“Pretty Nice, but on the rong side of town :(”

Courtyard Boston-South Boston
Ranked #72 of 85 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed March 15, 2010

First off let me tell you that it is EXTREMLY hard to get into this hotel! You have to go through the Target parking lot in order to get into the hotels lot. This took us forever to figure out because mapquest and GPS dont have that as the route. All of the other entrances are one-way roads that you cannot enter onto. We were visiting Boston for a spring break road trip and chose this hotel because it was cheap and looked nice. Although it was very nice and new, it is in more of an industrial part of town. It is more suited for a business person or someone who knows the city pretty well. I never felt unsafe persay, just a little un-easy at times. Once we took the subway into the main part of Boston we realized that we chose the wrong side of town to stay in. The staff was extremly friendly and the pool was very nice! Also, the internet was faster then my home computer! The rooms are very well appointed, and the beds were really comfy. We also had a pretty cool view of the Boston skyline.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank layne4120

Reviewed January 20, 2010

I have been wanting to stay at this hotel for some time. Have been following the Tripadvisor reviews and was disappointed to see it fell 20 places down the rankings. But still decided to try it to see what it was like. Tripadvisor reviewers were right to say it's not in the most pleasant areas of town. But in the daytime, it looks safe, and the walk from Andrew Station is relatively short. From Andrew, you are 2 stops from South Station, where you can take the Silver Line Bus to Logan Airport. I was disappointed when I checked in, that I only got a low floor, when I specified on my reservation that I preferred a high floor. This is not the 1st hotel where that has happened, but it makes you wonder if front desk has the same information in their computer that you have on your reservation. The room was huge, twice the size of rooms I'm used to. I was afraid I might be under a family of kids but it was relatively quiet during my 2-night stay. But I only had a view of one side of the carpark. I don't think front desk gave me the best room available at the time. And it is not cheap. $119 a night plus tax for this part of town, I paid less for being closer to downtown. The hotel is within walking distance to the South Bay Shopping Center, which has a lot of shops, including Target, Home Depot and Best Buy. The room has a fridge that is so cold you don't need ice for your drinks. Shower has the best shower pressure I'm experienced anywhere. Internet is free, which is a huge plus for me. There is a laundry room, which can come in handy. I think I would stay here again, if I got a cheaper rate. And I would request at check-in to be on a higher floor next time.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank hydepark
Reviewed December 25, 2009

Good hotel at a decent price ($89) in a notoriously expensive city.

Very welcoming, rooms are clean and has a sofa and fridge too. Roomy too, which helps with its location being out of the way and therefore more room. Only real minus point was that the bar closes at 10pm latest. That said, Applebee's next door closes at 11.30pm.

Situated next to a mall with Target, Best Buy, Stop and Shop (though none sell liquor).

Shuttle to/from Logan is well worth $5 each way, although it also serves the Holiday Inn Express next door too. Which can be annoying if somebody is dawdling with their car beforehand...

It's a little bit out of the way from downtown Boston, although with the T-Line only 5-10 minute walk away it's not that bad. Fortunately, Andrew (the T-line station) has a lift/elevator too. Area is not upmarket (it's in a predominantly Polish area, though with the usual Irish contingent in Southie) but perfectly safe.

All in all, worth staying there again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank blaugelb75
Reviewed December 23, 2009

We stayed here in December 2009 on our way to Florida. We chose this location for its close proximity to the University and the JFK library. Getting into the hotel parking lot was not as easy as we had hoped given the one way streets, etc. But once we were there the service was very good. Our room was clean and comfortable. This Courtyard has joined many other Courtyards and does not serve a free breakfast so I can't comment on the food services. The room though was exactly what we had requested and it worked very well for us.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank SoLittletime2Travel
Reviewed November 27, 2009

We reserve 2 connected room. Both room were really clean with comfy beds. No negative point about this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank mariehd1985
Reviewed November 23, 2009

This was a lovely hotel - when we arrived the manager welcomed us and explained the T and that our nearest stop was Andrew. The room was wonderful and spacious with a large bathroom, an iron and ironing board, and plenty of space to sit and watch TV. The breakfast was really good and the food fresh - delighted to see fruit on the menu for breakfast and the eggs were not overcooked.

I cannot fault anything about the staff, quality of service about the hotel.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
1  Thank bumskin
Reviewed October 16, 2009

I stayed standard twin room.
It was clean and wide that I could stay comfortable.
Many company branches and restaurant were around there so
if you have a car ( of course ), no problem with the location.

Breakfast was ok, many kinds of fruit and bread.
Big TV, sofa, newspaper are in lobby so you can also kill time there.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business