“Heaven for Seafood Lovers”
Review of Mare - MOVED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: North
Transit: Haymarket and Government Center T stop
Description: Seafood, crudo, and oyster bar
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Went to Mare for a birthday and was not disappointed. The food was incredible, with the seafood being unbelievable. Mare's smoked salmon was some of the best salmon I've tasted, as were the mussels. If you don't like seafood, there aren't many options, as with picky eaters. If you love seafood, this is a fantastic pick. Service wise, some servers were terrific and others were poor. The food takes forever to come out so be prepared to spend around 2-2 1/2 hours there for dinner

Pros - Great seafood and atmoshpere. Good starters.
Cons - Hard to park. Not many options for non-seafood fans or picky eaters.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We went to Mare on recommendation of our hotel and we were delighted. The mains were a seafood soup including half a lobster and grilled seafood including lobster, langoustine and tuna. Great food well served, we felt that we had a great deal.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I ate here for dinner and was really disappointed. I ordered the lobster casserole and could barely find lobster in my dish of huge unseasoned bread cubes. No one came to ask about the dish until it was picked up. When I said I was disappointed with my meal I was told sorry, I hope you'll give us a second chance. Then the same waiter came over and interrupted my conversation to pick his tip up off the table. I would never send anyone here.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We went for the oysters and ended up eating seafood!
We ordered the Tomato Bufala appetizer which was very tasty.
Also had the Lobster casserole which was good, just a tad o the bread side.
The Branzini was delicious but came with ho-hum potatoes.
Pannacotta and expresso martini were both perfect.
We would go there again, it was very comfortable with great windows all around 2 sides, altho a small place.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I dined at Mare in October. We started with oysters, they offered a large selection to choose from and we sampled a number of them. They have a great little descriptive menu explaining the size and characteristics of the oysters which was spot on. Our dinners were very tasty and the service was excellent. The wine list was good too, lot's to choose from and prices were reasonable. Next trip to Boston we'll definitely stop in again.