“Can't wait to come back”
Review of Eastern Standard

Eastern Standard
Reserve with OpenTable
Eastern Standard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #133 of 3,337 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Cross street: Beacon Street
Transit: Kenmore Station T stop on the Green Line and Bus Routes 119, 193, 55, 57, 60, 65, 8, and CT1 into Kenmore Square
Description: Eastern Standard is an American Brasserie located in the heart of Kenmore Square, featuring a heated patio and the longest marble bar in Boston. At Eastern Standard we strive to re-create every guest’s expectations. As you enter the restaurant you will be warmly greeted by a staff whose main goal is to make your dining experience among the best you have ever had. Guests can depend on the eclectic wine list to be approachable and unpretentious. We offer a full bar featuring 61 delicious classic cocktails from around the world and Eastern Standard originals. From the house made Charcuterie to the warm and indulgent Butterscotch Bread Pudding, your dining experience at Eastern Standard will keep you coming back again and again!
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Went there for lunch today with my son ,the place is very nice ,we both had chopp salads , the best Ceviche I ever had and a couple of soft drinks , got away under 50.00 and had lunch in a real nice place , wish we could of stayed for a couple of martinis cause the bar looked great , but we had a 3 hour drive ahead of us , but Boston is in our future for the next couple of years , can't wait to have dinner there and get the whole experience

Write a ReviewReviews (1,260)

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had reservations on a game night, the place was packed but our table was waiting for us. We were not rushed and enjoyed our meal before heading to the game.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have been to the eastern standard several times as a I work close by. Most recently was last Friday for lunch. I got the mussles which were very good and the service was fine. I go back just for the mussles

The time before that I ordered the gnocchi which was one of the worst attempts at gnocchi I have ever had. It was like an insult to gnocchi itself.

The service/staff has always been spotty. Some seem to judge you on your appearance then act pompous and borderline rude if you aren't up to their standards (hey who is paying who?).

Basically I would only go there now for lunch its too stuffy and rigid in there for a group in my opinion. If you are going there for the bar/mixed drinks thats fine but the food is nothing amazing. If you want beer walk a little ways down Brookline Ave and go to the Yard House.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Because we stayed at the Hotel Commonwealth, I had several meals at the Eastern Standard, including room service one evening. The quality of the food is excellent, service is attentive and timely, presentation was tasteful without being fussy and only my 9-year-old had issues with the selection (pancakes are only available for Sunday brunch, not weekday breakfast). There is outdoor seating which provides an alternative to indoor dining. Prices are reasonable for downtown Boston.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a late lunch at the eastern standard. They had a very limited menu. Our service was extremely bad. The food was average. The ES chopped salad was bland. The flat iron steak was delicious. The martinis were ok. We ordered the pana cotta for desert which was ok. My 10 year old loved the mini macaroons that came with the pana cotta so we asked the waiter if we could get a couple more. We got a speech on how they don't do that and he'd need to speak to the chef. He then took 10 minutes before heading to the kitchen and coming out with 3 on a plate and giving us another speech on how they don't do that. I found it so rude. The little cookies are the size of a junior mint so it was not a large request. We were shocked after the 2 speeches to see that we were charged for the cookies! This place was a huge disappointment.

1  Thank Greenshamrck