“Nice half day”

New England Aquarium Whale Watch
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Boston's best whale watch! Experience whales as only the New England Aquarium can present them! Our experienced marine biologists tell you all about these majestic creatures and the other inhabitants of Stellwagen Bank onboard the only fast catamaran in Boston designed specifically for whale watching! Whale sightings are guaranteed on this family fun adventure!
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Unfortunately we only saw 3 brief whales on our trip, but they gave us a free ticket to come back.

The boat was big, comfy with plenty of seats, the tour guide gave a lot of useful information about whales, the area.

1  Thank donnamarieore
There are newer reviews for New England Aquarium Whale Watch

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I realize every experience on a whale watch cruise will be different & we had 3-5 ft swells on a miserably cold & rainy day. I honestly didn't expect a lot to begin with it. There were several student groups on the boat which was annoying because no one seemed to be watching them & they just kept running in & out most of the time. I saw at least 10 people get sick. The crew tried to make the best of it by giving lots of info on the whales, the attractions coming out of the harbor etc but everyone was completely soaked. I we saw a 2 tails & maybe 4 or 5 whales in total. No breaches or anything very exciting. I have been on whale watching cruises in other places in the world & because this boat was so large, we couldn't get a great look at them because we were so far away. We were out about 3 hrs & 45 minutes total. I probably wouldn't suggest this to anyone based on my experience unless it's a very sunny day & you will be happy just seeing a few off in the distance & enjoying time on a boat.

2  Thank Lem1
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Reviews to this whale watch tour solely depend upon weather conditions and whether you could see whales on the day. We joined this tour on August 15, 2012 and the weather of the day became perfectly calm and fine by noon in spite of heavy shower in the morning. So we comfortably stayed on board having a well-chilled Bud and hotdog during an outgoing cruise between the wharf and the feeding area. Then at the area, we saw whales jumping and diving in front of us over and over as if they knew they were being seen by the audience. We fully enjoyed the tour. We purchased COMBO TICKETs which include admission fee for the Aquarium. Because Japanese Yen was so strong at that time, we found it really low price.

2  Thank takefamily
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I highly recommend this trip. I think perhaps that the tour we were on was better than some other times of the year. It almost seemed like the humpback whales were on the payroll. They appeared on cue, performed
as rehearsed. A brown sea otter even popped his head above the surface to check us out.
Take a coat! It can be windy and cold, even if the city is temperate.

1  Thank GreenGazoo
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Wow a trip out from Boston Harbour, about one hour and a half and spotted a pod of humpbacks, Fin and was in heaven. Took the customary tail photos then sat back and enjoyed what was before my eyes. $35 well spent. Remember to take something warm and sea sick tablets!!

2  Thank mauritius45

Been to New England Aquarium Whale Watch? Share your experiences!