“Very interesting, must try..”
Review of Kaze

Kaze
Ranked #734 of 3,273 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Korean
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed October 29, 2012

First time to try Shabu, where you cook your food instantly in the soup infront of you, its amazing how its cooked so quickly the fish and meet were quite good.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We just went in for some lunch while in Boston's Chinatown, thinking it was just regular chinese or japanese food. But we were pleasantly surprised by the make your own soup. Our server was very helpful & pleasant, showing us how to prepare & eat the soup. We ordered the pork & chicken. First she brought out the broth which cooked over a hot pot right on the table, then the veggies & the thinly sliced meat. She helped show us how to add and then eat the yummy soup which my husband & kids enjoyed! and we were surprised at how filling and satisfied we were with a lunch of soup. Would definitely recommend this unique experience to anyone visiting Boston.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

I like the dining environment. They have plenty of soup base choice for their hotpot. The waiter didn't offer explanation of their menu though. It's also quite tough to your wallet.

1  Thank phdgracie
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I make it a point to dine at Kaze Shabu Shabu whenever I am in Boston. My usual choice is the surf & turf with lamb. They have various types of broth for the hotpot but I usually go with the regular broth, it gets plenty flavorful once all the vegetables and meats are cooked in it. Service is so-so but the food more than makes up for it. Having a leisurely hotpot meal after a hectic day -- a great way to unwind.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

We absolutely love this place! My boyfriend and I go whenever we are in Boston. The shabu shabu is delicious. The black angus is amazing. The mushroom side is also delicious (especially the enoki). The food is delicious, but it is also fun to cook.