Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
David S
New York City, New York

Great Morning Run!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 30, 2011
In addition to the clean, modern facilities, the Westin set itself apart for me via the fabulous 6:30AM running tour of the city that Bridget and Paul offered while I was there. I had a great time, got to know a little about the city, and got my morning run in all at the same time.
Trip type: Traveled on business
3.5 miles from The Westin Boston Seaport District
Free parking
View more hotels in Boston
3,661 results
All reviews convention center birch bar comedy club irish pub silver line heavenly bed lobby bar south station large hotel close to the airport seaport district restaurants and bars the north end starbucks conference waterfront kenny
Selected filters
Reviewed August 29, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on a trip to Boston. The hotel is located out of downtown next to the exhibition centre. The distance from downtown is however limited and a 5min walk brings you to the tram/train hub from where you can get to downtown in about 20 minutes. The price we got here was also quite a bit lower than for a same level hotel downtown. Additional advantage is that it only takes 10 mins by bus to the airport.

The hotel itself was very nice: a large and modern lobby in the typical Westin style, the rooms are very well appointed with amazing beds (very comfortable!), and we had a great city view (ask for higher floors: we were on 15th).

The indoor pool is great as is the gym: Westin gyms are in general nice, but this one stands out.

The staff was friendly and did what they could to make our stay comfortable.

Overall a very good stay and would recommend this place any time.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ExecutiveAssistant32, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at The Westin Boston Seaport District, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate the feedback and hope you will consider The Westin Boston Waterfront in the future.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

Great place to stay, convenient and within walking distance to some great seafood restaurants. Concierge extremely helpful. It's right on the route of the hop on and off sightseeing tours. It may be convention hotel but guest rooms quiet and customer service is outstanding.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Boston.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

This was everything you would expect from a Westin. Beautiful hotel, good food, good service, and great proximity to the Convention Center, which is why I was there.

If you like to run, be sure to ask the concierge for a trail map. They had a credit card sized map that you could follow so you weren't stuck in the gym or worried about getting lost on a run. This was a true differentiator for me!

Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please consider staying at The Westin Boston Waterfront for your next stay and ask about our Running Concierge where we encourage guests to join our friendly, outgoing associates for a morning run along the historic waterfront. It has proven to be very popular and our repeat guests look forward to it every time they return to Boston.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

I came up to Boston to see a Yankees vs Red Sox game and stayed at this Hotel. I got a good deal by paying in full up front to get a 10% discount. The hotel was very big, clean, modern and comfortable. The only downside was that it was not walking distance to Quincy Market, but only a 5 min cab ride. They had underground parking that was safe and close. It is a convention center hotel but suited my needs being that my stay was only one night.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I was recently at the Westin Waterfront for a business conference. The front desk check in was swift and pleasant. We arrived early (way before the 3pm check in time) and the room was ready for us! We unloaded the luggage and then proceeded in to Boston by Silver Line (which is VERY convenient to the hotel) and subway, had lunch, shopped, and just walked around Boston. The room was large enough for two adults. There were two beds (as requested) and a nice HDTV, and a computer desk with high-speed (wired) internet in the room (included in the price of the convention rate). When we came back, I asked for a refrigerator to be brought to the room. I was told it would be "right up", if they had any left. Within 15 minutes of getting back to the room, I had a refrigerator! The toiletries were plentiful, and there is a safe in the room (big enough for a 15 inch laptop, but not much room left). There is a single-cup coffee/tea maker and that was perfect for me. The beds were big enough, and there were definitely enough covers. The only complaint would be for the pillows. I was there for two nights and I didn't find a pillow that was perfect for me. One wasn't enough but two were too much. Maybe with another couple of nights, I might have found the right one (there were a lot to choose from). Everyone I encountered was pleasant and seemed to like working there. The location was convenient, as I take public transportation (other people at the convention were mentioning walking a mile from the "cheaper" parking and that the hotel wasn't close to downtown Boston). I enjoyed the stay. I did wonder about the option to forgo housekeeping in exchange for $50 credit for another stay (or some SPG points), but I needed new towels (and shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion, of course!) and wanted someone to empty the trash each day. The front desk/check-in area is not well marked. We took a guess since a couple of people were in line with luggage. Also, the luggage check area was a guess and the concierge had a very small sign on the desk next to the pamphlets for area attractions. The biggest sign we saw was for the company the conference was for! I would stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business