“Quiet, clean and comfortable”

The Westin Boston Waterfront
Ranked #37 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Buffalo, New York
“Quiet, clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

My son and I liked the Westin Boston Waterfront very much. Nicely appointed rooms, pool, lobby. Great to have Starbucks right there, and I liked that they offered a $5 credit for the restaurants for each day you kept your towels. I do that in other hotels for the green benefits, but it was nice to get a reward. The area was very quiet, which was a plus and minus. Easy to sleep, but not much around in the immediate few blocks. One stop down the T were restaurants, etc., but the immediate area is pretty empty save for the Convention Center. But we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for posting your review. I was delighted to read that you and your son enjoyed your stay and I hope you will consider staying with us again for your next trip to Boston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Falmouth, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Boston's seaport is a bustling, growing area with plenty of restaurants and easy access to so much of what Boston historically offers. Great for tourist and perfect place to be in the summer to enjoy the breezes off the water (not too sure how it would be in February). Clean and comfortable we did experience a bit of a concern checking into our room - the mini bar was empty. Immediately calling the front desk to report (we didn't want to be charged for missing items) we were informed the Hotel NO longer stocks the bar...there wasn't even bottled water in the room (we would have gladly paid). Bath room toiletries were skimpy ... no second shower for the soap & shampoo would be gone. One of the telephones didn't work and to be charged for Internet access in this day and age is truly a nickel/dime move. One can only surmise Westin is counting pennies. Best part...the staff, the young woman who checked us in couldn't even find Boston Garden on the map. She wasn't even familiar with the Garden (Sorry sports fans). Needless to say, the show we were going to see never even registered on her radar. Westin ~ perhaps a geographic and historic indoctrination for front desk personnel may be called for...most likely tourists would benefit.

Room Tip: Harbor view is always enjoyable.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. While I was disappointed to read your comments, I will share them with the appropriate staff members in order to improve upon our services where necessary.
Broomfield, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had previously stayed at the Westin Waterfront on business, and decided to book it for a leisure trip for my son and I. While the hotel and room were nice enough, we did feel more out of place, especially as a pharmaceutical convention was going on at the adjacent convention center. Our room overlooked the air conditioning and piping ducts of the hotel, and we could see only a small slice of the harbor. The room itself was nice and consistent with the Westin brand. I did request a refrigerator upon check-in for insulin, but it took an inordinately long time for it to arrive. We did have breakfast in the restaurant (Sauceity) one morning, but service was extremely slow and our order not correct. Yes, this Westin is outside the downtown area, but the nearby T-stop is a short walk, and we navigated the subway system quite easily. I would probably book a more leisure business hotel the next time around.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a harborside room for a better view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time share your experience. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is slightly out of town but is only a 10 mins walk fr south station. Our room 1528 is a good size for our 4 day stay,what i like about the hotel is the little things like complementary bottles of water,star bucks in your room and a bottle of bubbly for our honeymoon! There have been a few comments about wifi but it is free in the lobby so not to much of an issue for us.

Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for posting your review. I hope you had a fabulous honeymoon and will return to stay with us on your next trip to our great city.
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed here recently and want to say that I loved my room, which was comfortable and clean, but that I hated the location. It is great if you are at a conference at the Convention Center, but otherwise it feels very isolated, especially at night. There is a lot of building going on and so I expect that this will change within the next couple years, but right now going out for dinner requires you walk about 4 blocks to a cluster of restaurants along the waterfront, or get a cab. There are some business buildings nearby, but after 5:00 there's not much foot traffic in the area. I had a dinner reservation at a seafood restaurant on the waterfront and asked at the bell stand for directions and was handed a poorly copied map of the area and told the directions were all there, which they were not. There were several bellmen standing at the stand and they weren't busy so there was no good reason for the rudeness.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was disappointed to read your comments with regard to our staff since we pride ourselves on treating our guests in a pleasant, professional manner at all times. I will share your experience with the appropriate Department Heads to be addressed with the entire team. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.
Campton, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I had tickets for Sting at the Boston outdoor Pavilion. This was a great location. Easy to walk to the venue, reasonable city self parking and very close to the T for next day activities. Very professional check in. Clean and comfortable room with a lovely rain shower-head. I arrived hungry with little time for adventure. The hotel restaurant offered fine fare at reasonable city prices. Easy access off of I-93. Would we stay there again? Absolutely!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was delighted to read your comments and I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Boston.
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the third time recently. My other stays were several years ago, just after it opened. This hotel is right next to the Convention Center, in a part of Boston that has been developed in recent years, Other reviewers have implied that it is far from the action. Not really. There are some restaurants close to the hotel, and the shopping and dining areas of Back Bay are a short cab ride away. There is also a "T" stop just across a short bridge from the hotel where you can catch public transportation that will take you anywhere in the city very quickly. The hotel itself is lively with a large, attractively decorated lobby with a Starbucks, lobby bar, gift shop and restaurant. The room I was assigned to was attractively decorated with the famously comfortable Westin bed. The real differentiator here is the staff: everyone I came into contact with - from room service delivery to front desk to concierge - was prompt, friendly and professional. Major praise to whoever selects and trains this staff: they are doing a lot of things just right.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for recognizing our hardworking staff. We pride ourselves on providing top notch customer service and your comments are a true testament to that. We hope you will consider staying with us on your next trip to Boston.