly well and it wouldn't have been too difficult to get to some of the key sites from the hotel. It was very conveniently located off 93, and it took only a matter of minutes to get to the airport from the hotel.

I travel for business frequently and have stayed in many hotels in Boston and around the world, but the Westin Boston Waterfront really stands out as one of the nicest hotel stays I've had in a very long time (remarkable, considering the circumstances that got us there). I really must commend the staff on their customer service -- it is exceptional and it was very much appreciated by this guest.

I would certainly recommend this hotel and will be staying there in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for posting your review and for recognizing our hardworking staff. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your unexpected stay with us and I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Boston!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed one night at this hotel recently and had a decent experience. It is very convenient to the airport, being only a short ride on the MBTA Silver Line away from Logan. The room was comfortable including a good bathroom and a mini fridge included for convenience.

There is not a lot around the hotel but there are some restaurants & small shops near the seaport within walking distance. The room service prices were very high and apart from the gift shop in the lobby with limited hours, there are no vending services in the hotel.

Overall this is a fine hotel, good location for the conference center and not too bad for the airport.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Soo I Have To Write This Review In All Caps For The First Letter Because It Turned Out To Be Amazing! I Came To Boston For My 32nd Birthday, To Meet My Family Which I Had Never Ever Met. Understandably, I Was Nervous And A Little Apprehensive About This Emotional Encounter. My Friend And I Decided To Head Out For Some Dinner After Check In. Mr. Calvin Napoleon Cherry, Greeted My Friend And I, As We Were Leaving For Our First Night Out On The Town. We Had Already Received Excellent Guest Services Upon Our Arrival At The Westin. But Calvin Was Above And Beyond In Every Way. He Was So Helpful,Welcoming, Professional, But Also Made You Feel Comfortable, On A Personal Level. That Personal Level That Only Comes With The Highest, And Best Level Of Public Relations Interaction. Something You Just Have To Have In You, And Can't Be Taught, Nor Duplicated. Being A Small Business Owner Myself, I Realize Not Only The Importance, But The Value In Someone So Genuine In His Approach To Not Only His Job, But To You..Me, The Customer. He Catered To All Our Silly Sight Seeing Questions, Pointed Us In The Right Direction For Any Type Atmosphere That We Were Interested In Taking In, And Went Above And Beyond All Our Needs As A Guest In His Hotel. I Personally Am A Penny Pincher By Nature, But The Type Of Service This Hotel And It's Employees Extend Is Truly Priceless. Calvin Being Top Of This Class In Our Mind. I Certainly Will Be Not Only Myself Visiting This Hotel Specifically Again, But Will Be Referring All My Friends, Family, And Business Associates To It For Exemplary Service. I Never Write Reviews, This Being My First One! Yet I Just Felt Compelled To, After Finding This Jewel Of A Place With A Staff That Shined. Thank You So Much Westin, And Especially Mr. Calvin Napoleon Cherry... We'll Be Seeing You Again Soon!

Mr. Justin Silva
Ceo Idc & Cc Design Corp.

Room Tip: Great Views From All Rooms..Ask Mr. Calvin Napoleon Cherry
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for posting such a fabulous review and for recognizing Calvin in our Front Office. Calvin receives recognition on a fairly regular basis and we are proud to have him on our great team. We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The accommodations were outstanding from room to restaurants to conference facilities. More important however was the exceptional service from the staff, from check-in to check-out in regards to genuine friendliness and responsiveness; hard to find that overall team attitude these days. It was very refreshing and reminded us that we should be staying at the Westin when we have the opportunity.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you for the fabulous review of our property and for recognizing our hardworking staff. We pride ourselves on providing the highest standard of quality customer service and your comments validate why we have such a tremendous team here at The Westin Boston Waterfront!!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

The service provided by the staff at this hotel is simply Outstanding. We travelled as a couple for my other halves birthday Arrived 28th Dec - Checkout 30th (Birthday was 29th)

I had emailed the hotel to let them know it was my husbands Birthday and request a nice room on a high floor. Not only was my request honoured, they really did go above and beyond to wow our expectations. After we checked in, we went for a walk into the city, and when we got back to our room, we had Champagne, cakes, bottled water, a free drinks voucher each, and on top of everything, they had given us a card with a beautiful verse to wish a happy birthday and a warm welcome to the hotel. Its the little touches that go such a long way.

Every single staff member at this hotel, whether that be concierge, porter, check in, bar staff, restaurant staff, cleaners, and even room service - their friendly attitude and willing to go the extra mile was ON POINT!! We felt valued, we felt looked after, and we could not believe the lengths these staff would go to. Even when asking for recommendations of where to go, these guys knew their stuff like you wouldn't believe, and made sure we had everything we needed to make the most from our stay - It was just Wonderful.

The hotel location is about 10 minute walk from the downtown, straight down summer street, over the summer street bridge, taking you almost into China Town. May be a little out the way for some, but for us it was ideal as we will a walk.

This was my 5 time in Boston, although it was a long time when I last visited (And I only used to stay one night when I was cabin crew for an airline), I would not even consider another hotel to the Westin Boston Waterfront, they have made me a customer for life.

My final thanks once again to Calvin Cherry, the guest services manager - He was a delight and a pleasure to deal with - His "Can Do" attitude and attention to detail to ensure we had the best stay ever was superb. I would like to personally thank Calvin and his team for a wonderful and memorable trip. You are Amazing - I hope to see you again Summer 2014.

Room Tip: Try for the 16th Floor - Great Views!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pheelinphunki
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review and for recognizing our hardworking staff and in particular, Calvin in our Front Office. Calvin takes great pride in ensuring our guests truly experience Westin hospitality at its finest and we are happy to have him on our team. I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Boston.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed here for one night because I had heard such good things about this hotel. There wasn't anything going on at the convention center, so it was quiet and I got a good price.

The rooms are larger, really comfy bed, fantastic bathroom with a rain head shower. The staff was friendly. I had a room on the back side of the hotel, which doesn't overlook the skyline. But if you like watching airplanes, this is a fantastic place to watch the jets landing on runway 4/22.

So why not 5 stars? Well, for one you pay $18.95 for Internet, and $35 for parking. The big problem though is that they don't have ANY vending machines on site, the gift shop closes early, and the restaurant charges you $2.75 for a 9oz plastic cup of soda! The nearest convenience store is a good 15 minute walk away.

The hotel is in a good location for the convention center or World Trade Center, and is on the Silver Line route to the airport, but otherwise you have to take the Silver Line to South Station, then the red line to whatever other transit line you need. There are a couple of restaurants located down near the World Trade Center, but plan on using transit to see anything else in the city. On the other hand, that also means you don't have to deal with inner city traffic if you are driving.

Room Tip: If you like watching planes, ask for an east facing high floor room. Great views of the approach.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate the feedback and hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for the first four nights of our honeymoon in the US and had a great time. Within less than ten minutes of checking into our room we had a knock at the door and a bottle of complimentary champagne from the hotel, which was a great start to our trip!

Having read some of the reviews on here I was a little worried about the location - but had no need to be. It was super easy to walk into the city (no more than 15minutes) and the hotel staff gave us some great suggestions on things to do and places to visit. The city tour trolley stops right outside the hotel which is really convenient for the days when you're too tired to walk or want to head a little further out of town - to places like Fenway Park and Harvard Square.

I'd definitely stay here if you want great rooms, good service and a good base to explore the city.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I was happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us during the first few days of your honeymoon. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.