“Great Experience”

Ranked #74 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Moultonborough
“Great Experience”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I thought that this hotel was not only convenient to the Red Line, but also very clean. My room was very spacious, and was neat and orderly. The hotel also offers free parking, which is a godsend in Boston. You can also unwind after a long day in the hot tub and pool. The value you receive for the low cost is incredible. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank scolby78
Chester C, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Boston-South Boston, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Hello scolby78,

Thank you for your comments. The experience was great because you were a great guest.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Arabic first
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I let them know immediately, and after a couple of days a manager got back to me, insisting the room I stayed in has a clean bill of health. I beg to differ & so does my doctor and all the photos of my bitten up arms & face. I deserve a full refund but the manager will not authorize it. I then contacted Marriott Corporate with all my information and they stand behind their managers.

I'd give this hotel a "0" rating if I could. STAY AWAY!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank MrsComiskey
Chester C, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Boston-South Boston, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and concerns. We take your concerns very serious and we have a team that acts immediately to address concerns such as this. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing our guest with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. After learning about your concern we acted immediately and got a professional Pest Control Company to come in and inspect the room right away. After the inspection was completed by the professional pest control team and the Health Department, we were provided with documentation that the room was safe and free of bed bugs. Once again we take these matters very serious. We want to regain your trust and in the event that you’re in the Boston area again please do not hesitate to contact us.

Cheste Coppin
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This hotel is especially excellent if you get a good rate. A nice Boston hotel can be pretty pricey as most everyone knows, so if you get a decent rate here definitely jump on it. The hotel is pretty new and nicely appointed all around. Everything is clean, the staff is friendly and was very helpful when I needed some assistance with the shuttle; they really went the extra mile. One thing that needs some improvement (especially for those that have never stayed here) is signage to help direct people to the hotel. The one way streets and access to the hotel can be a little tricky. Free parking is also AWESOME. Highly recommend this place. I hope they keep the quality of the property where it is.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank trainit
Chester C, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Boston-South Boston, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We strongly appreciate and welcome all of your comments and your business. Again thank you for your business and we look forward to servicing you on your next visit to the Boston Area.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed January 30, 2014

the hotel is beautiful and very nice, my room was amazing and i honestly loved it here!! its near downtown and i felt so relaxed while its very close to stores so my girlfriend was able to walk on over and get some shopping done

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and we are glad to hear that your girlfriend was able to get some shopping done. We are located next to a shopping plaza . We welcome you to join us again on your next trip.

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

A good option for a weekend at Boston, hotel is very confortable, big rooms, updated furniture, bulding, etc. Missing complementary breafast is not a good point, you can take it there, but it's quite expensive. Anyway is highly recommendable.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DrMart
Thank you for joining us during your stay in the Boston area. We are happy that our hotel met your needs. Please join us again on your next trip to Boston as we work very hard to inprove service and increase the pleasant guest experiences.

Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Visiting my daughters in south Boston. The location was great.. Right near the T. Close to south action for transport to airport and other rail services. The hotel walking distance to stores. Hotel property clean, and guest rooms very nicely decorated. The only drawback is that it is not a dog friendly property.I would recommend to travelers who need a hotel in south Boston. We had a car, so we did not need the airport shuttle.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Andrea G
Thank you for the visit and thank you for the wonderful comments. We are looking into close locations for guest that are travelling with their pets. We ask that you give us a heads up so that we can provide you with that information. Please notify us on your next visit as we welcome you back to the Boston area.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed here for work on NYE. First I will rate the hotel, then my experience at the hotel. The shuttle is terrible, you are better off taking a cab. We waited over 20 minutes in the freezing weather. Saw shuttles from other hotels drive by multiple times. The staff is very nice at checkin and the hotel is very nice. Actually, the rooms are great. Beds are super comfortable and rooms are spacious and decorated very nice. I at at the Marriott Bistro in the lobby and the food and service was great.

This hotel was not prepared for NYE at all. I am not sure why you would not have extra security etc. We had a short stop over so we arrived at 6pm and left at 6am. There were parties everywhere and no staff on site to take care of the issues. Guests were walking up and down the halls smoking, drinking, yelling and knocking/kicking all of the doors. I called the front desk two times complaining with no response so called the police who said they can't do anything that the hotel has to act upon it which they refused to do. I was woken up at 215am and unable to go back to sleep the rest of the day. When I left my hotel room at 610am, there were beer boxes, cans etc in the halls and was 2 gentlemen outside drinking still. Very poor job done on the hotels part. Very large shame too, because the hotel itself is nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jarod M
Chester C, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Boston-South Boston, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Hello Mr. Jarod M.,

Thank you for staying with us druing the holiday season. Thank you for sharing your experience with us as well. Your comments will certainly help up best improve service, guest relations and better prepare us for future the upcoming holiday such as New Years Eve 2014. I am glad to know that your experience with our staff was a delight. We are also grateful to know that you enjoyed the Bistro Service and the Menu items that you ate.

NYE is a very important night for many individuals. We as leaders of the hotel business try very hard to accommodate every single patron in the hotel. It's a joy to see every patron leaving our hotel happy and sharing those moments with others. Please accept our apologies for your time not being the most enjoyable night on NYE. We heard your concerns and will do every thing possible to make sure this does not happy again. If there is anything I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.