The Westin Boston Waterfront
$251
$238
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Boston Marriott Copley Place(Boston)(Great Value!)
$260
  • Restaurant
Omni Parker House(Boston)(Great Value!)
$199
$275
$243
$327
$296
Fairmont.com
$242
  • Pool
Kimpton Onyx Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
$226
$183
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Boston Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
$322
$281
$160
Travelocity
2,816 results
All reviewsconvention centercomedy clubsilver lineirish pubheavenly bedcity barboston waterfrontattending a conferencesouth stationthe world trade centerclose to the airportcab ridelarge hotellogan airportrestaurants and barsconcierge deskpublic transportation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I've stayed in Westins before and usually have a great experience-accommodations, service, dining options, etc. I would have given a perfect score from amenities to service if not for the unsatisfactory parking experience I had.

Overall my stay was going well until having to deal with parking. If you are sharing a room a with coworker and have two cars, be prepared for an unfavorable, unaccommodating and unhappy experience getting them in and out. They have the most backward process you could imagine if you have two cars billed to the same room.

You did get unlimited in and out privileges of the garage with swiping your room card. The dumb part is that it works for only one of the cards. The computer system they have only allows one card to work for one car when getting in and out despite being billed for two cars. Instead you have to deal with the first car getting out conveniently while you have to use the call box to get your second car in our out. The parking vendor is clearly incompetent because it takes forever to get in and out. Meanwhile you have a ton of aggravated people behind you waiting to get out. Completely necessary when you factor in the cost to stay here.

I told they front desk that my coworker and I were sharing a room and we needed both our room keys to be activated where we can have in and out privileges. I kept getting bounce between the parking vendor and the front desk. When I asked what solution do I have, I was met with, "I don't know," "you need to talk to parking/front desk,"we can't do anything about it."

Really? We spend over $700 at the hotel and that's the best you can do?

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for posting your review. I'm terribly sorry about the issues you encountered with parking and I have shared your comments with the Manager of the Parking Garage to rectify the situation for future guests. I was happy to read that your experience was otherwise enjoyable. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will visit again in the future.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

A one night stay with no problems and an attentive staff. Checked in with no problem and found the room clean and inviting with a beautiful view of the city from the 13th floor. The gym was nicely outfitted and clean. We received comprehensive recommendations from the concierge who directed us to some restaurants within walking distance on the waterfront. All in all a great stay, I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Request a high floor for beautiful views of the city
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the wonderful comments you had for our hotel. I was happy to read that your stay was enjoyable and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

good location....walking distance to waterfront.....easy access to airport for overnight stays....good service....reasonable prices.......westin beds are terrific for comfort.......easy check out in early AM

Room Tip: ask for a view of the harbor...on an upper floor....
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review. I was delighted to read your comments and hope you will consider staying with us on your next trip to Boston.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

went with my family for a conference and holiday.
Great location
Easy transportation options nearby.
Helpful concierge
Starbucks in lobby if this attracts you.
The Irish bar was disappointing from a food perspective.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Good morning, thank you for the kind words you had for our hotel. Your comments concerning the food at M.J. O'Connor's will be shared the Manager of that establishment. We realize you have many hotel options in the city and we thank you for choosing The Westin Boston Waterfront.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We usually very much enjoy Westins but there were several issues during our stay. Pleasant enough in terms of room (good view of city over the convention centre, nice pool/hot tub which were empty when we were there, free WIFI in lobby) but terrible food services at the medical conference (people were still talking about the inedible chicken and mousse days later, the fact that 10% of attendees did not have seating at lunch, and the ornery servers who served chamomile tea instead of black tea at lunch and then told their fellow servers to "deal with it because they were too busy"). Also, the layout as a conference venue is poor as conference rooms are on opposite ends of the hotel. The beds did not seem to be as comfortable as other heavenly beds at other Westins. The water pressure in the bathroom was poor. The location is in the upcoming Seaport but there are limited dining options (Salvatore's pizza was good; Legal SeaFoods was dissappointing) and the 2 evening restaurants serve the same food but with difference ambiance. The food in MJ's was quite good (American food). We had brunch in Sauciety in the hotel and this was good too (13-14$ for eggs your way with meat/toast/fruit) and we would recommend this instead of the buffet. Try Deux-ave for the best meal in town. Free transfer from the airport to the hotel using Boston's Silver Line - get off at first stop World Trade Centre, go up escalator and walk across the footbridge to the hotel (3 minutes). We used Upper Deck Trolleys (Green Yellow bus) to tour the city as it stops at the hotel and offers a multi day pass. The concierge was not that friendly in helping us book this. We appreciated the robe but there was only 1 in the room and I agree that sometimes it takes a while for Service Express to pick up the phone when you call then for other items (like robe, body wash). If you are visiting Boston and want a central location, don't select the waterfront. But if you want a more affordable, clean, 4* quality option (we Hotwired and it was just less than $200) or conference, then this hotel might be a consideration.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. While I was disappointed to read your comments, your feedback will allow us to improve upon our services going forward. I will share your review with the appropriate Department Heads to be addressed with the entire team. Thank you.