“Excellent price to value”
Review of Petit Robert Bistro Kenmore - CLOSED

Petit Robert Bistro Kenmore
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Cross street: Kenmore Sq.
Transit: Kenmore Square
Description: Petit Robert Bistro is a French Bistro open every day all year long 11:00am - 11:00pm. They feature an open kitchen on the first floor (40 seats), fireplace and wine racks on the wall. The sub basement has another 40 seats and the pastry bar (12 seats) where they prepare all their homemade desserts. The also offer a patio, which seats 15 guests. They offer a large selection of entrees.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I wrote a review a few months back that was less than flattering, regarding the look of the menu and the fact that some of the best dishes were removed from the menu. I dined at the restaurant recently and i am happy to report that things are back on track. The wonderful chicken breast is back on the menu and it is as good as ever. The giant profiterole is just that so be prepared to share. It is very good. Overall it was as good as it ever was, so i highly recommend it to anyone looking for a nice bistro style atmosphere, very good food and reasonable prices.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Service was so incredibly slow (over an hour from the time we ordered until we got our food) and the food is just okay-- nothing to write home about.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We decided to try this restaurant based on friends raving about the desserts. We made reservations and were promptly seated when we arrived. The restaurant was busy but not noisy. I believe French was the first language for our servers, which added additional charm.
My friend and I each had a salad for a starter. I had delicious beef bourgonion made from beef shortribs. The side vegetables were simple and perfectly prepared. My companion had seared scallops on juniper sauerkraut - delicious also. Then for dessert! We split a "Giant profiterole". It was truly giant - enough for four people. The portions, overall, were very ample and the service excellent. We will definitely go back.

2  Thank CapeCodDiva
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Lots of great dishes to try in the French style. You won't go away hungry and will be tempted to eat a bit more than you should, because everything is so deliciously prepared.

1  Thank Gerri B
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Always wanted to try this place, and FINALLY did! What an AMAZING place! Firstly, the host seated me promptly and didn't mind that I waited for my partner. When we were both there, we were greeted and serviced en francais (which could have been off-putting for some, but I REALLY enjoyed this!) by a courteous, perfect waitress. The menu here is small and focused, offering very authentic French bistro cuisine, and wonderful wines. We did not have the dessert because we definitely ate rich food ... but what an amazing experience! I love how typical Americans think the French are snobby. It's a pitty, but I guess there are some stereotypes that just won't go away.

We ordered Volles aux vents as an appetizer - perfect. As a main, I ordered liver, divine. My partner ordered the pork and beef trip - wow! This should be illegal! The bread was pure magic, and accompanied our juicy dishes perfectly. We also had an amazing sparkling rose which accompanied our pallettes royally.

If you want EXCELLENT food in a cute place, come here! It's also a rather quaintly romantic place, and there was a proposal during our dine that made the evening much more magical than it already was!

1  Thank ughughCO