“It was good, but not up to the hype.”
Review of Ashmont Grill

Ashmont Grill
Ranked #619 of 3,229 Restaurants in Boston
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan
Milton, Massachusetts
“It was good, but not up to the hype.”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Went to Ashmont Grill to meet up with a few people for drinks. I have heard a lot of reviews of the Ashmont Grill as being fantastic. Overall it was good, but nothing to rave over and a bit pricey.

The dollar shrimp special app was good. I also had the skirt steak, it was a bit undercooked for my taste when I ordered it medium. The bar tenders were all a bit on the unfriendly side.

I would go again, but not specifically run back for anything I saw or had there. It was just ok to me.

• Visited August 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“good food and drink”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Went to Ashmont Grill recently for brunch. We got a couple of specialty drinks-my bloody blue was excellent. My wife and I split the croque monsier madame. It was delicous. Fried were also really good! I recommend this place.

Visited March 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Our go-to place”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Full disclosure: my husband and I live very close to this restaurant. We are often trying other restaurants in the area, but keep coming back here. The waitstaff is extremely friendly; it is a real neighborhood place so if you go often enough you will be on a first name basis with most of the staff. The food is consistently good, I almost always get a fish special if they have one and have never been dissappointed. My husband ALWAYS gets the train wreck fries, they're a heart attack on a plate but totally worth it. Neither of us drink so I can't speak to how the drinks are, but I haven't seen anyone unhappy.
There isn't much parking, but street parking can be found easily on side streets if you don't mind walking a block or two. They also have a beautiful outdoor area open in the summer at the back. I would highly recommend going on a Thursday night, they have $1 oysters every Thursday. They do brunch on weekends that can't be missed. I also find the prices quite reasonable for the quality of food.

• Visited January 2012
Massachusetts
“casual atmosphere and yummy food”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Although a bit on the pricey side, the Ashmont Grill is a great place to go for a date or with a group of friends. Parking is extremely limited. The food was very good; we had an appetizer, dinner and even got dessert. The drinks were great too. Get an espresso martini and you won't be disappointed!

• Visited January 2012
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“New Year's Eve”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Enjoyed a wonderful meal here on New Year's Eve. We were a party of twelve and not one complaint! The service was excellent and the food even better!! The Ashmont Grill is our favorite restaurant and we were glad to ring in the New Year there!

• Visited December 2011