“Cheap,tasty!!A good choice for Korean food!”
Review of Color - CLOSED

Color
Cuisines: Asian
Neighborhood: Allston / Brighton
Neighborhood: Allston / Brighton
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Paris
Reviewed November 13, 2007

Cheap,tasty!!A good choice for Korean food!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed October 27, 2007

Just home from a year in Korea, I was very excited when my girlfriend
and i stumbled upon this heavily Korean area of Brighton. I glowingly
pushed us through the door despite her look of unease, at having heard stories of Dog Soup and Live Octopus.

Colors, though, is very welcoming with its bright walls and smiling staff. Don't be put off by the lack of English menu outside, they have them inside, And its quite an impressive menu, with a range of foods wider than any one restaurant in Seoul would have. There are steamed and fried mandu (dumplings). The whole gamut of Korean soups (save the dreaded Bo Shin Tang, so dont worry, your pets are safe). Fried Rices and Rice Omelettes, and of course, Kimbap (Korean roll sushi).

We ordered an absurd amount of food in our (my) excitement, including
Tuna Kimbap, Steamed Mandu, and two orders of my favorite, Dol Sot Bibimbap (Rice, egg, seaweed, veggies, meat, and hot pepper paste in a hot stone bowl). Everything was wonderful, by both my and my girlfriend's standards.

We certainly didnt have room for dessert, but if you do, they even have typical Korean desserts.

The only two things that reminded me I wasnt in Korea: no liquor license means no Soju, and no Korean beer (though no loss there). Also, the pepper paste in the Bibimbap was sweetened quite a bit with
sesame seeds and oil. Never seen that before, and changed the taste quite a bit, but still quite good.

Reviewed November 24, 2006

Color has a large variety of Korean snack foods, on the run foods. they are fast and friendly, and the eat in environment is also great- peppy and fun, a great place for a first date. they also have a great soup menu, but they arent the best if what you are looking for is serious Korean barbecue. I love to drop in on my way home from school - thier prices are super reasonable. don't forget the patbingsoo (korean dessert)!

1  Thank negautrunks