“Clean, modern and right next to convention center”

The Westin Boston Waterfront
Ranked #39 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pacifica, California
“Clean, modern and right next to convention center”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Had a great welcome experience at the Westin. Loved the high ceilings and how open the whole lobby is. It's a really busy, happening hotel.

I appreciated that there was wall to ceiling window in the room, made the room look much bigger than it was. Otherwise, it's a typical Westin room, with the usual amenities, minus the bath gel. I noticed that hotels don't provide that anymore. I had to call housekeeping to get it.

I appreciated that they had a refrigerator in the room.

I agree with the other posts parking and service for all the ancillary services were up there. If I wasn't traveling for business, I would not be spending much money at the hotel.

I must commend the quality of the food and beverage offerings and quality at their various restaurants. Boston has wonderful restaurants and normally, I'm not crazy about hotel food. Their lobster roll, salads, soups and dessert were right up there with some culinary restaurants in Boston.

All in all... a nice clean, modern hotel... nothing to brag about.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
ExecutiveAssistant32, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for providing such positive feedback and I hope you will consider staying at The Westin Boston Waterfront on your next trip to the East Coast.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
NYC
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The location is excellent, a stone's throw from the airport=- directly across from the best seafood shacks, Overall just a great place. A nice feeling of spaciousness pervades the whole complex. The lobby is especially appealing, bright airy , serene- with fresh coffee at the shop in the hotel lobby. The rooms are nice, clean and modern.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind comments you had for our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Like most Westins, you have very nice decor, very zen, very clean. The price is what brought me here. The location is a bit far, so walking was a bit much. WHat we saved on the room, we ended up spending in taxis. We did enjoy the pub in the lobby and the breakfast restaurant. It was more by necessity than choice given that others were too far away.

• Stayed September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post such valuable feedback. I hope we get the opportunity to host you in the future.
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Not really a family hotel, although they try. There were plenty of families staying there though. Easy to get to destinations. But it is a longer walk than it looks to get to Quincy Market or Aquarium.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for providing your feedback. While it is a pleasant walk to Faneuil Hall, we also provide complimentary shuttle service to that locattion. Perhaps you can take advantage of that feature on your next trip to Boston.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 11, 2011

This is wonderful place to stay for the most part. Away from the hectic big city by about a mile it was a great place to stay after a long day of work. Over all the staff was very helpful especially he front desk, bar staff, and 2/3 of the concierge. This is where the one big issue comes in. I had my fiancé fly up for the weekend while I was on business and had booked her a trolley tour on Friday. When she went down to the concierge desk that morning to find out where to go she was met with a very rude concierge named Deb. She gave her very little info on where to find the trolley nor the next approximate time of the trolley arriving. This was very upsetting to us as she was alone for the day and this did not exactly start off the day on the right foot. Unfortunately this really tarnished the my opinion of what was otherwise a great 10 day stay. The only reason I gave it four stars is due to the service and helpfulness of the other employees.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I will share your comments with Debra's immediate Supervisor since we expect our guests to be treated in a friendly, professional manner by all hotel associates. If you would contact me directly, I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you to receive additional feedback. We look forward to hosting you in the future as well.
Media, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 8, 2011

This Westin has everything I count on during a hotel stay: Clean rooms, modern, well kept furniture and nicely appointed fabrications, a workout room and pool and a great location. The beds? Deliciously comfortable. The pillows? Most excellent choices of two densities (soft or firm) for each person.

There's nothing not to like about this Westin. It's gorgeous and well thought out. Our encounters with hotel staff were positive. I really liked the bank of six elevators. No waiting!

It was a good 20 minute walk to downtown, but the walk is picturesque. However, families with young children may want to think whether they want to schlep that much. Of course, there are buses and taxis queued outside. We took a taxi from the hotel to Boston Garden and it cost $12-15. A taxi to South Station subway was $5.

There are other sites within a ten minute walk including Boston Harbor, Seaport Blvd. with it's varied restaurant offerings, Black Falcon Cruise Terminal (check out the cruise ships.) and the Bank of America Pavilion where we took in a concert on evening spur of the moment.

The views of downtown are quite impressive from the hotel.

This was a great hotel experience for us and I'd go back again.

Room Tip: I called the hotel 2 days before arrival to check bed type. Asked for a different set-up which they...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
I was delighted to read the wonderful comments you had for our hotel and we look forward to hosting you in the future.
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 7, 2011

This was a nice business hotel but the staff is like robots. No warm and fuzzy feeling here! We had 2 free nights here with our credit card points. We would not have paid the high price if we were paying. They also charge $32 per day parking and $12 per day WiFi. If you keep your car in parking lot more than 24 hour the last day, they charge you extra. It was an easy and safe walk to Fanueil Hall and restaurants. I felt safe even at night. We had a fire alarm at 1:30 a.m. Woke up to loud beep and then announcement to stay in room with door closed. No mention of fire, bomb, gunman. We had no idea what was up. I don't like not having a choice in my destiny. I need more info. Found out the next a.m. that a drunk pulled the fire alarm. We didn't get any kind of satisfaction from the desk at check out.

Room Tip: Be prepared to pay extra for everything
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple