“Solid hotel but overpriced”

The Westin Boston Waterfront
Ranked #38 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Somerset, New Jersey
“Solid hotel but overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed here two nights on business, but if I was paying I'd find a better value. Internet 14.95/day? Should be free. Free breakfast? Nope. Waterfront location more remote than sister hotel in Copley square. On site restaurant food is fine, but pricey as well. Beds are nice, got very good rest and service is very good as well. Overall, left feeling that $349/nite was at least $100 too much. If you're going to stay here find a deal or another hotel with better value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your feedback and your comments will be shared with the entire team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
North potomac, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Westin for business for 4 nights in october. The room was great, comfortable bed, great view of downtown Boston, and friendly staff. My favorite part was the Westin morning run program they offered on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The run, operated by 2 volunteers of the hotel, was a great way to see the city and get a workout with better views you can get on a treadmill. Kudos to the staff for waking up early to take a few of us out.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your review. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our Run Westin Program. I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Belfort, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Located at walking distance from touristic areas, the hotel offers a lot of service. A nice swimming pool with jaccuzi, indoor gym, restaurant, souvenir shop, helpfull staff, there is all that you can need. The rooms are nice, modern (as the whole hotel), and clean. Our 3 nights stay was very pleasant, I can only recommand that hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate the feedback and hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Brampton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

The hotel is situated on the outskirts of Boston. Across the river from downtown. It is not remote or isolated, as taxis, bus tours, public transit flow directly from the entrance with frequency. It is a ten minute drive from Quincy Market, Faneuil Hall and the Waterfront. I have no major complaints or concerns. There was a foible by staff when I checked in. I booked with price line the booking included free wifi in room. However when I noted upon trying to access it there was a surcharge I called the front desk to inquire and was told abruptly that there was fine print indicating this was only available in the lobby. When I went to the front desk and presented a print out of my booking later that day this misconception was cleared up. Staff should be better informed of promotions as the customer service rep advised he would follow up to check this. The beds are soft and rooms well appointed with tech gadgets like IPod players. The showerheads are rainfall style which provide a steady if weaker flow. I stayed there for a bachlorette weekend and the conceirge Darlene made a fabulous recommendation of local eatery City Landing! Kudos! It was a hit with all 7 ladies. Too bad her counterpart the night before recommended te No name restaurant, whose food matched the name.

Room Tip: For maximum value request a city view or water view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for recognizing Darlene at our Concierge Desk. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

The hotel was pretty clean, close to a T Stop, and this place is ideal for runners. I loved the $5 running gear rental with New Balance (shoes, socks, shirt, capris), great running maps, and a MWF meet up organized run. Plus their work out room is nice & has plenty of tread mills, foam rollers, etc. The bell man always met me at the door with a cold bottle of water and towel after my morning runs.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was delighted to read you took advantage of our Gear Lending Program which has become pretty popular. I hope you will consider staying with us on your next trip to Boston.
Warwick, Rhode Island, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here for one night as a quick getaway. Great restaurant on site. Also very close to harpoon brewery (walking distance) and other little restaurants. Very close to cruise port if you are looking to do a pre or post night stay.
Beds were super comfy, very clean rooms-What we liked the best was the indoor pool/hot tub.
Great way to end the night.
Free shuttle to Quincy Market (although does not run very consistantly)
Would stay there again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting your review. Iwas happy to read we met your expectations and look forward to hosting you in the future.
South Shields, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had a 3 night stay at the The Westin Boston Waterfront Hotel and loved it. It is a bit of a walk from the centre but not a problem at all.

The hotel itself has great staff that are always happy to help you. There is a relaxed atmosphere in the hotel yet it is elegant and architectually it has a very impressive lobby.

The bed and pillows are the most comfortable I have slept in in my life! Even more comfortable than what I have at home. I only wish I had the $$ to purchase those pillows to take home :(.

There is an Irish Pub in the hotel where we had the best burger we have ever had - now I'm not sure whether this is because we had been travelling the best part of the day from the UK, but it sure was good!

There is a starbucks in the lobby which is really handy.

The only downside is that I made my booking with hotwire.com so I could not claim any Starwood points.

We will come back to Boston we will certainly consider staying at the The Westin Boston Waterfront Hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for posting such a fantastic review and for recognizing our hardworking staff. We appreciate your feedback and feel honored that you will consider staying with us on your next visit to Boston.