“Average Dinner Experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Petit Robert Bistro Kenmore - CLOSED

Petit Robert Bistro Kenmore
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Cross street: Kenmore Sq.
Transit: Kenmore Square
Description: Petit Robert Bistro is a French Bistro open every day all year long 11:00am - 11:00pm. They feature an open kitchen on the first floor (40 seats), fireplace and wine racks on the wall. The sub basement has another 40 seats and the pastry bar (12 seats) where they prepare all their homemade desserts. The also offer a patio, which seats 15 guests. They offer a large selection of entrees.
Portland, Maine
“Average Dinner Experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We recently visited this restaurant. The tripes dish was most disappointing. The calves liver dish which my wife had was also disappointing. The Chocolate gateau had little to recommend. The bread was excellent and the pate appetizer was fine. Would not return.

• Visited October 2013

Brookline, Massachusetts
“SO FAR ABOVE AND BEYOND”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I made my reservation on Open Table and added in the 'special notes' that I was taking my 11 year old son, who has been having a tough time, for some one-on-one time, and anything they could do to make a big deal out of him would be appreciated. I am not exaggerating when I say that they dazzled me beyond my wildest expectations. While we were looking over the menu they brought a glass of champagne for me and a champagne flute filled with passion fruit juice for my son. They then proceeded to instruct my son on the delightful way in which the French look each other in the eye and say 'Santé' before having a sip. We had extraordinary service, including many members of the staff, who were not waiting on us, coming by to compliment my son on his cool fedora. He ordered a Shirley Temple and what was presented to us was the largest and most beautiful one I have seen. It rivaled a wine bottle in size and was garnished with berries on top. He filled his little tummy mostly with ST, but I didn't care that he barely touched his steak/frites. We agreed we were too stuffed for dessert, but nonetheless two members of staff came swooping over with a gorgeously decorated piece of chocolate cake with two lit candles in it. They said, in their delightful French accents, that it doesn't matter that it is not his birthday, because you can celebrate happiness every day. They encouraged us both to make a wish and blow out the candles. My son was practically glowing by the end of the night and in no small part because of the exemplary service and kindness shown by the staff at Petit Robert Bistro. I cannot express my gratitude enough. Oh, and the food was delicious!

• Visited October 2013
New York
“French food before Fenway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Very busy Saturday evening before ALCS clinching game 6. Nicely accommodated at the bar. Attentive and pleasant service. The staff was very much in tune with the excitement of the night. Bluefish in coconut milk with mussels over spinach was outstanding. Roast chicken with vegetables and mashed potatoes was solid. Been walking by this place for years. Will definitely put it on our Boston list.

Visited October 2013
San Luis Obispo, CA
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is a smallish, cozy restaurant, with French and other choices. Three of us had salmon with ratatouille and thought it was excellent. The 4th person had coq au vin, which was also excellent. There is a decent selection of French and American wines at reasonable prices, some of them available by the glass. Our server struggled a bit to get 4 different wine-by-the-glass orders right, but eventually we got what we ordered. For dessert, we split raspberry sorbet and profiteroles, both of which were delicious. All told, a very pleasant experience.

• Visited September 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Had A Great Family Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Went for a meal here with family who live in Boston, and go here regularly. The service was good and the staff very friendly. We all enjoyed our food, and my highlight was the chocolate souffle. It was fantastic, but make sure you order in advance as it takes about 20 minutes to cook.

• Visited September 2013