“Very, very good French at affordable prices”
Review of Petit Robert Bistro Kenmore - CLOSED

Petit Robert Bistro Kenmore
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Cross street: Kenmore Sq.
Transit: Kenmore Square
Description: Petit Robert Bistro is a French Bistro open every day all year long 11:00am - 11:00pm. They feature an open kitchen on the first floor (40 seats), fireplace and wine racks on the wall. The sub basement has another 40 seats and the pastry bar (12 seats) where they prepare all their homemade desserts. The also offer a patio, which seats 15 guests. They offer a large selection of entrees.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This restaurant is on the south side of Commonwealth Avenue, just east of the Kenmore Square MTA (subway) station on the green line.

The ambiance is pretty good, although it is a small restaurant so the tables are pretty close together. The service was outstanding.

We had the pate appetizer and it was excellent; three types of homemade pate (no duck). I had the Steak Frite which was very, very good (the fries were perfect!) while my wife had the calves liver; she felt that was cooked a bit too much.

The prices are very, very affordable here. Check this one out!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I wrote a review a few months back that was less than flattering, regarding the look of the menu and the fact that some of the best dishes were removed from the menu. I dined at the restaurant recently and i am happy to report that things are back on track. The wonderful chicken breast is back on the menu and it is as good as ever. The giant profiterole is just that so be prepared to share. It is very good. Overall it was as good as it ever was, so i highly recommend it to anyone looking for a nice bistro style atmosphere, very good food and reasonable prices.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Service was so incredibly slow (over an hour from the time we ordered until we got our food) and the food is just okay-- nothing to write home about.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We decided to try this restaurant based on friends raving about the desserts. We made reservations and were promptly seated when we arrived. The restaurant was busy but not noisy. I believe French was the first language for our servers, which added additional charm.
My friend and I each had a salad for a starter. I had delicious beef bourgonion made from beef shortribs. The side vegetables were simple and perfectly prepared. My companion had seared scallops on juniper sauerkraut - delicious also. Then for dessert! We split a "Giant profiterole". It was truly giant - enough for four people. The portions, overall, were very ample and the service excellent. We will definitely go back.

2  Thank CapeCodDiva
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Lots of great dishes to try in the French style. You won't go away hungry and will be tempted to eat a bit more than you should, because everything is so deliciously prepared.

1  Thank Gerri B