“SPG Platinum Member Review”

The Westin Boston Waterfront
Ranked #38 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed her one night Dec 13th with my wife. The hotel is located in South Boston in the Seaport District. This area is a very lively place now with many resturaunts and bars and other hotels winthin walking distance. The hotel is easily assessible with public transportation from the airport or South Staation if you are taking the train into Boston by taking the Silver line "t" to the World Trade Center exit. The hotel is located a 2-3minutes walk from this stop.

I stayed at this hotel numerous times and it is a well run hotel. It is relatively new with a nice open Lobby with sitting areas as well as a Starbucks, Irish Bar and hotel resturaunt. Checking was easy since there was no line. I checked in around 2pm and asked for an upgrade to suite. They had one but it was being cleaned so I dropped by bag off and went back to work and my wife checked in around 6pm. Checkin was friendly to both wife and myself. We had been upgraded to a nice Harbor Front Suite with a seperate bedroom and living/dining room. There was 2 full baths and city and harbor views. A nice Westin bed, nice decor and well kept room.
My wfie ordered room service it was prompt and very good. She had the Salmon,veggies, and a salad.

The hotel is located directly next to the Boston Convention Center and within a 5 minute walk to the Harbor and all the bars and rest. located along the harbor. If you wanted to wak to downtown Boston and the Finanical district its prob. a 10-15 min depending o=how fast you walk.
Overall a very nice hotel, nice staff, great rooms and service and excellent location if you want to be in the Seaport area of Boston.

Please let me know if you have any questions

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for posting your review. I was delighted we were able to meet your expectations and we look forward to hosting you on your next trip to our great city!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,762)

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I always enjoy my stay at a Westin hotel because the rooms are always beautiful & clean. What I noticed about this hotel more than any other large hotel was the way the staff behaved. From the doorman who met my cab to the housekeeping lady that brought me a curling iron, they were so helpful, friendly and seemed to take great pride in making guests as comfortable as possible. The gentleman who checked me in was super helpful in getting me a better room than I had originally booked. I even got lost once and ran into a maintenance guy who was hugely kind and helpful. I was just so impressed with the people that it took my stay from enjoyable to incredible. Kudos to an amazing group of people who make it a pleasure to interact with them!!

Room Tip: The workout rooms are really cool if you can get one. Yeehaw!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CAgurlTO

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review and for recognizing our hardworking staff. We take great pride in providing outstanding customer service at all times and your comments serve to show what a fabulous team we have here at The Westin Boston Waterfront. I hope you will consider staying with us on your next trip to Boston.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have been at this hotel twice, one in the summer 2013 and fall 2013. Overall the hotel has everything you need for a stay where you have transportation. The hotel is adequate, but it is in the middle of nowhere. There are not many choices for meals, you have to move to the waterfront area downtown it is a nice 15 minute walk. It is ok if you are on vacation but if its buisiness it is not very accesible unless you are attending something at the conference center. The starbucks on the premises is probably the worst I have tasted, the coffee and the food were really bad. I did not try the hotel restaurant. The breakfast is extremely high priced.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Trip Advisor is a wonderful tool for people to voice their opinions and we certainly appreciate your feedback since it will allow us to improve upon our services where necessary.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I have stayed at the Westin Boston waterfront at least 10-12 times over the past 6 years and have had good service at each stay. The hotel is always very clean and holds to the Westin standards very well. However, this most recent stay was exceptional and it was all due to Calvin. We had a very long travel day and Calvin checked us in. He went above and beyond to put us in wonderful rooms with a view and made sure every request was met.

I travel quite a bit for work and always stay at starwood hotels but he exceeded even my expectations as an SPG platinum member. I would definitely come back to this hotel as service like this makes all of the travel worthwhile.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for posting such a fabulous review and for recognizing Calvin in our Front Office. Calvin does his best to provide outstanding customer service at all times and I was delighted to read he exceeded your expectations during this stay. We are lucky to have him on our team!!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Some of the benefits include being connected to the Boston Convention Center and clean and comfortable rooms with a great view of the city on higher floors. The staff were also friendly, professional and helpful during my stay. The two major downsides of this hotel is that it is further from the city center for those looking to do some sightseeing and there are limited dining options in the immediate area around the hotel. Since I was staying here because of a conference, the benefit of being so close to the convention center outweighed the negatives. I would definitely stay here again if I had another conference at the Boston Convention Center.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Perhaps time did not allow you to stroll along the waterfront to enjoy the many restaurants in the area within walking distance from the hotel such as Remy's, DelFrisco's and Legal Harborside. I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Boston.

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Good location. I was on the 9th floor with a fairly drab view during the day (that didn't matter!) but the lights at night were lovely. Great bars, modern, friendly, airy lobby. A Starbucks where I could bring my tablet and get on the lobby's free wifi each morning. To get 5 stars, hotels should, of course, have wifi available gratis in all rooms too. A fantastic perk is the work out clothes and shoes available for $5.00. There is a good gym and the workout clothes fit perfectly. Hubway bikes to rent are right down the street. All the staff were helpful and friendly. The room was uninspired as far as decor, but the bathroom was perfect with a lot of counter space. Very clean. I recommend this hotel as a mid-price (for Boston) and I would stay there again except that I love to try a new hotel each time!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Elle S
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was happy to learn we were able to meet your expectations and that you took adavantage of our Gear Lending Program which has become quite popular. I hope you will consider staying with us in the future. We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Boston.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

My husband, myself and my daughter stayed for three nights at this Westin location. Prior to booking, I read the reviews and was quite pleased with the comments provided on the hotel. I knew that I wasn't in a central location this time around but it didn't bother me as we knew our way around. Upon arrival, everyone greeted us with a smile at the front desk. We checked in and to my surprise I was given the wrong room. It was actually the room that I booked but I was told by my third party that I would be upgraded further but that wasn't the case. I was then introduced to Mattthew who attentively listened to my concerns of not getting the room I was supposed to. He then went the extra mile and stated my case to the guest services supervisor by the name of Tope to hopefully solve the problem. She dealt with the manner in the same way Matthew did. She was friendly, attentive, and truly concerned about my three day stay with my family. She then came back out with Kamal the front office director. The problem was solved immediately and we obtained the room that I thought I was going to be given. All three of them gave us first class treatment. I wouldn't expect less than that at such a big chain hotel. The room was exceptionally clean, the staff on our floor were friendly, smiling and provided us with a fridge, microwave and a crib for the little one. Water bottles were always their for us when we came back from our outings. When going in and out of The hotel we were always greeted by courteous Staff that always wanted to help. Another staff member, Meloba was always fun to chat with and very helpful. Overall, I would definitely stay there again. Public transportation is steps away and so is the airport. If you have a child in the stroller the walk to the central tourist spots is about a twenty five min walk rather than a fifteen minute one. Hats off to the staff at Westin we hope to see you again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cynto
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for recognizing our hardworking staff. I was delighted to read your stay was enjoyable despite the initial hiccup with your room assignment. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope you will consider staying with us on your next trip to Boston.