“Excellent in every way”
Review of Eastern Standard

Eastern Standard
Reserve with OpenTable
Eastern Standard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 3,202 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Cross street: Beacon Street
Transit: Kenmore Station T stop on the Green Line and Bus Routes 119, 193, 55, 57, 60, 65, 8, and CT1 into Kenmore Square
Description: Eastern Standard is an American Brasserie located in the heart of Kenmore Square, featuring a heated patio and the longest marble bar in Boston. At Eastern Standard we strive to re-create every guest’s expectations. As you enter the restaurant you will be warmly greeted by a staff whose main goal is to make your dining experience among the best you have ever had. Guests can depend on the eclectic wine list to be approachable and unpretentious. We offer a full bar featuring 61 delicious classic cocktails from around the world and Eastern Standard originals. From the house made Charcuterie to the warm and indulgent Butterscotch Bread Pudding, your dining experience at Eastern Standard will keep you coming back again and again!
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Excellent in every way”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were in the mood for oysters. This restaurant was on our way so we stopped in and we were thrilled. Everything was just the way it's supposed to be. As an appetizer we had oysters. They were perfect. My son had a regular burger and his roommate had the steak tartar which were both cooled to perfection. I mean the french fries had a flavor of its own. I had the iron steak and it was perfectly tender meat. But the highlight was the desert. They boys had the bread pudding and I had the goat cheese with blubbery in a phyllo. pastry. They were both fantastic. I highly recommend this place to anyone visiting the Boston area.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Mae-and-Abdulla

• Polish first
Syosset, New York
“disappointed”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I usually eat breakfast or brunch. The food is pretty good most of the time. The service is not so good. I have been there many times and always disappointed with the service. The wait staff is not so friendly and most of the time you have to wait for them to come and take your order. Last time I waited 10 minutes for someone to take a drink order and then she never came back. It took another 10 minutes for a different staff member to came over very unhappily and bring us our coffee. She then took our order and disappeared for almost a 1/2 hr. When she brought our breakfast it ended up completely wrong.

Visited September 2013
NH
“Very Accommodating”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

As I was coming into Boston from New Hampshire, the traffic was at a stand still. By the time we got to Eastern Standard, we were and hour and a half late! Of course we called and told them of our predicament and they said to come when we could. When we arrived, they seated us immediately! Cudo's to them for being so understanding and accommodating! My blueberry lemonade martini calmed me down after the rough ride into Boston and we were not rushed to put in our order. The food was delicious. I had the chicken schnitzel witht the a yummy warm potatoe salad. The chicken was very tender. My son had the Roasted Bone Marrow - not my cup of tea, but he really enjoyed it. The steaks my sons ordered were huge and done to perfection! I would highly recommend dining at Eastern Standard.

• Visited July 2013
Waterbury Center, Vermont
“Great restaurant, great service and food!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Whenever we go to Fenway Park, this is where we meet our friends before a Red Sox game. It's easy to find for out-of-towners and very close to the ballpark. The food is excellent and the service is great. We make our reservations well in advance and have never been disappointed. They make the best sazeracs in town!

• Visited August 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
1,447 restaurant reviews
“Always a Great Time Here”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Eastern Standard always delivers. The food is very good and the ambiance, service, and overall professionalism of the operation leads to a wonderful time. Their dedication to wine is a major plus. We love it here...

• Visited September 2013