“Location location location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Location location location”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

For me it is always about location. I need stuff near me. This hotel is really out on the edge for me in the waterfront area. I really didn't like the location at all. I asked one of the staff what was there to do near the hotel. NOTHING was the reply.
There was a convention going on in the hotel so the public areas were very crowded. Also because of this convention there was no buffet breakfast available ??? We opted to venture into Boston instead of going down the a la carte route. Nor we're we going to have room service with a $4 service charge 18% gratuity and local taxes thrown on top of that. You really are limited in this location as there are no eateries around. If you walk for about 20/25 minutes you hit Boston proper. Lots of places to eat there.
Also you will come across a huge Macy's. Remember if you are a non American go to the visitors centre and show either a passport or drivers licence to get your 10% discount card.
Anyhow all in all the staff are pleasant. The gym is small but good equipment. Nice pool also. The housekeeping staff are a bit loud and chatty as they go about their work and I kept hearing flushing toilets for some reason. The let down for me though is I really didn't like the area.$15 dollars in a cab to downtown Boston we were told by the doorman. Ok walk in the summer sun but in the cold and certainly at night I wouldn't walk around.
On the other side of the bridge is the local underground system ( the T ). If you need it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for posting your review. While I was disapppointed to read your comments about our location, perhaps your next visit will allow time to visit the many attractions in the area such as the Children's Museum, The Institute of Contemporary Art and the Aquarium. There are also many restaurants within walking distance and many new ones opening in the near future. We hope you will consider staying with us on your next trip to Boston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ladera Ranch, California
Reviewed June 16, 2013

just spent the night there on the way to cape cod. nice attentive staff and we ate at the breakfast buffet and it was worth it. ate a late dinner at the in house restraunt that is a better sports bar i am guessing but the clam chowder was quite good and the steak was done right as well. the service in the restraunt was excellent and the place was packed with hockey fans so it could have been a slow night service wise but it wasnt.

Room Tip: we were on the top floor and even the city view was a nice one
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Although you were only with us 1 night, I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate the feedback.
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed at the Westin for a recent business conference. I was a bit disappointed in the location, as the hotel isn't right downtown. However, I loved the chic lobby with an open bar, large gym, and delicious food. Actually, my colleague and I complimented the catering manager for the conference because we felt it was some of the best food we've ever been served at a conference or tradeshow. The red velvet cupcakes were especially delicious. The hotel seems pretty new. I've had really good experience at this Westin and a few others on business as they tend to have healthy food options (like the blueberry banana smoothing at breakfast) and large gyms, so I feel like I can maintain my fitness level and healthy lifestyle while on the road.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful comments you had for our hotel. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider The Westin Boston Waterfront on your next trip to Boston!
Cupertino, California
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Why excellent price. I booked the room using Hotwire and could get at throw away price even in peak season...

Now, Hotel... Adjoining the BCEC, Its a nice place to be in , Great hude rooms, wonderful bathrooms and I was in 16th room with Sea facing room...

Only issues is, long walk from Lift to the room....

Enjoyed pool and Hot Jacuzzi...... has a starbucks inside.... OJ connerns Bar was awsome...

Great staff specially the concierge desk, Deb and Debilina....

Room Tip: ask for 16th floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and recognizing our hardworking staff members. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you will consider The Westin Boston Waterfront for your next trip to Boston.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Arrived early, and were allowed to check-in; had to change rooms to two queens from one king. No problem for the front desk staff. Demagnetized our room key twice; no problem for security to meet us at the room. WiFi service was expensive in the room; no problem head down to lobby. Need to print a boarding pass; no problem, boarding pass printing is free in the business office. Price was expensive but not compared to other Boston area hotels. We really enjoyed our stay and will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the posting your review. I enjoyed reading your comments and look forward to your next stay with us. We appreciate your feedback.
South Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Hard to find any top hotel near downtown in summer for less than $200 p/night so I was happy to find this place through Hotwire. My wife and I had just gotten off the Norwegian Dawn from Bermuda and were given a room at 10am...long before the listed check-in of 3pm. We also found the quality of the beds/bedding to be top notch and very comfortable. Convenient parking below hotel. Did not eat at the hotel restaurants but Starbucks in lobby was fine.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind comments you had for our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and hope your trip to Bermuda was fantastic.
NEW YORK
Reviewed June 10, 2013

- look at the photos, the evidence on how Starwood undercut this hopeful new hotel.. It's pretty much a holiday inn for the rooms. The gym and lobby are up to par. I think this property was intended for something else' see the steel closet door photo. Shocking they let this slide.

- low water pressure on shower and sink.

- no westin dream bed here.. 2 firm double beds.

- dark hallways no windows

- air conditioning only can be set down to 65 degrees

- barebones sums it up..

1 Thank australia3491
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Although I was disappointed to read your comments, Trip Advisor is a wonderful tool for guests to voice their opinions and we appreciate the feedback. I will share your concerns about the low water pressure with our Engineering Department.