“Walkers, joggers, sailors and dog walkers”
Review of Jamaica Pond

and up
Fall Foliage Bike Ride in Boston
Ranked #122 of 411 things to do in Boston
Reviewed January 26, 2012

JP is a place to relax and take in the tranquility of water.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

A great pond in a nice park that you can bike ride ,run or walk around. They also rent rwboats and small sailboats in the summer

1  Thank kappy26
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I may be biased b/c I live in the neighborhood :) But I adore the Jamaica Pond. It's got a jogging/walking path around the pond that runs nearly 2 miles and connects to the entire Emerald Necklace chain of paths. There are families strolling around, lots of dog-walkers and older folks fishing off the benches. A very neighborly oasis in the otherwise busy, sometimes brisk culture of Boston :)

1  Thank nolaJP
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Like to sit there and watch people boating on a nice summer day

1  Thank fml0814
Reviewed September 8, 2011

If you are visiting Boston and get to Jamaica Plain for anything you won't want to miss taking a short walk to the pond! It is best to take the 39 bus rather than the Orange T & get off at Pond Street in Jamaica Plain. Walk a few blocks and you are there! (the bus driver can help you) The 39 bus is easy to get on anywhere on Huntinington Ave.
I was just visiting Boston and was able to find the right bus.

I had always wanted to visti jamaica Plain - like I had heard, there were fun places to shop and eat on the main street. (My favorites - he original JP Licks ice cream store, When Pigs Fly Bread Bakery, and a fun local organic grocery store that had a yummy cafe) Before gettting on a bus back into the city I took a walk to Jamaica Pond! So glad I did! Not only was the walk there enjoyable - beautiful homes along the way - the pond reminded me of Greenlake in Seattle. I loved it!

Who would have ever thought such a georgeous place would exist right there in Jamaica Plain!

If you are up to walking a mile - the Arboreatum is only a mile away. If you go there, you are near a T and can easily get on an orange T back into the city. Surrise! That is how I unexpectantly ended up my day after meeting a friendly Bostonian at the pond.

1  Thank Gimberlin