“Nice hotel”

The Westin Boston Waterfront
Ranked #40 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went to Boston for the first time for a weekend trip. This hotel was nice and delivered on expectations.

Pros- Very clean. Nice, "hip" lobby with modern setup and Starbucks downstairs. Friendly staff. Rooms were spacious, clean and we were given a very nice room with view of the harbor. Nice location if you want to walk the waterfront area. 10 minute drive from airport. Always cab or transportation in front of hotel.

Con- Only con would be that hotel is a little more south than I would have liked. Cab rides to Fenway and Cambridge area were a bit expensive. However, for a major city, Boston is very easy to get around.

Overall a very nice experience and recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the tim to post your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to hosting you in the future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

From the valet/door staff to room housekeepers, staff did everything they could to make us comfortable and happy. We stayed four nights for the Arisia convention. As volunteers in various con departments and wth me as a program panelist and publisher's representative, our party saw every aspect of the hotel's functions. The sleeping room was clean and well appointed with comfy beds and pillows. Where the system fell down was that for 3 guests there were 2 sets of towels, glasses, etc. The cot provided was dusty along its base and had no pillows or extra blankets. The fridge provided was set directly on the carpet so the door was difficult to open. Each of these issues was addressed promptly by housekeeping staff after a phone call to Service Express. We imagine the breakdown was somewhere between the front desk and whoever writes the plans for setting up the rooms for non-standard parties. Throughout the long weekend, staff were responsive, friendly and actually fun to work with. I ate in the lobby restaurant twice and once the server was gruff and indifferent and the other time Jennifer was exceptionally bright and enhanced our dining experience (late at night). The food was also variable. Because this hotel is off in a warehouse district by a convention center, there are few eateries nearby. The restaurants on-site only compete with delivery services, so maybe they are less concerned about value for the money because they have a captive audience. In January in Boston, I'm not hitting the streets so I accepted the drafty, noisy lounge restaurant. I would not go there for fun if we were in the area. Altogether, we had a good experience and look forward to returning for Arisia 2014.

Room Tip: Rooms on the odd-number side have a south-east over the harbor and out to the ocean with some mornin...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and recognize our hardworking staff during the Arisia conference. I was happy to read you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you again in 2014.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

This being a Westin hotel, I expected a certain level of service, and being disabled, I present certain difficulties anywhere I stay, I was in the hotel working a Sci-Fi convention, and hadn't actually booked a room in advance, being on crutches, I figured the chances of me getting a room that accessible, was a long shot, never mind getting the convention discount, I was wrong on both counts, the young lady at the reservation desk performed a minor miracle, finding me both a accessible room, and a great rate(actually better than the convention rate! LOL) The room was immaculate, and the bed was the most comfortable thing I've ever laid my body on, I splurged, and actually had the breakfast buffet both mornings I stayed, at $23, it was a little steep, but the buffet itself was extensive, with the best scrambled eggs I've had in years, accompanied by some amazing sausage links, and fresh squeezed orange juice, it more than made up for the sticker shock! All in all, my stay was wonderful.....UNTIL I went to retrieve my car from the parking garage, they refused to honor my validation from the restaurant, giving me the excuse that I was more than two hours...blah blah blah, and the girl working the window was like a horse with a kickstand, nothing worse than someone who speaks broken English, being condescending, AND useless! $82 dollars for two nights!! Never again, this ruined an otherwise flawless stay, and cost them the extra star! lol my advice is to take a cab, and use the money you save on parking, for the breakfast buffet! LOL

Room Tip: Find parking close by for less, their garage is a ripoff! Ask for a room away from the garage area...
1  Thank pyrate_by_trade
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I loved (past tense) this hotel. It is conveniently located very close to a major meeting location for the World Trade Center meeting venue for our annual scientific meeting. The staff is very courteous and professional. The only issue is that every year we come here they have a SciFi convention. The convention is very cute and the people dressing up like Chubaka are delightful. Unfortunately the guests make it take forever to get an elevator, and they are having parties all night long. I need to get my sleep, and there are constantly people giggling, running, and making loud noises in the hallways all night long. While I might still recommend this hotel, I would not stay here during this convention unless you don't want to fall asleep until 4 am.

2  Thank ckckckckckck
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. Your feedback is appreciated.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Overall, pretty decent a hotel, and they took care of my Platinum upgrades and all, but what's up with that Platinum breakfast benefit? Can it include more that a couple of muffins, granola and a smoothie? Can I please have a choice of eggs, meat and other stuff that I can mix and match, and not limit me to strange low cost selections?

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for posting your review. Your comments will be shared with our Food and Beverage Department for consideration. We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Overnight stay as a birthday celebration in Boston. Although we did not go to the Convention Center it is next door. We took cabs to get to Downtown, because a person in the party had a handicap. The Silver Line runs nearby. Big, spacious hotel with great service. Felt very welcome.

Room Tip: We used our Starwood Points and had no problem getting a room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for the kind comments you had for our property in your review. We appreciate the feedback and hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Its just like another star business hotel. Great location if walking is what u love the most. Wi Fi is available only in the lobby which is an issues sometimes. The staff is courteous and hospitable. the walk around the hotel till the city's main attraction is fun in the evenings.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for posting your review. I was happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and hope you will consider staying with us in the future.