“Nice people, mediocre food”
Review of Nebo

Nebo
Reserve with OpenTable
Nebo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #286 of 3,264 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Opened June 2, 2005, at 90 North Washington Street – nestled between the North End of Boston and the soon-to-be rejuvenated Bullfinch Triangle area – nebo is an upscale pizzeria/enoteca with seating for 105. The stylish décor of all natural wood, stone, and chocolate brown ultrasuede is reminiscent of the cosmopolitan ambiance of Rome and Milan . The white marble bar, complete with plasma TV, is perfect for a post-work bite or beverage. Menu offerings at nebo include traditional Neapolitan pizza; a wide variety of antipasti and bruschette; and a selection of desserts, all made on the premises. Nebo also features a full bar and an extensive wine list, with over 150 selections available by the bottle. Unique to nebo are wines offered by the quartino – presented in individual carafes, they're just enough for those wishing to share a taste.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The interior is very plain and might look like a pizza parlour if the lighting were brighter. The food, even when the elements seem interesting, was invariably disappointing. Flavors did not meld or just did not work. The appetizers were stronger than the main courses. Even the signature zucchini lasagna did not draw enough interest among four people to finish it. The people, though, from the hostess to the waiters, were very friendly and helpful. Perhaps when Nebo moves to nicer digs on the waterfront, the food will make a step upward, too.

There are newer reviews for Nebo

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Everything I Expected-
First off this was my first time dining at this establishment as I had seen it on Bobby Flays show. A negative right off the back was that I had to call three times in order to get a reservation. I don't know if the hostess couldn't handle herself but all said and done, I had made it in. The place is located right near the Garden, so great for pre Bruins or celtics games. The atmosphere is nice and cozy and inviting. I started with the arancinis which surprising shocked me with the great use of honey on the outer shell. Moved on and tried the burata which was perfect, nice and creamy. A suggestion is to order their outstanding bread. Wood fried with a little bit of olive oil. We tried the bolognese pizza which was ok but I would for sure try another one more unique. I am so glad I ordered the veal milinase. 2 lightly pan fried pounded out pieces of meat below a crispy salad of arugula with the freshest, thick, grated parmesan cheese on top. Best meal I have had in a long time. I would probably sit at the bar for my next visit as the wait staff can get a bit pushy/ground roundish.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I had discovered Nebo watching them with Bobby Flay on T.V. I fell in love with the sisters and knew I had to try the vegetable lasagna. It was my last day in the North End (Nebo stands for North End Boston) and I walked over with my kids. I was hoping to meet the owners but they were not in that evening but no biggie as I was just happy to even be there at all! My waiter and hostess were excellent and attentive. I was seated right away because I arrived there when they opened and it was a mid weekday. The restaurant was very busy and noisy but lively and had a great vibe. My kids ate every last drop of their spaghetti and meatballs and calamari and I savored every last molecule of my vegetable lasagna. Wow is all I can say...what a delight. Soon I am going to have another vegetable lasagna here in southern CA. that Giada DeLaurentis recommended and I will compare the two!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have been there several times since my friend took me there for their gluten free menu. The place and the food are amazing. I order off the regular menu and everything I have had so far is suburb. The best is the vergeterian lasagne. I have gone back 3 times in one week for that dish.

You will not be disappointed...

Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I have been coming here for years and have loved it. I was recently diagnosed with celiac disease and was so happy when I saw that Nebo had a gluten free menu. My husband and I always sit at the bar and have found all the bartenders to be helpful and nice. I can go here and get good healthy food or splurge and get comfort food.

Been to Nebo? Share your experiences!