The Westin Boston Waterfront
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
YOTEL Boston(Boston)
2,816 results
All reviewsconvention centercomedy clubsilver lineirish pubheavenly bedcity barboston waterfrontattending a conferencesouth stationthe world trade centerclose to the airportcab ridelarge hotellogan airportrestaurants and barsconcierge deskpublic transportation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2008

The Good

New hotel in a quiet part of town
Close to metro
The Old Town Trolley stops directly in front of the hotel
Cabs are always available
The front desk staff are very helpful when it came to checking us in and out
Our group arrived after lunch at about 2:30 by this time lunch was not being served, however the bartender asked the kitchen to prepare lunch for us...maybe the Westin should consider having him teach a Customer Service Class to other members of staff
The rooms are large, clean and the beds were comfortable

The Bad

A few reviewers mentioned this and it's true...the wall are paper thin
The concierge service is inconsistent...sometimes they answer the phone, however most times they don't
The same goes for the shuttle service...it would be nice to have all day service 7 days a week
Inconsistent service at Sauciety (the hotel restaurant)
The Starbucks in the lobby does not accept Starbucks Cards

The Ugly

Some of the staff at Sauciety (the hotel restaurant) need customer service training. Our group had brunch on Sunday, Aug. 10, 2008 and came across the most horrific waitress I have ever have the grave displeasure of meeting. Once we seated she came over after we were seated for approximately 15 minutes. She offered us orange juice but we told her we would like tea service first, then our juices later. After serving the tea she never bothered to return to our table to remove empty dishes etc. She did however returned to rudely take the tea caddy to another table. She never asked if we were finished or needed any additional assistance. Mind you she was very attentive to the table directly behind us and opposite us. Hotel management will be hearing from me about this situation in more detail.

I would stay at his hotel again because I truly believe that they are just experiencing temporary "growing pains."

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank 8,600
Reviewed August 11, 2008

I was very disappointed in this hotel. Considering the rooms are 400 dollars a night on a weekend during the summer, I expected much more. The lobby and pool area was nice, however the rooms were very small, yet the bathrooms were large. Yet, what I hated about this hotel is the LOCATION! It took about a half hour to walk to the shopping area and restaurants! The hotel had a free shuttle service to downtown, yet it only ran a few hours a day and stopped running completely at 730pm. Plus, this hotel should NOT be named Waterfront, considering the view of the water is blocked by highways and construction. The hotel is not on the water, which was my prior assumption.
Lastly, do not eat breakfast here! It is overpriced and the waitress was not friendly, she kept insisting for me to purchase the buffet, when clearly I did not want to.
Even the concierge was rude. He hardly directed me to where I want to go, I was greatly offended.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank oreoegirl14
Reviewed August 10, 2008

My wife had a conference next door so I tagged along!
Perfect location for conventions - a bit of a walk to the financial district but a short walk to public transportation. it was a $20 cab ride from the airport but it would have been $2 by The "T" if I had researched how to get there from the airport !
Rooms were excellent - the shower and beds were great.
A/C was awesome - especially in the lobby.
Food in the restaurant very good as well though a bit overpriced I felt. We had a very nice stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2008

Nice Hotel, but they charge you $30 a day to park, it's a hike to get to almost any attraction in the city, they charge you hourly for internet access, and the front desk/concierge is so busy that service requires a fair amount of waiting. All in all, Westin is a good chain of hotels, but this Westin was far over-priced for the service and lack of convenience. We researched a few hotels before we traveled to Boston and everytime we made our hike past the Longham we wished we'd booke there instead. Also, the subway/bus/public transit system connects near the hotel, but it is a real pain to navigate and you have to pretty much switch trains at every stop to get where you are going from here. If you haven't been to Boston, its a real walking city. You'll want to be closer to the action, not on the outskirts by the convention center (ofcourse if you're going to a convention, the center is right next to it)

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank 3wheelers
Reviewed August 4, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Westin Boston Waterfront from August 1 to August 3, 2008. We booked our trip along with airfare through Travelocity Last Minute trips. Because of this, I can't exactly say how much we paid for our room at the Westin -- we chose it soley on it being a 'luxury' hotel and because of the 'Heavenly Bed'.

That said, this Westin is definitely beautiful although I wouldn't exactly call it 'waterfront'. We took a water taxi over from Logan International Airport, just for the fun of it ($10/per person vs. $2/per person on the subway). We though we'd be getting off of the water taxi and strolling a block to the hotel. More like hiking about 4 huge city blocks. Folks, it is soooooooooo not on the waterfront! Just fyi. It wasn't the end of the world but kind of a surprise.

The lobby was very zen-like with tall birch trees (yes, in the lobby) and modern furnishings. We arrived at 11am and decided to stop in to see if we could check in early. No problem, they had a room ready. That was really nice since that prevented us from lugging our bags all around town for most of the day. The check in was smooth. The clerk asked us if we wanted the key to our minibar but we declined knowing we could spend a fortune if we had it in our posession.

Our room was a king size bed, city view room on the 11th floor. We had a great sweeping view of Boston and a partial view of the harbor. Very nice. The room was clean and cool. The bed was covered in bright white linens and the furniture was dark wood. Nice wide flatscreen TV. No clutter. Masculine, modern, very swanky.

The only problem we had early on was a complete abscense of toiletries --- no soaps, shampoo, lotion, etc. I called the Service Express folks and asked for 'toiletries'. Perhaps it was my mistake because, although there was a delivery made in around 15 minutes, they delivered a plastic bag filled with razors, q-tips, cotton balls,mini combs, toothpaste/brush, nail polish remover. No soap, no shampoo. We called for those items specifically when we returned that night.

We also only had one robe, no slippers and the water was loud when the folks above us ran theirs. Alas, all of that was minor and made no real impact on our enjoyment of the hotel.

We ordered room service twice. Everything was excellent. Totally overpriced with a $3.50 'delivery charge' plus 18% gratuity and a 5% sales tax. Outrageous but that didn't stop us because, well, room service is such a treat! Breakfast was wonderful and we'd order it all over again :)

Oh, the bed --- absolutely 100% heavenly. It was awesome. We skipped going out our second night to stay in, rent a movie and drink beers in that bed. It was that good.

The hotel's location is convenient to the subway stop at the World Trade Center. One trip on the subway is only $2. Don't make the silly mistake we did and take a taxi to the Sam Adams Brewery in Jamaica Plain. There is a subway stop just about 3 smaller city blocks from this brewery.

Also, Boston is very 'walkable' and we did alot of it. There is even a website called Walk Boston that has maps letting you know how many minutes it takes to walk all over town. That said, this particular hotel is away from the center of the city action so if that is what you like, this isn't the one for you.

We would stay here again as it was a beautiful hotel with really comfortable beds, great water pressure (forgot to mention that!) and helpful staff. It is pricey but we felt that we got what we paid for.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple