“Exceptional service.”

The Westin Boston Waterfront
Ranked #37 of 85 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I just returned home from a visit to Boston for a gaming convention and had the pleasure to stay at the Westin Boston Waterfront. The rooms were excellent and well cared for and I appreciated the "going green" measures that were not only available, but recommended as well.

I'd especially like to call out the staff of the City Bar for handling an immense, and maybe a little out of the norm for this venue, crowd with courtesy and aplomb. In the midst of an onslaught of nerds they were friendly and efficient!

All in all, I must say that I'm looking forward to my stay again next year.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michael B
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for such a fabulous review. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,745)

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Excellent service. Clean, quiet, comfortable rooms. Comfortable bed. Nice bathroom with good personal care products. Adequate to good on-site restaurants (important if it's snowing and 0F outside). Right next to the convention centre, so extremely convenient. The property is not in the downtown area, but is close to the Silver Line, and if you're ambitious and it's not February, the walk to downtown is very nice.

1  Thank TaraSmith_AL

Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights four days on a business event. The standard room was large enough with a very comfortable bed and quiet air conditioning.
We did not used the restaurant but were catered for 3 times a day during the event.
The food was good albeit very rich in sugar and sweets, not really well balanced with a distinct lack of vegetables, diaries and proteins.
The staff was helpful, I used the concierge and dry cleaning who were very polite and efficient.
The room was cleaned properly without fuss every day.
Being attached to a conference center and close to the airport makes this a very convenient hotel for business purpose.

2  Thank ArnaudGagneux
Donna F, Executive Assistnat at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for posting your review. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments concerning the catered meals with our Culinary Team for consideration in the future. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Connected to convention center which was a huge bonus in January! (If you need another close by place reco the Renaissance is great too). Gym was nice, breakfast was good, rooms were clean. Would stay again.
As you may know the food in Boston is great! For dessert you must go to mikes pastry!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelQueen1313

Thank you for posting your review with such wonderful comments. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I am vegan. From a food perspective, it can be challenging traveling a lot. Definitely not the case at the Westin Boston Waterfront.

I happened to run into Sammy (Director of Operations) when hungry around lunch time. The restaurant that was open at the time did not have anything on the menu that fit my needs well. He went way above and beyond by going into the hotel's kitchen and asking the chef to pull something vegan together for me. The food (gnocchi with a side of broccolini) was very tasty, as was the bread and hummus that he brought as an appetizer. Even better than the food was the service and how welcoming he was. Sammy may have very well written the guide to superior service with his incredible attention to detail. He made sure that everything was perfect.

The entire management team from the GM (David, thanks) to Sammy to Alex to the Head Chef make a point of caterting to everyone's specific needs--food or otherwise. One of the best parts about it, is that gluten-free, or vegetarian, or vegan, or whatever it might be is not treated as a special request. They actually make a point of having regular menu options available so that you (I) don't feel like I have to order something from the menu then remove a bunch of ingredients while still paying the same price.

I have stayed at many Starwood properties across the world. The service has never been better than it was at the Westin Boston Waterfront.

It may sound like I word for the property, but I don't. I have very high expectations. I share the good and the bad. This experience was top notch.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful comments you had for our property. I was excited to read that our team was able to accomodate your vegan meal request. I would also like to thank you for recognizing Sammy and David. We take great pride in providing top notch customer service to all of our guests and your comments serve to prove what a fantastic team we have here at The Westin Boston Waterfront. We hope you will consider staying with us on your next trip to Boston.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My company put me here for 2 weeks, and I was delighted as soon as I walked in the beautiful lobby. It is ridiculously close to the airport, but still walking distance to the entire city. I spent all my free time in Boston walking. This area is up and coming, so there are awesome, awesome things to do in the area if you know who to ask & where to look! Also, there are 3 bars! Which is fantastic when you are exhausted from working all day and do not feel like going out. Other hotels I have traveled to for business I had to stay at for 2 days, and was already dissatisfied. At the Westin Waterfront, I could have LIVED here, no joke. Customer service AMAZING, on all levels, restaurants, bars and front desk. Just a Grade A, wonderful experience. Without this place I don't think I would have had such a great, immersive experience in Beantown.

Room Tip: The view overlooking the city & convention center would be great, but the convention center is b...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank for for the fantastic review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to hosting you in the future.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

These people know how to do comfort, dining and service. After a bad experience in New York city we headed to Boston to ring in the new year. Having stayed at the Westin Waterfront many times before, I knew what to expect. Well, I certainly did not expect that our room was not ready. That was odd. Much to my surprise we were upgraded to the PRESIDENTIAL SUITE! There is simply no way one could ever stay in any other room in any other hotel after that! It's GI-NORMOUS! Beautiful and with views that will take your breath far far away. We opted out of pub crawl partying and opted to order a lovely room service dinner, complete with champagne toast in our room. It was divine. The food from room service is hot and delicious. The lobby bar has great drinks and great food. The on site pub gives you all you need to know about Boston with their amazing clam chowder, fish and chips and great selection of beer. Only a few blocks away is the harbor area with great restaurants as well. Easy access to Boston Commons and other historical sites too! Don't get me wrong. I've stayed in other rooms at this hotel which were wonderful too. I just got a little spoiled after this awesome upgrade!

Room Tip: If you are an SPG member you will be upgraded. Pray for the Presidential Suite! All rooms on all flo...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank E M
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review. I was delighted to read your experience was beyond fabulous. Our entire team takes great pride in providing top notch customer service to all of our guests and your comments only prove what a fantastic team we have in place. I hope you will consider The Westin Boston Waterfront for your future trips to Boston.