“Nice!”

The Westin Boston Waterfront
Ranked #39 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Its just like another star business hotel. Great location if walking is what u love the most. Wi Fi is available only in the lobby which is an issues sometimes. The staff is courteous and hospitable. the walk around the hotel till the city's main attraction is fun in the evenings.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for posting your review. I was happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel to celebrate my 2 year anniversary. The staff was very nice. The king size bed was so comfortable as was the temperature in the room. Sharon the concierge helped set up a massage with Rolling River Massage Therapy. The therapists that came to give use massages were great. Maria and Nanda were very nice and gave us a great deep tissue massage without a lot of chatting. It felt even better than the spa because we were able to crawl into bed afterwards!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank crose0704

Thank you for posting your review and for recognizing our associate, Sharon. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service possible and Sharon is a great asset to our team. I hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

The location is so close to the airport. Everything was clean and new. Room service was very good. If you like Westin this one is up to par. The beds are very comfortable. I would stay here again next early flight.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was excited to stay at the Boston Westin Waterfront hotel, but left feeling a bit disappointed. We were surprised by the $35 parking fee. When we got to the lobby we were shocked by how quiet it was. There was no one around. The lobby bar was empty and the restaurant was dead. We felt that we were the only people staying at this large hotel. The room was small, but nice as was the pool. All the area bars and restaurants are a few blocks away. In warmer weather I wouldn't mind the walk but it was cold and snowing, so we took a cab to dinner. Overall, I was underwhelmed by this place. I'm sure it's convenient if you are attending a convention, but apart from that I would not stay here. There are better hotels in better locations. Also, we were charged twice for the parking and I had to call three times to get this resolved which was annoying.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mmm143
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for posting your review. You did stay with us during a quiet time of the year over the holidays so that would explain why you felt the hotel was empty. I hope you will give us another chance to host you in the future. We would welcome the opportunity to provide a more enjoyable experience for your next visit to Boston.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Overall a fine establishment. Stayed during a holiday week for an overnight escape. No issues with service, room, beds, cleanliness and open areas. Starbucks was closed but the hotel did put out complementary beverages in the AM. As another guest mentioned, no bill under the door but as the week was quiet, with nothing happening at the conference center, there was no wait to check out. Weather was not cooperating for exploring by foot but we hope to visit again during warmer months. SPG member so I was able to split payment with points for an exceptional value.

Room Tip: East side will have view of ocean and airport. High floors.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will return in the future.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We arrived for 4 days over Christmas, and inasmuch as there are no conventions/conferences/whatever going on next door, this was a very quiet place. But there were other ramifications. The restaurants and bars had gone away for the week. Our only breakfast choice was the originally planned as elegant 'Sauciety' on the reception level, which opened at 6:30 a.m. and which offered oatmeal at $10 per serving. Our room was unremarkable, the wifi connection to the computer was broken, but fortunately we had our own in our bag. The toiletries were fine.
But there is a gimmick they advertise largely in posters throughout the lobby... save the world by opting not to use all the water/electricity/detergent/what have you and hang out the 'green world' tag on your door and thus not have your room serviced that day, for a $5 credit at 'participating food and beverages in the hotel.' Sure enough, we hung out the tag before 2 a.m. and at 4 ish were awakened by the sound of stuff sliding under our room door. It turned out to be our hang-tag and the $5 credit card. At reception that morning, I inquired if we could perhaps be given two coffee tubs as we weren't having the room serviced. NO, that is part of servicing the room. Note we'd only gotten 1 decaf coffee tub anyway, although 2 regular tubs. Okay. Finding after the fact that there were precious few options to use our card, we nevertheless opted on our 3rd night to again try to save the world. No under the door return of hangtag or card, so that morning inquired and were rather abruptly given our second card. And of course no more decaf coffee tubs. Having read in the guest services booklet provided in our room to expect our bill under the door on our final morning, we were a little surprised that nothing appeared. Checkout was a charming experience. 'How was your stay?' 'Well, this discount thing for saving the world was a little disappointing. We tried to use the cards in the Irish pub accessible from your lobby (because the City Bar was closed for the week) and they were declined.' 'The Sauciety accepts the card' 'But it won't open for another half hour.' 'You could have used them for room service' 'The card doesn't say that' 'Well, I know that', yeah, great. I explained we'd expected an under the door bill to examine. 'We don't do that anymore.' 'But your guest services book says you do.' 'Well, it's outdated.' I guess that was something else he knew. He explained we could apply those dollars to our Starwood account and I noted that we were not Starwood members. 'But you're on the Starwood Floor!' 'Is that my fault???' 'Would you like to sign up for Starwood?' 'Do I sound like I want to?' To his credit he asked 'How can we make this better for you?' Citing the life-size posters promoting the 'save the world' deal, I asked why we simply couldn't be credited $5 each day we declined all the terribly costly room servicing, but I don' t think he was really listening by then.

Room Tip: Well, if you'd like to look out onto the building with flats at 437 D Street, Room 1513 is just...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank narrowboatersia

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review. I was very disappointed to read your comments and I hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves. Please contact me directly at donna.frechette@westin.com so that I can better understand why we did not meet your expectations. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I have stayed in December at the Westin Waterfront. Very nice and helpfull staff.
The (bath) rooms are spacious and very clean. If the cleaning lady will be able to get hold on you she will ask you if you need anything extra. That was so nice. And the toiletries are very nice and good quality too!
And then the beds, the heavenly beds...I loved it! It was so nice to sleep in that bed that I am ready to buy it for my own house as well.

Thank you Westin Waterfront for the nice stay. Your staff does an excellent job!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SelviS84

Thank you for the kind comments you had for our property. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to hosting you in the future.