“So much fun”
Review of Shear Madness

Shear Madness
Ranked #4 of 47 Concerts & Shows in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover for youself why over 9 million people around the world have seen Shear Madness, the uproarious whodunit where the audience gets to solve the crime. A mixture of improvisation and up-to-the-minute humor, the play is delightfully different every time you see it.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I can see why this play is a Boston tradition. It is so much fun to watch and the cast keep it contemporary and relevant-updating all the humour to fit in with the current crowd. I'd definitely go and watch it again, really worth it! Tip: buy tickets on the same day from a Bostix Booth, half price!

4  Thank RobZ6
ShearMadness, Public Relations Manager at Shear Madness, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

So glad you enjoyed the show! Come back anytime.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Originally saw this production in Washington, DC in 1986 and had hoped it would come to Atlanta, which it hasn't, so I jumped at the chance to see it again in Boston. Jordan Anhquist plays Tony Whitcomb, a flamboyant hair stylist; and in my opinion he stole the show. He was wickedly funny. He was an understudy in Friday's performance, and it will be a real treat if he plays the role of Tony when you attend. We laughed the entire 1 1/2 hours. The Charles Playhouse is small and seating is tiered and around small tables. Try and sit to the left as you face the stage, as that is where the most action is. It's an "interactive" production with the audience as the detectives look to the ‘witnesses’ – that’s the audience – to question the possible perpetrators. The ending is actually determined by the audience and can change nightly. It's a clever production and very well done. The actors do a great job of engaging the audience and I'm amazed at how clever and funny the impromptu and ad lib lines are. Thoroughly enjoyed it and would definitely recommend. Saw on another post that discount tickets are available at Faneuil Hall, so that would be worth looking in to for discounted tickets. Otherwise, have an early dinner and enjoy the show.

1  Thank ladolcevitaAtlanta

Thank you for coming to the show! Hoping to get to Atlanta soon and we will make sure all our fans know.

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Wasn't really sure what to expect. This show really depends on what type of sense of humor you have. I went with my boyfriend and we both felt it was cute and entertaining but, not as funny as we were hoping. I can see this show really being funny if the crowd participated more. The cast is great and do a good job trying to engage the crowd to get involved. This would be great for kids or if you went with a group of friends. Definitely worth seeing at least once!

2  Thank JThomassen
Reviewed April 4, 2014

If you have never seen it or are with someone who has not seen this play, you must! It is so entertaining and well done. It is a fun time for teens as well as adults.

2  Thank Ann Marie d
Reviewed April 4, 2014

The show itself is only okay, but the cast does an amazing job of involving the audience and making sure everyone has a good time. I was very impressed with their energy, enthusiasm, and acting skills. Not a must-do in my opinion, but it is a fun time. Our party included two adults and two older teens - all four of us liked the show are were glad we went.

2  Thank Wolfgang86